Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Liverpudlians dripping about ed millipede holding up a copy of the sun newspaper in support of the world cup squad.

Anything to play Victim card. Absolutely pathetic.

The Sun are a horrible newspaper though. I don't have to go into why they are.

Patrick Viera saying "afink errr" everytime he speaks.

The whole studio presenting team on ITV are shite. Three of them have such thick accents it's impossible to tell what they're saying.

Lee Dixon is ok though.

I wish all football could be on BBC so we didn't have those dreadful betting adverts.

• Like 1

The whole studio presenting team on ITV are shite. Three of them have such thick accents it's impossible to tell what they're saying.

Lee Dixon is ok though.

I wish all football could be on BBC so we didn't have those dreadful betting adverts.

Aww'ight Raymondo?

Aaav a baing on that.

Casually lying on the sofa, on my phone, absentmindedly screwing up last nights losing Euromillions ticket.

For no reason what so ever I decide if had enough of the pink ball of broken dreams and flick it into the air.

It arcs high across the flat, narrowly missing both the light-shade, the ceiling itself, my TV on the wall and lands straight in last nights pint glass which is sitting on the side, next to the sink ready to be washed - a distance of at least 3 metres.

My greatest ever sporting achievement and no one was here to see it or celebrate with.

• Like 2

Casually lying on the sofa, on my phone, absentmindedly screwing up last nights losing Euromillions ticket.

For no reason what so ever I decide if had enough of the pink ball of broken dreams and flick it into the air.

It arcs high across the flat, narrowly missing both the light-shade, the ceiling itself, my TV on the wall and lands straight in last nights pint glass which is sitting on the side, next to the sink ready to be washed - a distance of at least 3 metres.

My greatest ever sporting achievement and no one was here to see it or celebrate with.

So which bit ground your gears?

The broken dreams of not winning the Euro or the achievement of landing a paper ball in a pint glass?

what an achievement, i'll rep that

ITV player's watch live service is essentially just the TV stream, and offers no rewind/restart capabilities, which is what I'd expect a good 70-80% of users would use it for - to rewind to the start of the program if they missed the first 5 minutes... Still, they're privately funded, of course they'll be inferior to a public service like the beeb...

ITV player's watch live service is essentially just the TV stream, and offers no rewind/restart capabilities, which is what I'd expect a good 70-80% of users would use it for - to rewind to the start of the program if they missed the first 5 minutes... Still, they're privately funded, of course they'll be inferior to a public service like the beeb...

It's the worst streaming player known to man. It takes 10-15mins to wait through unskippable adverts before you can watch (primarily football), it doesn't have a stand-alone option, just full screen, it has in the past historically crashed, and I believe done so again during WC matches. It's an appalling piece of tech. The BBC and Sky can manage it without problem, and I suspect BT have a player that has options as standard (though I can be corrected).

Still, they're privately funded, of course they'll be inferior to a public service like the beeb...

ITV don't have the luxury of being able to enforce charges on people for not watching their programmes, right enough. The bbc spent about £200m on their online tv last year. For that kind of money, the iplayer is still a pretty rudimentary piece of technology.

ITV don't have the luxury of being able to enforce charges on people for not watching their programmes, right enough. The bbc spent about £200m on their online tv last year. For that kind of money, the iplayer is still a pretty rudimentary piece of technology.

Considering 95% of their programmes are utter shite, I should hope so.

The iplayer needs to be rudimentary, as it needs to be accessible to technophobes and oldies, yet still be robust and consistent. The ITV website is as shoddy as the tech it offers. Given the tech that is off the shelf, nevermind bespoke, it is a disgrace.

As shit as ITV's streaming is, the BBC are no shining lights in app development - it took them more than a year to actually produce an iPlayer app for android tablets - too busy cosying up to Apple to bother properly dealing with Android, so they just fobbed off the development to some shite software house.

BT Sport are also terrible at app development and streaming - as they update their app, they basically **** over anyone with an older (read - not KitKat) Android tablet, essentially every time you update the BT Sport app, it's a gamble on whether you are going to go from having a working app to never being able to stream again - make sure to back up the app if you have a working version!

When I stream ITV, I tend to just use TV Catchup, but they've gone shite as well recently :nigel:

That is so much better than a euro millions win. You can win that any week, this can never be done again

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/bike-blog/2014/jun/12/the-madness-of-stay-back-cyclist-stickers

I really hope this is a joke article. How is telling cyclists that you've got a blind spot and that they should stay out of it (a 5.5 ton lorry vs a lycra-clad person is going to be a bloodbath) looking down on cyclists? It should be common sense not to get too close to a lorry or bus to start with.

Classic cyclist looking for offense where there is none. He does very briefly touch on the valid point of drivers cutting up cyclists, but that has nothing to do with the stickers. Just accept that if you want to cycle among metal behemoths that you may have to exercise caution.

The sound of laughter when you're in a shitty mood, making it even shittier. x2 if it's someone who knows you're in a shitty mood and they don't have the common decency to go be jolly elsewhere. Like at the bottom of a lake.

"Proper football club".

Just another meaningless football phrase bandied about which doesn't annoy me greatly but just irks me for whatever reason.

But how else will people justify the irrational reasoning behind liking the likes of Everton over the likes of Stoke.

Potentially fvcking missing out on a bonus at work because my job role changed from 1st March after our restructure. Criteria is to be in your job for 6 months.

I've been there two fvcking years but because I was on a fixed-term contract until 1st March I'm not eligible for a bonus.

FVCK OFF. I've worked my socks off for my team and contributed a fvck load for the business and done stuff above my pay grade and capability only to be told it was for the square root of fvck all today. Seriously pissing me off, that. 

• Like 1