Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Do you believe everything the government and right wing press say?

The source has been taken from the DWP themselves. Here is another link to the news. It is because the move to Universal Credit.

http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/dwp-housing-benefit-will-be-sanctioned/7002330.article

However, the Department for Work and Pensions has confirmed to Inside Housing that under the government’s flagship welfare reform, where a tenant is working less than 35 hours a week at minimum wage and is not eligible for JSA or ESA, the housing element can be sanctioned instead.

Edited by Rincewind

Guest MattP

The link have have given there doesn't say what you have written underneath.

From the actual link.

Part-time workers judged to be doing too little to find full-time work face having their benefit for housing costs sanctioned by the government for the first time under universal credit.

Again, I don't have a problem with that.

People who are actually proud of being scum.

A girl on my facebook wall, she genuinely is. A few weeks ago letting everyone know her street looked like James Turner Street and she was posing as "white d", now she is boasting today that her eldest daughter (about 12) has just had her first "nick" for stealing from Tescos.

This.

Gypos are the worst for it. Literally nothing to be proud of.

Edited by RonnieTodger

Shop workers, cleaners, mothers with school age children? who is going to pay for child care? What about companies that only employ part time workers> Agencies? Zero contract hours?

If a firm cut your hours are you supposed to change jobs?

Edited by Rincewind

Guest MattP

Shop workers, cleaners, mothers with school age children? who is going to pay for child care? What about companies that only employ part time workers> Agencies? Zero contract hours?

If a firm cut your hours are you supposed to change jobs?

What has that got to do with anything you have put?

It says part time workers who arent doing enough to find full time work would be sanctioned. Are you suggesting that the taxpayer should pick up the tab for people who choose to live in housing that requires a full time wage but then all of a sudden they decide they want to go part time?

Edited by MattP

More power to employers. Less regulations is why the private sector thrives.

Repped. However my pedantic side needs to point out that it is "fewer" not "less"

Use fewer if you’re referring to people or things in the plural (e.g. houses, newspapers, dogs, students, children). For example:

People these days are buying fewer newspapers.

The population are having fewer children.

"less" would have been correct had the second word been "regulation" singular.

That's why the signs on the superamarket fast lanes stating: "6 items or less" GRINDS MY GEARS!

Edited by Parafox

Guest MattP

Anyone who goes into a pub orders 6 lagers and then asks for a Guiness, wankers the lot of them. 

Add to that anyone who goes into a pub and orders 4 coffees as well, they should fcuk off to cost rather than force me to wait ten minutes for a beer.

Add to that anyone who goes into a pub and orders 4 coffees as well, they should fcuk off to cost rather than force me to wait ten minutes for a beer.

I think this has been mentioned before but people who buy fuel at a gas station with a supermarket then go off and do their weekly fvcking shopping meaning that pump can't be used until they've paid.

Inconsiderate knobs.

Sorry if anyone on here does that. Please stop it.

I don't expect people to let you go in front of them in supermarket queues but people don't even have a look, if I'm buying a drink or something and you're doing your weekly shop why not just let me go in front?

I don't expect people to let you go in front of them in supermarket queues but people don't even have a look, if I'm buying a drink or something and you're doing your weekly shop why not just let me go in front?

I'll see that and raise you this.

I got denied access to a free cashier spot because a staff member was holding for someone who had been queueing at the other end of the store. Wtf. I got told to go elsewhere. When I complained I was told it was because they had been queueing longer. So what. Just because I can spot an open lane I have to suffer?

I'll see that and raise you this.

I got denied access to a free cashier spot because a staff member was holding for someone who had been queueing at the other end of the store. Wtf. I got told to go elsewhere. When I complained I was told it was because they had been queueing longer. So what. Just because I can spot an open lane I have to suffer?

I've seen this happen and the explanation I overheard was it was store policy in order to reduce queue sizes.

Seems that people walking into a supermarket and seeing long queues leave the store.

This.

Also people who stand in the middle of the aisle having a natter with their mate they've just seen. **** OFF!!

I've seen this happen and the explanation I overheard was it was store policy in order to reduce queue sizes.

Seems that people walking into a supermarket and seeing long queues leave the store.

i dont mind waiting a short time, move someone else, it looks like they employ 5-6 people purely to annoy customers with this shit

This.

Also people who stand in the middle of the aisle having a natter with their mate they've just seen. **** OFF!!

Again, this! 

The amount of times I've needed to get past people just to get a product.

That happened to me on Saturday morning in the Highcross. Waiting for about 10 minutes whilst some bint in front of me was faffing around ordering 3 latte's.

Who drinks coffee in the Highcross anyway, of all the places to go for a coffee on a Saturday morning why would 3 women choose there.

Kids getting dropped off at school during rush hour!

I've probably said it in this thread before but the majority of parents who drop their kids off at school often do so in such a dangerous fashion.  The roads have been amazing this week with the kids being off school! No dodging doors opening into the middle of the road, cars stopping where they shouldn't, no guessing what a car is doing because they can't use an indicator or trying to pull out in front of me without looking! 

And that's just the parents and their driving! Don't get me started on the kids themselves!