Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Absolute Radio is good for music but the presenters are most soul-destroying dullards i've ever heard. I prefer zoning in and out of R1, whenever the inevitable shit songs come on I just put my headphones in lol

Christian o Connell & Geoff Lloyd are good, the rest I agree are very poor.

Frank Skinner on Saturday mornings is always good too.

Get the Tune In app and go to Triple J Australia   :)

edit Having said that, ive reduced my listening to JJJ, but i assume thats because i am getting old.

Edited by ozleicester

Get the Tune In app and go to Triple J Australia   :)

edit Having said that, ive reduced my listening to JJJ, but i assume thats because i am getting old.

I listened to tunein for about 15 mins once and it drained my data on my phone. I only really listen to it in the car so would need unlimited data for that, decent idea when I do though.

They played Selfie again today. And they're getting celebs in to do it, if Danny Dyer didn't sound so ridiculous and Scar Jo didn't sound so hot I think I'd kill myself.

Back on fvcking selfies actually. And by extension Radio 1. I don't mind some youngish people chatting shit between music but it's innane and annoying and cringey. It's like one massive parody with this Selfie song that I've just discovered the existence of at the centre.

I used to enjoy R1 and although I could just listen to something else it always feels familiar because It used to be good and what I listened to in the mornings. 90% of the music is pants as well, why do I listen to it?

How does normal radio work these days? Is there any decent national stations?

ScouseFox knows his onions.

6 music brothers, 6 music 

The only saving grace for Ken is Popmaster. Otherwise he believes he is Terry Wogan

Minus the wit.... and charm. He has no rapport with the people that call in

Agreed,probably me but I get the impression he could be a right mardy arse diva off air!

Is that DAB only? If not, what freq?

Regrettably, yes.

You can buy DAB tuners for cars now (if that's what you need) but if not factory fitted you have to have a special little aerial attached to your windscreen.  Well you did a few years ago, anyway, can anyone confirm?

I'm not even 30 yet and I've been on radio 4 for years. Commercial stations are all absolutely wank. You'd have to pay me to listen to that shit. "Welcome to the morning show with simmo and peachy, this morning I was in my kitchen and i realised my toaster is blue.... what colour is your toaster, give us a call on 0845...." SHUT THE **** UP YOU DUMBED DOWN PIECE OF ABSOLUTE ****ING SHIT.

Radio 1 is like campino bambino fm. Seriously I know we're all about minority representation these days but surely not every single dj needs to be gay and talk with a mincy voice?

Radio 2 is alright and I'll switch to it occasionally on the way home but I can't cope with chris evans on tye morning, his cheerfulness is unnatural at that time of day so I assume he's always heavily pepped up on drugs and alcohol.

• Like 3

I'm not even 30 yet and I've been on radio 4 for years. Commercial stations are all absolutely wank. You'd have to pay me to listen to that shit. "Welcome to the morning show with simmo and peachy, this morning I was in my kitchen and i realised my toaster is blue.... what colour is your toaster, give us a call on 0845...." SHUT THE **** UP YOU DUMBED DOWN PIECE OF ABSOLUTE ****ING SHIT.

Radio 1 is like campino bambino fm. Seriously I know we're all about minority representation these days but surely not every single dj needs to be gay and talk with a mincy voice?

Radio 2 is alright and I'll switch to it occasionally on the way home but I can't cope with chris evans on tye morning, his cheerfulness is unnatural at that time of day so I assume he's always heavily pepped up on drugs and alcohol.

I bet talksport is your favourite station :ph34r:

Not many. Capital is so repetitive and absolute shite, All other pop music stations are dull, with clone presenters It's becoming like TV where a saturation point is rapidly approaching. Radio lacks real personality presenters. R2 is barely acceptable these days, it's becoming a parody of itself. Jeremy Vine is unbearable, Steve Wright is a complete arse who believes he is a radio God. He's not. The best in my opinion is Simon Mayo. unassuming and genuine. Chris Evans? Now just a twat minus the alcohol.

Capital drives me mad. every week i take my daughter to dancing lesson and hear one of about 4 different songs they play. An hour later back in the car on the way home and the same song is played AGAIN. Happens all the time :mad:

Capital drives me mad. every week i take my daughter to dancing lesson and hear one of about 4 different songs they play. An hour later back in the car on the way home and the same song is played AGAIN. Happens all the time :mad:

My missus listens to Gem 106 all the time. Drives me f***ing mental - the music is theoretically more bearable than Capital but they also have a 4-song playlist, 3 turds from the 80's and whatever Bruno Mars' latest is. Proper wank. Mind you the overall choice of radio in this country (discounting internet radio) is dire, unless you love pop or classical.

I'm shocked, Moose, absolutely stunned! I'd assumed that you were a 50+ crusty old git like me, not another young fogey like MattP!  :whistle:

Next thing you'll be telling me that you don't live in the SE and you're not a middle manager in the insurance or real estate sectors.  :ph34r:

I completely agree with your response to the Smashy & Nicey Radio 1 DJs, though. As this sort of crap has been broadcast for years, presumably market research has told them that is what the listening public want?! Says a lot for Joe/Jo Public!

Listen to raDNO when it returns. The bloke who helped set it up does a jazz show on Tuesday nights. not my kind of stuff though. Way out weird jazz. He said that  considering noone had done radio before the ones wh presented raDNO did well.

If it starts again which we have had  a couple of options offered one will be on FM so the shows will have to be more structured.

With the ones you mention I would think that they use a set format which is easy to implement. Opening banter, music from a playlist, more banter, news more playlist, banter, sign  off. They do this day after day so is fairly easy to do. On our internet shows we sometimes did not know what was coming up which made it more fun but cannot be done if there is a set time limit and ads to be included.

UKIP sending ridiculous propaganda emails for votes - apparently we're going to see the arrival of 29m Romanians/Bulgarians (combined population 27m). Random, non-fact checked statistics that are completely wrong (unless we're going to have a Romanian zombie invasion) and just based off scare mongering about the EU. Great way to out yourselves as xenophobic morons rather than a valid political party...

It's a shame because the visa-free migration policy has a lot of drawbacks that are worth discussing. But they just come across as weirdly obsessed about Bulgarians when there are not even that many of them in the first place.

I'm shocked, Moose, absolutely stunned! I'd assumed that you were a 50+ crusty old git like me, not another young fogey like MattP! :whistle:

Next thing you'll be telling me that you don't live in the SE and you're not a middle manager in the insurance or real estate sectors. :ph34r:

I completely agree with your response to the Smashy & Nicey Radio 1 DJs, though. As this sort of crap has been broadcast for years, presumably market research has told them that is what the listening public want?! Says a lot for Joe/Jo Public!

You'll never believe it alf but I neither live in the SE nor have one of those cheesy semi professional jobs. Funny how you get perceived over the internet.

You'll never believe it alf but I neither live in the SE nor have one of those cheesy semi professional jobs. Funny how you get perceived over the internet.

lol  lol  lol  And this coming from Moosebreath lol  lol  lol

I've got a feeling that Rob Titchener is up to no good!Do enjoy some of the afternoon plays on 4.

It seems Moose that you are ashamed of your background and where you were brought up as a child so as a result try and disassociate yourself from your past and cling on to illusions of grandeur. In return you can look down on people and imagine that you have power over them and are more worthy as an individual in society.

Dr. Sigmund Freud.

lol

Maybe I'm gullible, but I believe most things that people tell me, unless given good reason to disbelieve.

Internet perceptions are strange. I probably imagined you being older as you write some longish posts, using proper sentences, though that is not exclusively a trait of the older poster. Imagining you as an insurance executive / estate agent in the SE was probably a false extrapolation from your politics. Henceforth, I shall visualise you as a 29-year-old junior partner in a firm of solicitors or accountants in Market Harborough (too upmarket?) or Hinckley (too downmarket?); probably an aspirant Tory councillor, too.

Living in Leicester, I often forget that Leicestershire (70% of the city aside) is largely a Conservative county. The other week, I ventured out as far as a pub in Knighton and could easily have been back in conservative rural Kent, where I grew up.

I've little idea what my internet image is; probably correctly identified as a wordy old bore, but misidentified as a teacher, trade union official or civil servant, I'd guess (in fact, I run a not-very-successful 1-person translation business from home, hence the daytime FT time-outs).

It could be a good little game to run as a thread, getting people to secretly reveal their true age, location, occupation etc, get people to guess and see how their perceptions differ from the reality.

Better do some work!