Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The standard of driving in general is appalling. Far too many new measures on the roads penalise the majority for the minority's faults.

I was impressed to read not far off a full page slating reality TV. Excellent. The entire 'thing' (can't think of a better word) is shambolic, depressing and a horrible reflection on society.

• Like 1

The standard of driving in general is appalling. Far too many new measures on the roads penalise the majority for the minority's faults.

I was impressed to read not far off a full page slating reality TV. Excellent. The entire 'thing' (can't think of a better word) is shambolic, depressing and a horrible reflection on society.

Driving still better in the UK than 90% of the rest of the World.

Guest MattP

Or maybe it exists because there are lots of women who want to play football? :unsure:

Very true.

It's carried on mainstream television channels to satisfy a tiny, militant minority.

If they used smaller pitches and smaller goals it could be ok. They could play as an undercard to men's matches perhaps.

They have tried this with cricket and it doesn't work, free entry, smaller boundaries, smaller ball, before the match but still no one turns up to watch it, why would you? You go to watch the best of the best, not the best of a certain gender.

Edited by MattP

Guest MattP

How is driving in Bulgaria? I'm thinking of hiring a car on holiday over there but have read mixed reports.

Sofia than here.

They have tried this with cricket and it doesn't work, free entry, smaller boundaries, smaller ball, before the match but still no one turns up to watch it, why would you? You go to watch the best of the best, not the best of a certain gender.

That's probably true. It would still make the games better in my opinion. I might be tempted to watch the odd game at a tournament, obviously it wouldn't ever get the same following as the men's game.

How is driving in Bulgaria? I'm thinking of hiring a car on holiday over there but have read mixed reports.

Sofia is pretty mad but nobody is moving very fast so the chances of injuring yourself are small. In the country it's fine if you're on a reasonably big road, there are quite a few winding little mountain passes that are quite hair-raising.

Worst place I've ever driven in would be Palermo. Utter utter chaos.

Where are you going?

Sofia is pretty mad but nobody is moving very fast so the chances of injuring yourself are small. In the country it's fine if you're on a reasonably big road, there are quite a few winding little mountain passes that are quite hair-raising.

Worst place I've ever driven in would be Palermo. Utter utter chaos.

Where are you going?

Sofia and Sunny Beach.

The infamous Sunny Beach... lol

Gissa bell when you're in Sofia, it's a nice place in the summer when all the locals have pissed off.

I liked it there. If you're in bed before midnight you probably won't see any trouble. The foods a bit bland (although very cheap) so take a bottle of sauce with you.

I liked it there. If you're in bed before midnight you probably won't see any trouble. The foods a bit bland (although very cheap) so take a bottle of sauce with you.

The last person who went to Sunny Beach and went to bed before midnight was Michael Shields.

Talking of bad driving and getting distracted.

Just wow at some of these. I'd love to say that these are the only people who do this kind of thing, but we all know I'd be lying.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-27196621

6c1b6ef1-cb9f-4215-9fa2-b72f7ba7114b_zps

A knife with a 6" blade is a little knife.

I keep a billhook (identical to the one above) under the drivers seat.

• Like 1

Or maybe it exists because there are lots of women who want to play football? :unsure:

If they want to play it, they can play it.

By redacting my quote, you've been a bit obtuse. Clearly I'm talking about it existing as a commercial entity.

If people want to have conker fights, they're free to do so. But they wouldn't expect it to be a spectator sport.

Edited by BornBlue

People not looking when they turn... Driving this morning, a woman just pulls out without even looking right (where I was coming from) and cuts across me. Literally nearly hit her. She was smoking as well which was no surprise.

That's what brakes were invented for....us smokers ;)

Sorry for the late reply.

You're absolutely spot on. No one believes me when I tell them the story of my wife going in to have our twins (she was to be induced).

I can't actually bear to type it out since nearly a year on, it still makes me incredibly angry as opposed to incredulous/amused which is the response for most people.

Suffice to say at a staffing level, an operational level (ie process) and an information level (ie the right arm knowing what the left arm is doing), it is hugely, hugely inadequate and needs a major overhaul. I believe its down to two things: 1) Systems and processes. 2) People. Neither are good enough (generally).

Thank heavens both twins arrived safely, but not before my wife and I had witnessed a stand up row between two consultants, more concerned with their own egos than delivering the babies safely at that time. If things had turned out differently, I'd be out for blood.

After the past couple of weeks I'd believe anything I heard. I also witnessed a row between staff like you did! Another time though I heard one nurse being an idiot regarding a patient and another nurse told her straight that that kind of behaviour wasn't acceptable, which was nice.

Most of the nurses were fine overall but I'm still appalled/shocked by quite a few incidents involving various staff and patients. Some of the conversations I heard between old age patients and nurses are quite unbelievable. I made a complaint on a ward in a normal manner and all of a sudden was surrounded by staff saying things like "what's going on here" and backing eachother up. They were like a pack of wolves!

If you don't complain directly, nothing will change. Which hospital was it?

So, hopefully you will be documenting this to the relevant authorities?

An in-law who was present on the first few days is doing some complaining. I don't really want to name the hospital yet as one of my relatives is still in there, although one was released yesterday.

Sorry for the late reply.

After the past couple of weeks I'd believe anything I heard. I also witnessed a row between staff like you did! Another time though I heard one nurse being an idiot regarding a patient and another nurse told her straight that that kind of behaviour wasn't acceptable, which was nice.

Most of the nurses were fine overall but I'm still appalled/shocked by quite a few incidents involving various staff and patients. Some of the conversations I heard between old age patients and nurses are quite unbelievable. I made a complaint on a ward in a normal manner and all of a sudden was surrounded by staff saying things like "what's going on here" and backing eachother up. They were like a pack of wolves!

An in-law who was present on the first few days is doing some complaining. I don't really want to name the hospital yet as one of my relatives is still in there, although one was released yesterday.

Get in touch with the Director of Nursing's office or the Medical Director's office, then you'll see things moving swiftly along.