Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Guest MattP

I said proper job, not a self employed con artist playboy. :whistle:

(I'm so jealous.)

I sent a load of CV's out last month fella so no need for jealousy, the gambling advertising game as a living income is up for me. I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. :nigel:

A "ya mam" joke? Really? I think I'm more offended that you'd think I'm that sensitive!

lol

lol It was more that I felt 'iffy' about posting it than anything else, it was the lefty liberal taking over. lol

Or maybe it wasn't very funny. :(

****ing life in general...

I don't want to kick off too much but I need to rant. I'm ****ing fed up with my life, I work way too hard and devote around 10 hours of unpaid time to my job just because I somehow "enjoy" it and I'm tied down to the extremely w4nkey bus service that is served up to us, honestly they just turn up when they like so far away from the stated times that I'm unsure if the 1st bus is ridiculously late or the 2nd one is ridiculously early.

I live alone in a flat that amounts to little more than a prison cell and once the fvcking bills have gone out I have to scrimp by every month - I can never get ahead - if I found just £500 in the street it would make such a difference you wouldn't believe it.

People say "yeah but your on the property ladder now" so what? I wish I had stayed at home with the old dear, at least I could afford to do more than sit looking at my blank walls.

My social life amounts to going to the football (the ST is my one luxury but even that's looking difficult for next season) so now the seasons over I've literally got NOTHING to do through the summer apart from watch England labour through a World Cup with matches starting a silly o clock - can't wait for the 5am starts after those games.

I know these are not new problems, everyone has them, and I've ranted similar to this before but it's doing my head in - I see people my age (mid-20's) getting paid shit loads more than me for less responsibility and have a much better quality if life - god knows how they afford it.

Is it jealousy? Damn straight it is.

Fvck off world - the next person who stops me in the street asking for charity is getting punched to the ground and then killed to death.

I don't want to kick off too much but I need to rant. I'm ****ing fed up with my life, I work way too hard and devote around 10 hours of unpaid time to my job just because I somehow "enjoy" it and I'm tied down to the extremely w4nkey bus service that is served up to us, honestly they just turn up when they like so far away from the stated times that I'm unsure if the 1st bus is ridiculously late or the 2nd one is ridiculously early.

I live alone in a flat that amounts to little more than a prison cell and once the fvcking bills have gone out I have to scrimp by every month - I can never get ahead - if I found just £500 in the street it would make such a difference you wouldn't believe it.

People say "yeah but your on the property ladder now" so what? I wish I had stayed at home with the old dear, at least I could afford to do more than sit looking at my blank walls.

My social life amounts to going to the football (the ST is my one luxury but even that's looking difficult for next season) so now the seasons over I've literally got NOTHING to do through the summer apart from watch England labour through a World Cup with matches starting a silly o clock - can't wait for the 5am starts after those games.

I know these are not new problems, everyone has them, and I've ranted similar to this before but it's doing my head in - I see people my age (mid-20's) getting paid shit loads more than me for less responsibility and have a much better quality if life - god knows how they afford it.

Fvck off world - the next person who stops me in the street asking for charity is getting punched to the ground and then killed to death.

I've been feeling something similar only with the added frustrations of working for a bureaucratic nightmare. 

But - and I'm not meaning to piss on your bonfire (any more than my own) - a colleague of ours has recently been diagnosed with terminal cancer and given a few weeks to live.

I know it's staggeringly cliché and comes across as dismissive of other problems but actually it really does put your own complaints in to perspective.

You have my sympathies, though.

Know what you mean mate, I'm similar. I'm 30, have a flat, work hard for minimal reward etc etc. But like Finnegan said, there's worse off than us, much worse off. And also you're the only one who can change things, (cliche I know). For me, I'm pretty unfit. I've kind of figured that's what I can change, so rather than sitting on my arse watching the Simpsons every night at 6 after work, I'm going for a run. Slowly building up to longer runs, but eventually I'll lose the gut, I'll feel better, I'll be more attractive to the girls I want to be with and hopefully all in all I'll be happier. So whatever it is for you, be it a new job, a new hobby, getting fit, whatever, just do it.