Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Suffering from muscular back pain. Already had one week off work and it is looking like I am going to have another week off the work. I have never been good at sitting around and as my girlfriend put it rather succinctly, she said that I am the sort of the person who would push everyone away and wallow in self-pity/resentment if I ever fell ill as I just can't handle people doing things for me when I rather to do these myself. 

Oh well, posts galore on FT here I come.

Guest MattP

Blokes posting Mothering Sunday statuses on facebook on behalf of their kids who are too young to speak. Get a fvcking grip.

Virtually everything I see on Facebook annoys me now.

If it's not stuff like you mentioned it's women pouting, blokes telling us about the 50th monthly trip to the gym or something liking something to help aids victims.

If I didn't need it for contact with some friends I'd come off it.

If it's not stuff like you mentioned it's women pouting, blokes telling us about the 50th monthly trip to the gym or something liking something to help aids victims.

:o

Yeah its actually a chore to go on Facebook. I never, ever, look at my news feed, I just message who I need and close it.

Guest MattP

Yeah its actually a chore to go on Facebook. I never, ever, look at my news feed, I just message who I need and close it.

I might actually have to take on a similar approach.

Guest MattP

It is only one I have taken recently. Oh and remember to remove notifications from your phone, how annoying are they?

Already did that a while to ago lol

Already did that a while to ago lol

If I played any of these stupid games on Facebook, the last thing I would do is admit by inviting others. You are an adult, games like candy crush are about as inventive and cutting edge as pacman. Grow the •••• up lol
  • Like 1

Guest MattP

Incredible stuff.

Grown adults playing games like this, you really have to wonder what these people are doing with their lives.

What gets me is that one day these morons are going to show their kids the fact that they posted the entirety of their young lives online for the viewing pleasure of often total strangers (haven't properly spoken to the lad I'm on about since I left school nearly seven years ago) and the child is presumably going to be utterly horrified. With some folks it's almost as if they had the kids to get the attention on Facebook rather than making an informed decision on family planning.

Actually, there's no "almost" about it...

Edited by Voll Blau

Let's not be a ponce about it. If somebody's posts annoy you, ****ing delete them. It really is that simple!

Guest MattP

Let's not be a ponce about it. If somebody's posts annoy you, ****ing delete them. It really is that simple!

Awkwardness possible when bumping into them next time though and I go into Larry David mode.

Then he won't have any friends there when he removes both of them.

I'm sure I'll live.

IDS is one of my friends, want me to ask him anything?

Edited by MattP

Awkwardness possible when bumping into them next time though and I go into Larry David mode.

H

Don't worry about it.

It's awkward enough anyway when you bump into somebody in real life who you're friends with on Facebook, but don't actually know / like much, and don't know whether to talk to them. We've all been there!

Funnily enough I'm not on Facebook anymore but when I was I used to post on there when I had been to the gym (sad twat I know) however genuinely in my case it was so I could monitor how I was getting on (I would post times on treadmill etc) and I used it as a tool to try and improve my stats etc

Strangely enough I stopped going on because I got fed up of people telling me what they were fed up of reading on Facebook! (Genuinely not a dig at anyone btw)