Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Potentially fvcking missing out on a bonus at work because my job role changed from 1st March after our restructure. Criteria is to be in your job for 6 months.

I've been there two fvcking years but because I was on a fixed-term contract until 1st March I'm not eligible for a bonus.

FVCK OFF. I've worked my socks off for my team and contributed a fvck load for the business and done stuff above my pay grade and capability only to be told it was for the square root of fvck all today. Seriously pissing me off, that. 

Any higher management you can appeal to or is it a pretty rigid structure?

Any higher management you can appeal to or is it a pretty rigid structure?

My line manager is aware but it's above his pay-roll. He's going to speak to his boss but has told me he can make no guarantees.

If it doesn't work out I'll take it up as an official issue/complaint with HR and further if need be. 

Makes me think that I've worked all this time with no incentive at the end of it. I wasn't even told in March/during restructure that I wouldn't be eligible for the bonus. 

Certain posts getting deleted for no reason.

It's not for "no reason". I don't see why the owner of this site should be at risk of potential legal action because you want to put your point across regardless. No doubt there are plenty of other sites where I'm sure you can speculate to your heart's content and link to whatever you like. 

It's not for "no reason". I don't see why the owner of this site should be at risk of potential legal action because you want to put your point across regardless. No doubt there are plenty of other sites where I'm sure you can speculate to your heart's content and link to whatever you like.

But I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I'm not making things up to get my point across. I've said something that's on the internet for all to see, something that has been certified by their spokesman.

But I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I'm not making things up to get my point across. I've said something that's on the internet for all to see, something that has been certified by their spokesman.

At no point have I said you're making it up. People can go elsewhere and find the information if they're that keen.... it's hardly like it's breaking news... the article is 7 years old. 

People who give their kids "designer" names.

Posh mum in shop running after "Digby".

He's human not canine, two legs not four.

Crossed my mind to throw a stick for the little fella to fetch.

A million times this. You wonder if people realise their offspring have to spend their whole lives with those names.

People who give their kids "designer" names.

Posh mum in shop running after "Digby".

He's human not canine, two legs not four.

Crossed my mind to throw a stick for the little fella to fetch.

Was in TK Maxx and a wannabe middle class lady had two kids running mental through the shop and kept half-heartedly calling them back. They were called something like "Crestwell" and "Laytonsbeigh" or something equally ridiculous. Felt like chundering

Turns out I wasn't the only one in my situation regarding bonuses.

Boss had a word with his boss who had a word with HR.

HR have essentially given in and said I can have a bonus.

Looking forward to July pay-roll!!

Turns out I wasn't the only one in my situation regarding bonuses.

Boss had a word with his boss who had a word with HR.

HR have essentially given in and said I can have a bonus.

Looking forward to July pay-roll!!

We all know how that meeting really went.  :ph34r:

fight%20club.jpg

jk. glad it went your way.

Edited by sphericalfox

Was in TK Maxx and a wannabe middle class lady had two kids running mental through the shop and kept half-heartedly calling them back. They were called something like "Crestwell" and "Laytonsbeigh" or something equally ridiculous. Felt like chundering

Doesn't the second one play left back for England?

• Like 2

There's a kid at my brother's school called Diesel, who has a sibling called Shevay (I don't even know how to spell it).

It's cruel to call kids such shitty names.

Since your from Glenfield aswel im assuming your thinking about the same Diesel thats in my daughters class. When i first heard his name i thought it was an unusual choice of name but obviously his parents wanted him to have a unique name. I say fair play to them.

Since your from Glenfield aswel im assuming your thinking about the same Diesel thats in my daughters class. When i first heard his name i thought it was an unusual choice of name but obviously his parents wanted him to have a unique name. I say fair play to them.

Yes, that's the one. It's strange because the parents started off with quite common names - the two older brothers are named Thomas and James.

They've obviously been convinced that distinctive names are better, though. Diesel's got twin brothers who are in nursery at the moment. The parents have named them The Fat Controller and Sir Topham Hatt.