Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Idiots that have to wear gym clothing brands to remind you that they go to the gym.

Haha yeah! Just in general it seems a lot of people who go to the gym brag about it as if it's some massive achievement. Congratulations. You've still got a double chin.

• Like 2

Haha yeah! Just in general it seems a lot of people who go to the gym brag about it as if it's some massive achievement. Congratulations. You've still got a double chin.

I know this lad that doesn't stop going on about it, he's 16 and he's a right gym freak, I get why people go to they gym but why is there the need to tell everybody about it?

I know this lad that doesn't stop going on about it, he's 16 and he's a right gym freak, I get why people go to they gym but why is there the need to tell everybody about it?

I'm going to join the gym in juvember, then I will give daily updates. I'm not going to do any exercise, I'm just going to sit in my pants in the changing rooms playing flappy bird.
  • Like 2

I have no idea, it's quite puzzling. If you're a full-on gym fanatic then your physique should speak for itself. I think it's often people who have been insecure about their weight, have managed to lose 2lb and want some compliments or people who just like to brag generally. Just odd how common it is

I have no idea, it's quite puzzling. If you're a full-on gym fanatic then your physique should speak for itself. I think it's often people who have been insecure about their weight, have managed to lose 2lb and want some compliments or people who just like to brag generally. Just odd how common it is

to those people i say..."i shit 2lbs this morning"

• Like 1

I'm a writer, and have been all my working life. I write all sorts of stuff, including brochures, press releases, blogs, websites - anything for money, really - and I'm pretty good at it. I've only got half a dozen clients now, mostly easy to deal with, but I've recently picked up one that is doing my bald old head in. One of their senior people insists on making semi-literate changes to my copy and then sending it off to the designers without telling me. Then they send me the proofs to check. So I get days like today when I've spent all soddin' afternoon putting right the mistakes that this guy has made.

Like I say, it's doing my head in, and I am on the verge of telling them to go forth and multiply. Trouble is, it's not bad money, and I like the other people I deal with. I quite like the guy who's fvcking up my copy, to be honest, and I've tried explaining to him that he's wasting my time and their money. He just laughs and says things like "I hear you, and I know where you're coming from." Then carries on doing the same thing.

That really grinds my gears, since you ask.

Ordering a phone from China. Spent quite a bit of time doing the research from various places and going for the safest/best customer service site to order from. Was advised from numerous places to make sure you go for the Express/DHL shipping as China Air Mail packages usually takes about 6 weeks to arrive (sometimes upto 10 weeks)

Placed the order with Express shipping. Was asked a day later if I was happy for a refund on the shipping as they are having problems with customs via their Express service recently so can only use China Air Mail. Emailed them back immediately to say that's fine, just send my phone out however. Another day later and still no dispatch confirmation. Damnit.

And you expected everything to go to plan? :huh:

I'm a writer, and have been all my working life. I write all sorts of stuff, including brochures, press releases, blogs, websites - anything for money, really - and I'm pretty good at it. I've only got half a dozen clients now, mostly easy to deal with, but I've recently picked up one that is doing my bald old head in. One of their senior people insists on making semi-literate changes to my copy and then sending it off to the designers without telling me. Then they send me the proofs to check. So I get days like today when I've spent all soddin' afternoon putting right the mistakes that this guy has made.

Like I say, it's doing my head in, and I am on the verge of telling them to go forth and multiply. Trouble is, it's not bad money, and I like the other people I deal with. I quite like the guy who's fvcking up my copy, to be honest, and I've tried explaining to him that he's wasting my time and their money. He just laughs and says things like "I hear you, and I know where you're coming from." Then carries on doing the same thing.

That post is way too correct for an Internet forum :whistle:

Do you work for DNO by any chance?

It does make me wonder why Nike Adidas etc make xxxl tee shirts, favoured amongst larger people who clearly never go near a gym or exercise, not much of an advert for their brands.

Oh, I have just realised why.........................take xxxl out of the American market and it's half Nikes profit gone.

Totally agree.

Can I also add his habit of expressing his opinion as fact, in a sort of "you heard it first" kind of way.

Are you for real! I never do that! Thats wrong! Incredible accusation!

You heard it here first Wenger to Forest, done deal!

• Like 1