Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I bought a big box of hayfever tablets today, spending Greece's deficit in the process.

I get home, gagging for one of them.

Open it up, and there is 7. ****ing 7.

This box is huge and they can only fit 7. They can only fit 7 of these 5 mm tablets in a 4 inch box.

God damnit.

If you shop around you can get tablets with the same active ingredient as the branded ones for a fraction of the price (90 tablets for £5 for instance)

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/cheap-hayfever-remedies

The Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS), says: "Regardless of cost, and whether they are branded or generic, all medicines are made to the same standards, so you can be reassured your medicine is safe. Branded and generic products are the same if the dose of the drug and the formulation (eg, tablet or a liquid) are the same."
  • Like 1

My OH's Dad, right, when opening a new milk carton or whatever you call then now, doesn't simply peel off the foil seal, like normal people, but inexplicably makes two parallel slits in it with a knife, each about a cm long.

When attempting to pour the milk, this creates an effect that can only really be likened to pissing through an unretracted foreskin, i.e. it goes everywhere. I have literally no idea why he does this because in no way does it make it easier to pour milk. I wouldn't mind if he only did this in his own home, but I find my own milk 'upgraded' in this way when he visits.

Do you think he will kill us all in the night?

You can avoid his antics by buying milk in plastic containers with screw caps. That will stump him. Or are you UHT people?

My OH's Dad, right, when opening a new milk carton or whatever you call then now, doesn't simply peel off the foil seal, like normal people, but inexplicably makes two parallel slits in it with a knife, each about a cm long.

When attempting to pour the milk, this creates an effect that can only really be likened to pissing through an unretracted foreskin, i.e. it goes everywhere. I have literally no idea why he does this because in no way does it make it easier to pour milk. I wouldn't mind if he only did this in his own home, but I find my own milk 'upgraded' in this way when he visits.

I'm not sure why I found this so funny.

Guest MattP

Haha! It's blatantly obvious when a flabbo is holding in their gut. You're only fooling yourself (going in the pool with your t-shirt on doesn't hide it either)

lol

I'm so guilty of this these days, it's almost become habit lol

My nan and grandad used to do that.Mind you they used to drink gold top if you can remember so a tad different to most of the general public,I will ask if there is a reason other than being weird. Edited by cambridgefox

Right now my flatmates. I spent 2 hours waking up to their noise and going back to sleep this morning. 2 hours.  Yet it's not until my alarm finally goes off when they decide "shit we're grubby bastards we need to clean ourselves".  It's been half an hour now and I'm still sat here feeling all greasy because these pricks apparently need 2 ****ing hours to prepare to get washed.

My nan and grandad used to do that.Mind you they used to drink gold top if you can remember so a tad different to most of the general public,I will ask if there is a reason other than being weird.

That makes even less sense.  Surely with Gold Top you need a bigger opening rather than a smaller one, given its viscous characteristics.  Are you sure they weren't unopened bottles that had been attacked by blue tits?  I expect about 3 people on here will know what I'm on about.

In other in-law news we discovered last night that whilst doing some unrequested weeding, OH's mum pulled up and threw a way a plant in the garden we'd only put in the day before

That makes even less sense.  Surely with Gold Top you need a bigger opening rather than a smaller one, given its viscous characteristics.  Are you sure they weren't unopened bottles that had been attacked by blue tits?  I expect about 3 people on here will know what I'm on about.

In other in-law news we discovered last night that whilst doing some unrequested weeding, OH's mum pulled up and threw a way a plant in the garden we'd only put in the day before

I know gold top was as thick as a donkey's chopper and probably tasted like one .im probably 1 of the 3 as I'm old.

I know what you're on about. But I'm not as old as Cambridge Fox. :D (At least I don't think I am) :unsure: 

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/bike-blog/2014/jun/12/the-madness-of-stay-back-cyclist-stickers

I really hope this is a joke article. How is telling cyclists that you've got a blind spot and that they should stay out of it (a 5.5 ton lorry vs a lycra-clad person is going to be a bloodbath) looking down on cyclists? It should be common sense not to get too close to a lorry or bus to start with.

ITV's World Cup coverage. Already.

They just can't do sport, it's as simple as that, infact they can't do a lot, ITV must be my least watched channel.

Unfortunately I'll just have to put up with it because I want to watch some of the matches, but the broadcasts really are dogshit.

• Like 1

ITV's World Cup coverage. Already.

They just can't do sport, it's as simple as that, infact they can't do a lot, ITV must be my least watched channel.

Unfortunately I'll just have to put up with it because I want to watch some of the matches, but the broadcasts really are dogshit.

I think that some of their reports are alright, but their general coverage seems very amateur which is lead by captain cockhead himself.

And this is the most powerful man in our wee country.

Yet another reminder of why I left...

How long are you away?

We were meant to be moving across the water until StepFoxy3 landed himself in jail and understandably MsFoxy doesn't want to leave now.

I'm not sure why I found this so funny.

Made me laugh aswell. It's the thought of the bloke leaving the foil on, making the slit with a knife when it's so simple to peel off, the milk going everywhere and yet he still persists with that way of operating his milk bottle lol

My nan and grandad used to do that.Mind you they used to drink gold top if you can remember so a tad different to most of the general public,I will ask if there is a reason other than being weird.

You can still get Gold Top, I've always got a bottle of Jersey in the fridge. Lovely stuff for breakfast cereal time.