Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Teenage age girls who call people from TOWIE role models and idols.

Yes! Totally agree.

I don't watch much tv as I don't rate it, but I honestly hate those programmes. My housemates watch shite like that (just me and another one of us that doesn't). Now there's a new one called "The Valleys" (something like that). It is the worst, most scripted, shite I've seen and hearing their voices wants me to smash the television. Got faces you want to punch.

Nowadays it seems like it's more "cool" to be unintelligent and basically a ****.

(I know that maybe over the top but I do feel strongly about this).

Edited by Fox92

Just wait until you buy an e-ticket on their app. It's a hoot. Especially when it decides to "update" just as the bus rolls around the corner. If that makes you chuckle, you will piss yourself when you realise your stuck with it for at least a month.

Aye I bought a monthly m ticket, waited this morning, it was late so was like **** this. I paid to go on a Stagecoach, as I got on and paid the Arriva bus ****ing showed up lol

Horses

This isn't medieval Britain & horses are no longer a means of transport.  They should not be on the roads.  Why take them out of a perfectly good field & take them onto a busy road, shitting everywhere, getting in everyone's way & generally being a nuisance to people who actually have places to go.

And why is it that only women ride horses on the road?  Washing machine not doing it for you anymore?

Horses should be running around Newmarket, in a can of pedigree chum or pulling a cockney's coffin.

lol

+1 for your avatar as well.

Horses

This isn't medieval Britain & horses are no longer a means of transport.  They should not be on the roads.  Why take them out of a perfectly good field & take them onto a busy road, shitting everywhere, getting in everyone's way & generally being a nuisance to people who actually have places to go.

And why is it that only women ride horses on the road?  Washing machine not doing it for you anymore?

Horses should be running around Newmarket, in a can of pedigree chum or pulling a cockney's coffin.

I cannot say I totally agree with but if you are going to ride on the Public Highways then at least follow the rules of the road. :rolleyes: You cannot complain if someone (i.e. me) comes round a blind corner of a one way street and is confronted by four horses coming in the opposite, wrong, direction. :mad::dry:

Was that McVeys actual wording? lol

About bloody time as well.

It's absolutely obscene some people can claim to be seeking work when they haven't even produced a CV. What kind of a person thinks someone should be entitled to job seekers allowance if they aren't seeking a job?

Bad news for those who think they have a right to get pissed everyday at the taxpayers expense.

Ken can I do a piece on Job seekers for your paper free speech news?

I had to sign on for a few months about 5 or 6 years ago and I ****ing hated every second of it. Honestly, 95% of the people I saw at the job centre were absolute wasters who clearly had no intention of getting or even looking for a job. You'd see them roll in with their jobseekers book, some of them half pissed already, filling in all their employment search checklist with all the jobs they'd 'applied' for that week (i.e just making a load of random shit up) before ****ing off to the nearest cornershop for a tin of Special Brew. There were a fair few people at the job centre who you knew were genuinely looking for work - they'd obviously fallen on tough times, or been victims of cutbacks like myself, but they were few and far between and, more importantly, they were never there for too long because they couldn't stand the place either and that's a big motivator when you're looking for work. I took a pub job on minimum wage for about a year, just to get away from the wretched place.

I'm a big, big supporter of the benefits system and I think it's fantastic that as a country we have a safety net for the people who need it, but the way our governments have allowed this system to be abused in recent years is disgusting. It's now a crutch for those who want something for nothing. Don't want to work? Well sign on then. Want a bit more cash? Pop out a few more kids. Benefits are a privilege, not a right - they should be a last resort, not an alternative to work.

• Like 1

Horses

You will hate Newmarket,I've got to go later and horses have the right of way if they want to cross the road,and there are loads of them ,and as they are race horses they are a bit loopy and want to run sideways like a fooking crab towards your car.
  • Like 1

The wife has had redundancy hanging over her head for a while for a major bank in the business sector. CV done,4 interviews internally already after finding out definite answers last week and also training for the marathon this Sunday,still working full time fetching and carrying kids about,and these job applications are not just" I would like to apply for the role of" YOU have to make things happen.

Edited by cambridgefox

The wife has had redundancy hanging over her head for a while for a major bank in the business sector. CV done,4 interviews internally and externally already after finding out definite answers last week and also training for the marathon this Sunday,still working full time fetching and carrying kids about,and these job applications are not just" I would like to apply for the role of" YOU have to make things happen.

That is completely different to be suddenly given short notice in a job where 50+ plus applicants are after the same job. But I have said enough. Let the subject rest now.

Guest MattP

The wife has had redundancy hanging over her head for a while for a major bank in the business sector. CV done,4 interviews internally and externally already after finding out definite answers last week and also training for the marathon this Sunday,still working full time fetching and carrying kids about,and these job applications are not just" I would like to apply for the role of" YOU have to make things happen.

Someone with that get up and go will have absolutely no problem getting a new job.

With desire like that in today's job market companies will be fighting for her rather than the other way around.

That is completely different to be suddenly given short notice in a job where 50+ plus applicants are after the same job. But I have said enough. Let the subject rest now.

1500 country wide,couple of 100 in our region.The sector will be saturated.However she does have a nice redundancy to fall back on.

Someone with that get up and go will have absolutely no problem getting a new job.

With desire like that in today's job market companies will be fighting for her rather than the other way around.

Cheers,I think so also.

Good luck to her. My brother has worked for Brush in Loughboro for over the last 30 years or so. He works with minute parts with some for the airline industry. Anyway the last few years he has had a lot of time off due to illness. He now has to carry an oxygen cylinder on his back. Brush have created an office job for him as he unable to work on the machines. He now goes through old paper files with drawings and transfers them to computer files. This involves work which is normally done by draftsmen which he has no qualifications. If it was not for the fact that he had been with the company for so many years and was good at his job he would find himself out of work. Even with his experience as an electrician it is doubtful any company would want to risk taking someone on with the health issues that he has and could go on the sick several times in the year.

My point was that the small percentage that play the system will still do so while the vast majority that want to return to work will be targeted. Many will not have been to an interview for years and will be pursuing jobs many others want.

Guest MattP

Good luck to her. My brother has worked for Brush in Loughboro for over the last 30 years or so. He works with minute parts with some for the airline industry. Anyway the last few years he has had a lot of time off due to illness. He now has to carry an oxygen cylinder on his back. Brush have created an office job for him as he unable to work on the machines. He now goes through old paper files with drawings and transfers them to computer files. This involves work which is normally done by draftsmen which he has no qualifications. If it was not for the fact that he had been with the company for so many years and was good at his job he would find himself out of work. Even with his experience as an electrician it is doubtful any company would want to risk taking someone on with the health issues that he has and could go on the sick several times in the year.

My point was that the small percentage that play the system will still do so while the vast majority that want to return to work will be targeted. Many will not have been to an interview for years and will be pursuing jobs many others want.

If you think that was your point you need to re read what you wrote, you said words failed you that people would have to prove they were looking for work and to have a CV to claim jobseekers. Something 99.9% of the population actually see as completely normal.

Your brother sounds like the sort of guy who would find work even if you think he would be tossed on the scrapheap.

The fact some people haven't been to a job interview in years says a lot about the way the job centre works, although I imagine you will still find a series of excuses for people who have been given numerous interview opportunities but just decided not to bother.

Teenage age girls who call people from TOWIE role models and idols.

Anyone who refers to anyone in that crock of shite as a 'star'

'Reality' TV in general although I've probably put that in here 4 times now. Then again that probably isn't enough. It is that bad.

Horses

I cycle down Kensington High Street on the way to work and the amount of horse shit on the roads there is phenomenal. The thing that gets me is that, apart from Hyde Park (obviously), the other roads around the area seem clear. Are people shipping in horses and taking them for a bit of a walk and a crap down Kensington High Street before packing them up again? Kensington doesn't strike me as the kind of place where they'll be bringing police horses in to keep the peace.

I cycle down Kensington High Street on the way to work and the amount of horse shit on the roads there is phenomenal. The thing that gets me is that, apart from Hyde Park (obviously), the other roads around the area seem clear. Are people shipping in horses and taking them for a bit of a walk and a crap down Kensington High Street before packing them up again? Kensington doesn't strike me as the kind of place where they'll be bringing police horses in to keep the peace.

It really ****s me off that horses can shit wherever they like, but if I take my dog for a walk I have to pick up after it. It's not that I mind doing it - I hate seeing dog shit everywhere - but when you see a big steaming pile of horse shit in the road, you just think 'what the ****?'

• Like 2