Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Arriva buses are ****ing wank

Just wait until you buy an e-ticket on their app. It's a hoot. Especially when it decides to "update" just as the bus rolls around the corner. If that makes you chuckle, you will piss yourself when you realise your stuck with it for at least a month.

I don't think I'd even notice if Oscar Pistorius walked past me in the street. 1 of the most famous athletes in the world lol

If you don't know who he is, then you probably only know Bolt and a few British athletes, and don't really follow the sport, or you just being contrary for the sack of it.

If you don't know who he is, then you probably only know Bolt and a few British athletes, and don't really follow the sport, or you just being contrary for the sack of it.

It's hard not to know who he is with this murder trial but let's not act like he was a well known household name or face before this. He was a nobody to the average person.

It's hard not to know who he is with this murder trial but let's not act like he was a well known household name or face before this. He was a nobody to the average person.

Possibly to the average person as athletics is a reasonably minority sport in the sense of being regularly followed outside of a Games.

To those that follow athletics he was a household name, though. Largely because of his legs, not his gun crime.

Just wait until you buy an e-ticket on their app. It's a hoot. Especially when it decides to "update" just as the bus rolls around the corner. If that makes you chuckle, you will piss yourself when you realise your stuck with it for at least a month.

Karmad a bitch - the bus stop is a 30 second walk from the corner of my road. I'm two minutes early at the corner just as the bus goes by.

Cheers.

Just saw that Esthey McVey an unemployment minister has said that anyone recently becoming unemployed will be treated as scroungers, This includes the long time employed being made redundant. They will have to produce CV's and job search before they claim JSA. According to government own figures 75% of job seekers find work within six months. They also have to show they have signed up for the Universal Job search which has been proven to be a disaster.

Words fail me as to what I think of this but no doubt there will be those who will think it is the best idea since sliced bread. mainly those in secure jobs.

Move to another thread if inappropriate here. I am about to go out and never wanted to start a new one.

Edited by Rincewind

Guest MattP

Just saw that Esthey McVey an unemployment minister has said that anyone recently becoming unemployed will be treated as scroungers, This includes the long time employed being made redundant. They will have to produce CV's and job search before they claim JSA. This is despite the majority of job seekers finding work within six months. They also have to show they have signed up for the Universal Job search which has proven to be a disaster.

Words fail me as to what I think of this but no doubt there will be those who will think it is the best idea since sliced bread. mainly those in secure jobs.

Move to another thread if inappropriate here. I am about to go out and never wanted to start a new one.

Was that McVeys actual wording? lol

About bloody time as well.

It's absolutely obscene some people can claim to be seeking work when they haven't even produced a CV. What kind of a person thinks someone should be entitled to job seekers allowance if they aren't seeking a job?

Bad news for those who think they have a right to get pissed everyday at the taxpayers expense.

Ken can I do a piece on Job seekers for your paper free speech news?

Just saw that Esthey McVey an unemployment minister has said that anyone recently becoming unemployed will be treated as scroungers, This includes the long time employed being made redundant. They will have to produce CV's and job search before they claim JSA. This is despite the majority of job seekers finding work within six months. They also have to show they have signed up for the Universal Job search which has proven to be a disaster.

She's kinda hot though don't you think?.....

Sounds reasonable to me. Take your CV, and probably a letter from your last employer, to show that you are a qualified, good employee and therefore deserve to be supported until you get your next gig, because you can prove you are looking. And you will get a new job in the next six months.

If I lost my job, why would I be annoyed about taking my CV and job search? I have an up to date CV and I will have been looking for work. Seems like the minimum to me.

Guest MattP

What a society we have become when some people think it's cruel to make sure jobseekers have a CV and they will actually have to search for work lol

We have a universal job search which has "proven to be a disaster" despite having more people now employed than at anytime in the countries history and unemployment falling at a rapid rate and most people using it (and I again quote from Ken) find work within six months.

The organisations peddling this sort of stuff are a huge danger to society, the entitlement culture is so out of control with some folk it's not even funny anymore.

Edited by MattP

Horses

This isn't medieval Britain & horses are no longer a means of transport.  They should not be on the roads.  Why take them out of a perfectly good field & take them onto a busy road, shitting everywhere, getting in everyone's way & generally being a nuisance to people who actually have places to go.

And why is it that only women ride horses on the road?  Washing machine not doing it for you anymore?

Horses should be running around Newmarket, in a can of pedigree chum or pulling a cockney's coffin.

• Like 4

I can't believe that isn't the case already. Its surely standard to do that.

I'm in a secure job but I update my CV and search for jobs quite regular anyway.

Oh Ken.  Why do you do this to yourself?   Those who would have found work quickly will have done this anyway becuase that is what any sensible person does.  Those who wouldnt have found work quickly are being encouraged as early as possible to sort themselves out, thus increases their chances of a rapid return to employment.  Did you think this rant through at all?

• Like 1

I'm all for criticising the job centre, IDS, & the government in general when it comes to getting people back into work.......but I fail to see what is wrong with anything that you have highlighted there.

Isn't a CV, joining Universal Job Search already a requirement?  As far as I'm aware, it is.

There's still very little actual help coming from the Job Centre & it's largely down to the individual to find themself work.  This is fine for the majority, but some people might need some support when there appears to be none.

It still doesn't stop the work-shy from knocking up a CV, applying for a few jobs they know they won't get & carrying on as they always have.

Guest MattP

Oh Ken. Why do you do this to yourself, did you think this rant through at all?

It's a classic Kentribution to be fair.

All the ingredients were there, DNO meet Wednesday morning, a few ranting layabouts no doubt then a few pints after and a Tory on the tele in weatherspoons.

Throw in an Ipad and Bob's your uncle.

Edited by MattP