Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I consider bashing out lengthy diatribe on the Internet to be the pursuit of the young and the jobless, to be honest, Alf.

I used to get in to pages of heated debate when I was in my teens and earliest twenties. Kitchensink reminds me a bit of myself, if less eloquent. I imagine him to be in his late teens.

Now you're lucky to get more than two sentences out of me.

Well, I'm neither young nor jobless, Finn, though I am spending too long gassing on here recently.

FoxesTalk serves as important "water cooler" time for me, as I work alone from home all day. I do a chunk of work, have a gab & it suits me nicely. I rarely feel "heated" but enjoy the cut and thrust of debate and humour, without deluding myself that I'm ever going to convert any Tories...though who knows who else might be reading (probably nobody, but you never know - maybe you should reconsider your decision to opt for silent early middle-age decadence?!  :ph34r: ).

You're obviously an intelligent bloke and seem superficially self-confident, but...."in every dream home, a heartache". Behind the mask, are you secretly "lost in the supermarket", Finn? 10 years down the line, you may find yourself on a golf course in Surrey, with a beautiful wife and a beautiful pair of orange Chinos (©Moosebreath), and you may ask yourself: "Am I right? Am I wrong?" and you may say to yourself: "My God! What have I done?!" (apologies for the ancient musical references!  lol )

• Like 1

I think I debate more now I am older than when I was young. I never thought much about anything but my lifestyle and just got on with things. As I have grown older I have senn and experienced things and grown disillusioned with those in power.

It happens to us all.

Guest MattP

Knighton full of Conservatives? lol Maybe a few of the so called "modern tories" but not real Conservatives.

What really grinds my gears? Poor hygiene. If you order a bacon cob from someone I don't expect to see them go and fill up a shelf, wipe their hands on their trousers, handle notes and then pick up the cob with their bare hands.

Just looked at him with disgust and he ddin't seem to see the problem, couldn't eat it so I gave it to a homeless bloke.

Edited by MattP

Knighton full of Conservatives? lol Maybe a few of the so called "modern tories" but not real Conservatives.

What really grinds my gears? Poor hygiene. If you order a bacon cob from someone I don't expect to see them go and fill up a shelf, wipe their hands on their trousers, handle notes and then pick up the cob with their bare hands.

Just looked at him with disgust and he ddin't seem to see the problem, couldn't eat it so I gave it to a homeless bloke.

I was in a coffee shop today and saw the girl behind the counter putting some of those plastic 'food' gloves on.

Great. Right up to the point where she fumbled, dropped the glove on the floor, then put the damn thing on and asked me what I wanted.

A new glove please came the reply and it was ME who got the shitty look!

Well, I'm neither young nor jobless, Finn, though I am spending too long gassing on here recently.

FoxesTalk serves as important "water cooler" time for me, as I work alone from home all day. I do a chunk of work, have a gab & it suits me nicely.

Could be me talking, Alf!

Guest MattP

If he dies of food poisoning some will say it was his own fault.

Well of course it would be, if you take something from a stranger and eat it not knowing where they got it who elses fault is it?

I was in a coffee shop today and saw the girl behind the counter putting some of those plastic 'food' gloves on.

Great. Right up to the point where she fumbled, dropped the glove on the floor, then put the damn thing on and asked me what I wanted.

A new glove please came the reply and it was ME who got the shitty look!

Its worrying that it seems to be on the increase.

I was given a dirty glass in a pub last weekend when I asked for a new one they looked at me like I was the weird one.

Edited by MattP

Takes a lot to annoy me but seen something on FB which really pissed me off...

Basically an article on a protest against non disabled drivers using disabled car park users turned into a 'what about able bodied people using mother and baby spaces' or the worst 'what about a protest against disabled people using mother and baby spaces'?

Fvck me, you chose to have a child, they didnt choose to be disabled....

I would rant more on this but I'm on my phone.