Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I literally just imagine everyone as their profile picture.

Fairly accurate in my case, too, just 44 years older!

I shall now see you as an LCFC v Palace (??) play-off match, Bovril, whereas I formerly saw you as a Bulgarian Baboushka in a flowery cardigan.

• Like 1

I consider bashing out lengthy diatribe on the Internet to be the pursuit of the young and the jobless, to be honest, Alf.

I used to get in to pages of heated debate when I was in my teens and earliest twenties. Kitchensink reminds me a bit of myself, if less eloquent. I imagine him to be in his late teens.

Now you're lucky to get more than two sentences out of me.

Fairly accurate in my case, too, just 44 years older!

I shall now see you as an LCFC v Palace (??) play-off match, Bovril, whereas I formerly saw you as a Bulgarian Baboushka in a flowery cardigan.

It's difficult to imagine you as the 1996 play off final (I think?) but somehow I manage it.

Christ knows what people think of mine

You silly buggers, I'm the one in row K just to the right of Super Stevie's head.

It seems Moose that you are ashamed of your background and where you were brought up as a child so as a result try and disassociate yourself from your past and cling on to illusions of grandeur. In return you can look down on people and imagine that you have power over them and are more worthy as an individual in society.

Dr. Sigmund Freud.

lol

What.

Living in Leicester, I often forget that Leicestershire (70% of the city aside) is largely a Conservative county. The other week, I ventured out as far as a pub in Knighton and could easily have been back in conservative rural Kent, where I grew up.

I do a fair bit of work in Knighton, I'd say it's mainly Guardian country.

I'm not even 30 yet and I've been on radio 4 for years. Commercial stations are all absolutely wank. You'd have to pay me to listen to that shit. "Welcome to the morning show with simmo and peachy, this morning I was in my kitchen and i realised my toaster is blue.... what colour is your toaster, give us a call on 0845...." SHUT THE **** UP YOU DUMBED DOWN PIECE OF ABSOLUTE ****ING SHIT.

Radio 1 is like campino bambino fm. Seriously I know we're all about minority representation these days but surely not every single dj needs to be gay and talk with a mincy voice?

Radio 2 is alright and I'll switch to it occasionally on the way home but I can't cope with chris evans on tye morning, his cheerfulness is unnatural at that time of day so I assume he's always heavily pepped up on drugs and alcohol.

Most of these radio shows are designed to stop people who should be adults from becoming adults. Had Radio 1 on in a taxi recently and they were having a junior school chat and then put on some song by Will I Am and I wanted to puke. I was in total shock but suddenly realised why some people are so stupid and easily led.

Most of these radio shows are designed to stop people who should be adults from becoming adults. Had Radio 1 on in a taxi recently and they were having a junior school chat and then put on some song by Will I Am and I wanted to puke. I was in total shock but suddenly realised why some people are so stupid and easily led.

Actually not far off agreeing with you there sir!

• Like 1

Listened to Radio One for years when all the original ex-pirate DJ's were on. Used to cause some irritation where I worked with the older lot. Radio 2 then was still playing crooners and 40's 50's stuff, all middle of the road easy listening stuff. I got fed up with R1 in the 90's but still did not convert to Two until I heard them play Led Zepilin. Don't listen to the radio much only match days/

I do a fair bit of work in Knighton, I'd say it's mainly Guardian country.

There'd be a fair number of Guardians in Clarendon Park (where I'm based) and Stoneygate, but I'd see Knighton as more Telegraph/Mail country, with some Guardians. The pub was the Cradock, so it may just have been the pub.

If you know that you're going to be over this way and not in a rush to get home at the end of the working day, PM me and I'll buy you a pint, if I can get away....Cradock or Clarendon (strange Guardian/Sun/Mercury mix in the Clarendon, I'd have thought).

p.s. Just looked up the last Knighton council election and it was almost a 50-50 Lab/Con split in voting, so looks like the truth lies somewhere between our respective impressions...

• Like 1

I consider bashing out lengthy diatribe on the Internet to be the pursuit of the young and the jobless, to be honest, Alf.

I used to get in to pages of heated debate when I was in my teens and earliest twenties. Kitchensink reminds me a bit of myself, if less eloquent. I imagine him to be in his late teens.

Now you're lucky to get more than two sentences out of me.

I think after a while, you've seen it all, you know all the arguments, and you realise that writing long posts on an internet forum really is pointless.

I can tell people's ages quite well if I read enough of their posts.

I used to work down the road from the Craddoct. Sometimes went in before stating for a drink (coke) It was the ex-college for girls.. Closed now i think permanent. It was run down and empty when I was there while it was decided what to do with it. Nobody wanted to buy it.

I used to work down the road from the Craddoct. Sometimes went in before stating for a drink (coke) It was the ex-college for girls.. Closed now i think permanent. It was run down and empty when I was there while it was decided what to do with it. Nobody wanted to buy it.

:blink: Well it was open and full of people when we went there about 4 weeks ago, Ken!

People who return found items to me (in my case, a pocket notebook I didn't even notice I had lost lol) and then are coward enough not to include their full name and address on the envelope.

How does that make them a coward :huh: Surely you'd be happy to get the stuff back?