Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Let's not be a ponce about it. If somebody's posts annoy you, ****ing delete them. It really is that simple!

You don't have to delete them, just unfollow, hover over their name, you get a few options, and one of them is follow (tick), just click on that and you won't get their updates, Facebook is great if you know how to use it. Keep people you like and see what they are up to, and those you think might be worth keeping in contact with you can be friends, but not get their spammy updates. Simple.

And stop moaning about it on here, you don't like anything on Facebook you can easily change it.

Awkwardness possible when bumping into them next time though and I go into Larry David mode.

?

You don't break stride whilst acknowledging them so there is no chance for any awkwardness

UKIP sending ridiculous propaganda emails for votes - apparently we're going to see the arrival of 29m Romanians/Bulgarians (combined population 27m). Random, non-fact checked statistics that are completely wrong (unless we're going to have a Romanian zombie invasion) and just based off scare mongering about the EU. Great way to out yourselves as xenophobic morons rather than a valid political party...

Back on fvcking selfies actually. And by extension Radio 1. I don't mind some youngish people chatting shit between music but it's innane and annoying and cringey. It's like one massive parody with this Selfie song that I've just discovered the existence of at the centre.

I used to enjoy R1 and although I could just listen to something else it always feels familiar because It used to be good and what I listened to in the mornings. 90% of the music is pants as well, why do I listen to it?

How does normal radio work these days? Is there any decent national stations?

Back on fvcking selfies actually. And by extension Radio 1. I don't mind some youngish people chatting shit between music but it's innane and annoying and cringey. It's like one massive parody with this Selfie song that I've just discovered the existence of at the centre.

I used to enjoy R1 and although I could just listen to something else it always feels familiar because It used to be good and what I listened to in the mornings. 90% of the music is pants as well, why do I listen to it?

Don't put off the inevitable. Get on radio 2.

• Like 2

Guest MattP

You don't break stride whilst acknowledging them so there is no chance for any awkwardness

Touche lol

I was more commenting on the social situations I intend to get myself into!

Funnily enough I'm not on Facebook anymore but when I was I used to post on there when I had been to the gym (sad twat I know) however genuinely in my case it was so I could monitor how I was getting on (I would post times on treadmill etc) and I used it as a tool to try and improve my stats etc

Strangely enough I stopped going on because I got fed up of people telling me what they were fed up of reading on Facebook! (Genuinely not a dig at anyone btw)

Ever heard of a pen and paper? lol 

UKIP sending ridiculous propaganda emails for votes - apparently we're going to see the arrival of 29m Romanians/Bulgarians (combined population 27m). Random, non-fact checked statistics that are completely wrong (unless we're going to have a Romanian zombie invasion) and just based off scare mongering about the EU. Great way to out yourselves as xenophobic morons rather than a valid political party...

It's poor typing really. They forgot to put the . between 2 and 9.

Shocking standards of admin.

That's what you get when you employ the locals.

It's amazing how much political literature is riddled with errors. You'd think if you wanted people to hear your point of view you might take the time to make sure you at least conveyed a touch of competence.

• Like 1

Guest MattP

It's a shame to see UKIP resorting to that, they actually don't need to either, just carry on exposing the corruption and the gravy train that Europe has become along with the effect it has had on so many of our businesses and the price we pay for products and it should be enough turn most ordinary folk off it.

It's amazing how much political literature is riddled with errors. You'd think if you wanted people to hear your point of view you might take the time to make sure you at least conveyed a touch of competence.

The brilliant Lib Dem leaflet from last year was the best I've seen that got posted out in Hinckley.

lib-dem-leaflet.png

Absolute Radio is good for music but the presenters are most soul-destroying dullards i've ever heard. I prefer zoning in and out of R1, whenever the inevitable shit songs come on I just put my headphones in lol

Not many. Capital is so repetitive and absolute shite, All other pop music stations are dull, with clone presenters It's becoming like TV where a saturation point is rapidly approaching. Radio lacks real personality presenters. R2 is barely acceptable these days, it's becoming a parody of itself. Jeremy Vine is unbearable, Steve Wright is a complete arse who believes he is a radio God. He's not. The best in my opinion is Simon Mayo. unassuming and genuine. Chris Evans? Now just a twat minus the alcohol.

Not many. Capital is so repetitive and absolute shite, All other pop music stations are dull, with clone presenters It's becoming like TV where a saturation point is rapidly approaching. Radio lacks real personality presenters. R2 is barely acceptable these days, it's becoming a parody of itself. Jeremy Vine is unbearable, Steve Wright is a complete arse who believes he is a radio God. He's not. The best in my opinion is Simon Mayo. unassuming and genuine. Chris Evans? Now just a twat minus the alcohol.

Agree on Capital. God they're shit. I stopped listening when I realised they cut huge chunks out of songs, and they're stitched up together so badly it sounds like a half arsed GCSE Music Tech project. They were removed from the cars radio after that.

But above all i can't stand the forced "banter" both between presenters and with guests/callers etc particularly in the mornings. As if the presenter is all knowing and above everyone else but is have some sort of shitty irreverent (god I hate that word too) look at whatever bullshit issue they're bulshitting about.

Not many. Capital is so repetitive and absolute shite, All other pop music stations are dull, with clone presenters It's becoming like TV where a saturation point is rapidly approaching. Radio lacks real personality presenters. R2 is barely acceptable these days, it's becoming a parody of itself. Jeremy Vine is unbearable, Steve Wright is a complete arse who believes he is a radio God. He's not. The best in my opinion is Simon Mayo. unassuming and genuine. Chris Evans? Now just a twat minus the alcohol.

Glad to see you've not dissed the mighty Ken Bruce.Could have been a banning.

Agree on Capital. God they're shit. I stopped listening when I realised they cut huge chunks out of songs, and they're stitched up together so badly it sounds like a half arsed GCSE Music Tech project. They were removed from the cars radio after that.

But above all i can't stand the forced "banter" both between presenters and with guests/callers etc particularly in the mornings. As if the presenter is all knowing and above everyone else but is have some sort of shitty irreverent (god I hate that word too) look at whatever bullshit issue they're bulshitting about.

I was once on Capital as a caller. The discussions are pre-recorded and then edited to fit the banter required, It's all an illusion and all geared to maximise revenue, My daughter has Capital on in the car on the way to school and it's genuinely like Groundhog Day. The same ads and the same "banter" at the same points in the journey. Dire stuff and definitely not entertaining, Someone somewhere is making a lot of money out of this sh^t

Glad to see you've not dissed the mighty Ken Bruce.Could have been a banning.

The only saving grace for Ken is Popmaster. Otherwise he believes he is Terry Wogan

Minus the wit.... and charm. He has no rapport with the people that call in

Edited by Parafox