Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Women.

Every month they go through this little period where they're abject arseholes and I've no idea why whatsoever.

No, you've got it back to front: once a month, all of us men inexplicably turn into arseholes, responsible for everything that's wrong with the world.

At least, that's what Mrs. Buce says...

Did you complain in writing?

Yes I did. Twice in the post. Not even an acknowledgment. This is no surprise as their paperwork etc is a joke.

I know you asked the question expecting me to say no, but probably like you I believe that the problems need to be highlighted in order that they may be addressed. Sadly the systems, processes etc are so royally screwed that even dealing with a complaint is beyond them.

My friend who was in at the same time as us actually had to give us some spare sheets and pillows they found in their room since our room we put in (and forgotten about for hours then asked what we were doing in there) had no sheets or pillows or anything. We knew from that point it was going to be ridiculous. It didn't get better.

http://www.nhs.uk/

This website gives all the info on the complaints procedure including the patient advisory liaison service( PALS).

I have been through the process with them and they were good.

If all else fails you can contact the parliamentary health service ombudsman.

I am surprised that someone of your tenacity let it go.

3 kids, demanding job, elected position within my chartered industry institute body, trustee of a charity, committee member of cricket club... and a dislike of wasting my time are the reasons.

I could go through that process and probably should have done, but amongst other things, my wife persuaded me to drop it.

How the media are trying to force Women's football upon everybody. Technically it isn't very good as it's mostly hoof ball and the pace of the game is infuriatingly slow.

Yes. It's absolutely dreadful by any measure.

It also annoys me that some of these women are now professional.

Men footballers are professional because the vast numbers of people that want to watch them make it economically viable.

Nobody at all wants to watch womens football. Women who like watching football like watching the men's game.

Women's football exists purely the satisfy a tiny, militant minority.

Don't worry - it's completely economically unsustainable for organisations to keep pumping money into subsidising this shit.

Edited by BornBlue

Don't worry - it's completely economically unsustainable for organisations to keep pumping money into subsidising this shit.

But it will be coming out of the FA's pockets I bet, and will just continue as another cost for the FA to pay.

If they used smaller pitches and smaller goals it could be ok. They could play as an undercard to men's matches perhaps.

Trouble is, if you start that malarky, next thing you know they'll be wanting the vote... :rolleyes:

People not looking when they turn... Driving this morning, a woman just pulls out without even looking right (where I was coming from) and cuts across me. Literally nearly hit her. She was smoking as well which was no surprise. 

People not looking when they turn... Driving this morning, a woman just pulls out without even looking right (where I was coming from) and cuts across me. Literally nearly hit her. She was smoking as well which was no surprise. 

Nearly had a similar scenario. I'm on the main road and I hate when people think they can just start to pull out from a side-road in the hope I'll stop and let them go. Excuse me - I have the right of way and given how close I was getting to the junction, there was no room for you to pull out! Just have a bit of patience, especially when your children are in the car!

I'm struggling to understand the relevance of this.

Probably because it's difficult to drive whilst holding a cigarette/cigar in your hand.

But the complaint was that she wasn't looking, not that she wasn't in control of the vehicle.

I'm not trying to defend her, or be argumentative; it was a genuine question.