Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

****ing life in general...

I don't want to kick off too much but I need to rant. I'm ****ing fed up with my life, I work way too hard and devote around 10 hours of unpaid time to my job just because I somehow "enjoy" it and I'm tied down to the extremely w4nkey bus service that is served up to us, honestly they just turn up when they like so far away from the stated times that I'm unsure if the 1st bus is ridiculously late or the 2nd one is ridiculously early.

I live alone in a flat that amounts to little more than a prison cell and once the fvcking bills have gone out I have to scrimp by every month - I can never get ahead - if I found just £500 in the street it would make such a difference you wouldn't believe it.

People say "yeah but your on the property ladder now" so what? I wish I had stayed at home with the old dear, at least I could afford to do more than sit looking at my blank walls.

My social life amounts to going to the football (the ST is my one luxury but even that's looking difficult for next season) so now the seasons over I've literally got NOTHING to do through the summer apart from watch England labour through a World Cup with matches starting a silly o clock - can't wait for the 5am starts after those games.

I know these are not new problems, everyone has them, and I've ranted similar to this before but it's doing my head in - I see people my age (mid-20's) getting paid shit loads more than me for less responsibility and have a much better quality if life - god knows how they afford it.

Is it jealousy? Damn straight it is.

Fvck off world - the next person who stops me in the street asking for charity is getting punched to the ground and then killed to death.

Any family or friends nearby?  For me that's everything, anything else is secondary.  I felt a bit of a hermit when I started to work from home so I started going to gigs, sometimes even on my own just to get out and about, started biking around seeing different places, you don't have to be on your own in your flat, you can do loads of stuff without spending any money.

You need to focus on positives and positives dont have to involve getting paid shitloads and living in luxury, the vast majority don't have that.

• Like 1

Probably with a little more confidence and entrepreneurial spirit than I though, really.

I hate applying for jobs, I'm absolutely awful at selling myself.

oh wait for the" think of a time when you have achieved something that has benefited you and your team members" I hated that question.Apparently bought cakes wasn't what they were looking for.

I don't want to kick off too much but I need to rant. I'm ****ing fed up with my life, I work way too hard and devote around 10 hours of unpaid time to my job just because I somehow "enjoy" it and I'm tied down to the extremely w4nkey bus service that is served up to us, honestly they just turn up when they like so far away from the stated times that I'm unsure if the 1st bus is ridiculously late or the 2nd one is ridiculously early.

I live alone in a flat that amounts to little more than a prison cell and once the fvcking bills have gone out I have to scrimp by every month - I can never get ahead - if I found just £500 in the street it would make such a difference you wouldn't believe it.

People say "yeah but your on the property ladder now" so what? I wish I had stayed at home with the old dear, at least I could afford to do more than sit looking at my blank walls.

My social life amounts to going to the football (the ST is my one luxury but even that's looking difficult for next season) so now the seasons over I've literally got NOTHING to do through the summer apart from watch England labour through a World Cup with matches starting a silly o clock - can't wait for the 5am starts after those games.

I know these are not new problems, everyone has them, and I've ranted similar to this before but it's doing my head in - I see people my age (mid-20's) getting paid shit loads more than me for less responsibility and have a much better quality if life - god knows how they afford it.

Fvck off world - the next person who stops me in the street asking for charity is getting punched to the ground and then killed to death.

Pretty much exactly sums up my life!

Thought I was big and clever getting on the coveted property ladder at 23. Seven and a half years later and I can't even afford to go out on the piss with my mates. ST is my only luxury.

Any family or friends nearby?  For me that's everything, anything else is secondary.  I felt a bit of a hermit when I started to work from home so I started going to gigs, sometimes even on my own just to get out and about, started biking around seeing different places, you don't have to be on your own in your flat, you can do loads of stuff without spending any money.

You need to focus on positives and positives dont have to involve getting paid shitloads and living in luxury, the vast majority don't have that.

I really agree with what Ronnie said. I went through a very similar experience in my first job after Uni. I felt like you and then something happened that put everything in perspective. It's not that you shouldn't feel bad about some things, everybody does, but you have to focus on the positives. And there are plenty of positives by the sounds of it. And remember, while it looks like everyone else is living the life of riley and having an amazing life they really are not, everyone suffers from the same frustrations as you do for sure and there is always that voice at the back of your mind saying "what the fvck am I doing?".

Ultimately, all you can do in life is what you want to do and what you enjoy. I know it sounds selfish but you can't live your life based on what you think a man of your age should be doing or what your mates are doing. Find something you like and do it. Fvck everything else, just have fun while your on this planet.

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1

It will improve :)

Good call.

And then never leave feedback.

and the fact you cant give negative feedback to buyers .....or give negative feedback to non payers either(can report them put that dont do sod all)

they can give you negative feedback if your selling though....unbloody fair imo

Boko Haram, absolute bastards.

I feel sorry for the normal Muslims because at the minute there are lots of nobs giving them a very bad name.

T'was ever thus and ever thus shall be, unfortunately. Every religion, race or nation has plenty of bellends but most people realise it's a minority.

What concerns me is how easy the minority become the minority.

Most other religions have grown out of being assholes

The doctor that has been put on trial in Egypt for fgm - it's just barbaric

Edited by Wookie

The fact my daughter gets sick from school at least once a month. 

Teachers who say "We are very sorry that your daughter is not feeling well and you believe she got the bug from school". She did get it from the school. I don't believe she got it from the school. The school is full of little germ machines. My wife picked our daughter up one day and was confronted by a little kid with both nostrils streaming.

Parents who send their child to school sick. Sure, kids have to toughen up and build their immune system, but if your kid is sick, keep them at home.

Teachers who say "We are very sorry that your daughter is not feeling well and you believe she got the bug from school". She did get it from the school. I don't believe she got it from the school. The school is full of little germ machines. My wife picked our daughter up one day and was confronted by a little kid with both nostrils streaming.

Parents who send their child to school sick. Sure, kids have to toughen up and build their immune system, but if your kid is sick, keep them at home.

Yup, it tends to be worst just after everyone comes back from a long break. You can pretty much guarantee that everyone will get sick in September - students and teachers alike.

On a similar theme, people being made/guilt-tripped into coming to work when sick annoys me. A sick person isn't going to be very productive anyway (especially with something that requires complexity) and it's possible that the person could just pass the bug on to their coworkers who then get sick and affect productivity further. Just strikes me as illogical.

• Like 1

I had this argument with the wife this morning. My daughter full of cold and a bad cough so i told the wife to keep her at home. She said it just a cough but i insisted she stay at home so as not to spread it. I know my daughter could of gone and still done her schoolwork (she is 7) but im sure the other parents wouldnt of appreciated us sending our sick child to school and spread it to other children. Luckily my daughter is rarely ill but i do agree there are some kids that forever have snot and bogeys practically dripping down there face. Parents excuse, 'they dont like having there faces wiped' is quite frankly pathetic.

• Like 1

I had this argument with the wife this morning. My daughter full of cold and a bad cough so i told the wife to keep her at home. She said it just a cough but i insisted she stay at home so as not to spread it. I know my daughter could of gone and still done her schoolwork (she is 7) but im sure the other parents wouldnt of appreciated us sending our sick child to school and spread it to other children. Luckily my daughter is rarely ill but i do agree there are some kids that forever have snot and bogeys practically dripping down there face. Parents excuse, 'they dont like having there faces wiped' is quite frankly pathetic.

i agree with what you say, whle enjoying the irony of your avatar.

however, we have been told, by our school that we have to send the kids in unless its firing out of either end. then the scholl will ecide if they should be sent home, otherwise we get marked as unauthorised absence, dr or not

Why should schools be able to make the decision whether someone's child is or isn't sick?

I haven't got kids but if I did I wouldn't be to ohappy about having to take them in, in the morning knowing they aren't very well only for then waiting for a teacher to tell me whether they've got to stay at school or not.

Another ridiculous thing along with fining parents for taking their kids on holiday. Aren't people allowed to make decisions about whats best for their children nowadays,

• Like 1

Why should schools be able to make the decision whether someone's child is or isn't sick?

I haven't got kids but if I did I wouldn't be to ohappy about having to take them in, in the morning knowing they aren't very well only for then waiting for a teacher to tell me whether they've got to stay at school or not.

Another ridiculous thing along with fining parents for taking their kids on holiday. Aren't people allowed to make decisions about whats best for their children nowadays,

its ridiculous how much power they "think" they have, but they control the register, if drops too low we can get fined for truancy. i have taken my kids to dentist in the morning, brought them in to school 2 late, (arranged) and then the end of year report shows a full day off unauthorised.