Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I just generally hate this time of year - bloody boiling while trying to sleep, but can't have the window open because of shithead chavs who decide to go round my street in the wee hours of the morning shouting at each other.

It's either that or they're trying your fvcking door handles!

Petrol stations with those stupid air hoses that you have to pre-progam your amount of air and then its a 5 minute exercise to hold it on the valve (coz the clip is always broken) while it slowwwwly increases the tyre presure at 3psi per hour.

Just give me back the old squeeze the trigger and look at the gauge type.. in and out in 1 minute

oh... and relatively new tyres that have a slow leak in them.. they fvck me right off!

The insistence that stuff is sexist, Scudamore's private emails were made public and he made a joke about an ex girlfriend. The BBC had a female goalkeeper claiming it was an insult to all women. Get a grip ffs.

People who do stupidly noisy work on their house or garden early in the morning at the weekend. 7am isn't a good time to mow your lawn, or cut paving slabs or use any type of power tool! Maybe you can't sleep (or do shift work) but your neighbours may wish to! Equally I know it is still light at 9pm onwards but this also isn't a good time to do these things. People's children are asleep and people might like to hear their television!

People who do stupidly noisy work on their house or garden early in the morning at the weekend. 7am isn't a good time to mow your lawn, or cut paving slabs or use any type of power tool! Maybe you can't sleep (or do shift work) but your neighbours may wish to! Equally I know it is still light at 9pm onwards but this also isn't a good time to do these things. People's children are asleep and people might like to hear their television!

It bugs me too but still. They can't do it in the morning or evening or weekends?

I suppose you get stiff little fingers from pressing the ban button

The ban button is very much over-rated and overhyped by those who have never seen it. Yeah, sometime people have to be banned because they're just around to cause problems, or they're a spambot who could never make a useful contribution to the forum, but but really the moderation part should just be stopping threads turning into petty slanging matches - far from the whole power thing people will claim, moderation really accounts to being the janitor of the internet.

• Like 1

The ban button is very much over-rated and overhyped by those who have never seen it. Yeah, sometime people have to be banned because they're just around to cause problems, or they're a spambot who could never make a useful contribution to the forum, but but really the moderation part should just be stopping threads turning into petty slanging matches - far from the whole power thing people will claim, moderation really accounts to being the janitor of the internet.

There does seem to be some dicks on tsr that seem to be on there to cause trouble

There does seem to be some dicks on tsr that seem to be on there to cause trouble

Oh aye. Not sure if it is the obvious student (ie young people) bias there but the debates seem to devolve into flinging insults fairly quickly compared to here

Oh aye. Not sure if it is the obvious student (ie young people) bias there but the debates seem to devolve into flinging insults fairly quickly compared to here

Considering there's a lot of students you'd expect most people to be fairly intelligent on there but there's a lot of cretins on there, as you said they resort to name calling more often than not which is a shame.