Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Guest MattP

Never ever being paid on time and always having to chase people up. Then people using the fact they are paying you (despite it being late) as an excuse and bargaining tool to try and make you hurry up with something they need.

Newsagents who only stock red top newspapers. It's not being 'a snob' to actually want to read something interesting rather that what celebrity marriage has just ended after two months.

Women who moan about their lives all day on Social Network sites and then get replies from other women saying 'arr cuddles, here for you babes x' . You aren't fcuking 'here for them at all, you are miles away and probably wouldn't give a shit to even drive 5 mins to them if you could as that would require more effort than sitting on your fat arse typing on a phone.

Edited by MattP

Never ever being paid on time and always having to chase people up. Then people using the fact they are paying you (despite it being late) as an excuse and bargaining tool to try and make you hurry up with something they need.

Newsagents who only stock red top newspapers. It's not being 'a snob' to actually want to read something interesting rather that what celebrity marriage has just ended after two months.

Women who moan about their lives all day on Social Network sites and then get replies from other women saying 'arr cuddles, here for you babes x' . You aren't fcuking 'here for them at all, you are miles away and probably wouldn't give a shit to even drive 5 mins to them if you could as that would require more effort than sitting on your fat arse typing on a phone.

You clearly don't understand the constant struggle being a middle class white woman is. The women in Afghanistan and Syria must feel so lucky to not be in such a difficult situation.

You clearly don't understand the constant struggle being a middle class white woman is. The women in Afghanistan and Syria must feel so lucky to not be in such a difficult situation.

I find it's people of all backgrounds personally. Doesn't seem to be exclusive to any one group.

Finding out at short notice that I'm being transferred to the lycra testing centre of the UK, AKA Coalville :angry:

You need to blend in. Just get yourself down to the charity shop and buy anything that looks like someone died in it 20 years ago. Good luck, mate.

I was stuck behind a driver today who was going 45 in a 50 zone and hit his brakes any time he started going slightly faster.  I overtook him the 3rd time he slowed down to second gear for a speed bump designed to keep you at the aforementioned speed limit.  Absolute cretin.

Having to see z list so called celebrities like Len Goodman  advertising something that's got fvck all to do with what they are supposed to be famous for. He ponces around an Iceland store  shoving a trolley full of cheap trash saying " It gets a ten from Len " and we are expected to buy that frozen Dog Muck on his advice ?

Where is the connection ?  He is a stupid old dancing Queen that got lucky on a strictly come dancing show. How the fvck does that qualify him to recommend a down market shopping outlet ?  :)

I was stuck behind a driver today who was going 45 in a 50 zone and hit his brakes any time he started going slightly faster.  I overtook him the 3rd time he slowed down to second gear for a speed bump designed to keep you at the aforementioned speed limit.  Absolute cretin.

My guess is he falls into one of the following categories:

He's a person of faith. They tend to be the ones that drive like death is just around the corner.

He's over 60 yrs old. Elderly frail people hate speed bumps in case bits drop off them or their glasses fall off.

He's a Rover 216 driver, or any Rover model actually.

He's not a UK citizen and hasn't passed a UK driving test.

Nobody gave you any public support or acknowledgement, so as a gesture of kindness...

What happened, how did you manage to do it? :)

Are you asking out of pity?

So AoWW, how is it now and what happened to it?

:ph34r:

I've had a Windows phone since August, I had to get it replaced in February. Tonight I logged into my SkyDrive account for the first time to look for some pictures/videos that are missing from my phone. Of course they aren't there... But good news, there's a few hundred pictures I've accidentally taken of my thumb/the pavement/the inside of my pocket etc.

I'm convinced there's a committee somewhere that reviews every photo/video and permanently deletes them if they are of any value or stick is them in your account if they are shit.

Oh and I am a little pissed...sorry.

Having to see z list so called celebrities like Len Goodman  advertising something that's got fvck all to do with what they are supposed to be famous for. He ponces around an Iceland store  shoving a trolley full of cheap trash saying " It gets a ten from Len " and we are expected to buy that frozen Dog Muck on his advice ?

Where is the connection ?  He is a stupid old dancing Queen that got lucky on a strictly come dancing show. How the fvck does that qualify him to recommend a down market shopping outlet ?  :)

That advert obviously works wonders as I'm sure it's for Farmfoods! I just see it as an excuse to hurl abuse at the tv. Len gets told to **** off and die regularly. Wouldn't be so bad if the old man next door wasn't called Len

The 'A girl wearing no clothes can get 10000 retweets, how many reposts can this picture get to show your respect' posts that always crop up. I'm sure these people didn't do these courageous acts for a bit of social media recognition, the vast majority don't even have social media. They're slowly becoming the new 'send this to 10 people else your dog will die' crap.

That advert obviously works wonders as I'm sure it's for Farmfoods! I just see it as an excuse to hurl abuse at the tv. Len gets told to **** off and die regularly. Wouldn't be so bad if the old man next door wasn't called Len

Bast*rd I've been boycotting the the wrong Cockroach food store ! Thanks Rob  lol

The 'A girl wearing no clothes can get 10000 retweets, how many reposts can this picture get to show your respect' posts that always crop up. I'm sure these people didn't do these courageous acts for a bit of social media recognition, the vast majority don't even have social media. They're slowly becoming the new 'send this to 10 people else your dog will die' crap.

Ah, you know idiots that have been duped by Britain First as well? Bloody disgraceful people - using the anniversary of D-Day to try and drum up support for their racist claptrap.

Oh fvcking 100% this.

I refuse to be guilt tripped into reposting something you've put up to feed your own ego. Obviously my own decision to spend some time quietly reflecting on the events of 70 years ago in a manner of my own choosing is morally reprehensible by comparison. Fvck off you smarmy twats.

• Like 1