Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Since your from Glenfield aswel im assuming your thinking about the same Diesel thats in my daughters class. When i first heard his name i thought it was an unusual choice of name but obviously his parents wanted him to have a unique name. I say fair play to them.

It's unique but it's quite a shit name, this kid has to live the rest of it's life being called Diesel.

I just wrote Petrol instead of Diesel lol

Edited by Wookie

Spending several hours writing a report and doing loads of flashy Excel stuff only to find out when investigating an anomaly that all the base data is wrong and my report is basically bullshit.

First world problems

Just watched some videos from the Kasabian gig last night and been reminded of something.

Mobile phone videoing at gigs (or sports events for that matter). People stood/sat there, staring at a tiny screen of something instead of actually watching the once in a lifetime occasion that is actually unfurling in front of them. Just enjoy the moment - watching it later on video, no matter how many times, will never capture that moment that you missed cos you were trying to hold your 3 inch screen steady.

I've mentioned that before, I feel exactly the same.

Just watched some videos from the Kasabian gig last night and been reminded of something.

Mobile phone videoing at gigs (or sports events for that matter). People stood/sat there, staring at a tiny screen of something instead of actually watching the once in a lifetime occasion that is actually unfurling in front of them. Just enjoy the moment - watching it later on video, no matter how many times, will never capture that moment that you missed cos you were trying to hold your 3 inch screen steady.

Couldn't you say that about all photography? People like memories and sharing stuff with people. Most of them will take a 2 min video and a few photos over the course of a couple of hours, what's the big deal?

Couldn't you say that about all photography? People like memories and sharing stuff with people. Most of them will take a 2 min video and a few photos over the course of a couple of hours, what's the big deal?

Savour every second. I've said it before that I don't know why bands don't have an official videographer that videos every gig they play. Then they can have a special code on the ticket so that you can download it a couple of days latter for £2-3. Easy enough to do, captures the moment of the gig you were at, and puts pounds in pockets, with a much better quality than handheld shaky mobile. I hate live band videos, seeing a band live is about being there, so I'd pay to see a band video that I was actually at, to relive the experience.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 1

The way Disney are exploiting the Muppets franchise.

Ads for cars, ads for tea, ads for everything featuring Muppets.

Muppets.

Yeah they've really devalued the Muppet's artistic integrity. 

• Like 3

Savour every second. I've said it before that I don't know why bands don't have an official videographer that videos every gig they play. Then they can have a special code on the ticket so that you can download it a couple of days latter for £2-3. Easy enough to do, captures the moment of the gig you were at, and puts pounds in pockets, with a much better quality than handheld shaky mobile. I hate live band videos, seeing a band live is about bring there, so I;d pay to see a band video that I was actually at, to relive the experience.

Pearl Jam release an official audio 'bootleg' of every show they do and make it available to buy. Not a video of your concert experience but surely the next best thing. Shame other bands don't do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Jam_Official_Bootlegs

Edited by separator

There's a kid at my brother's school called Diesel, who has a sibling called Shevay (I don't even know how to spell it).

It's cruel to call kids such shitty names.

Perhaps he had parents that were fans of Leicester 80's rockers Diesel Park West.

I heard a kid on the bus recently who was called Chardonnay. I wonder if she has a sibling called Lambrini or Babycham?

Yeah they've really devalued the Muppet's artistic integrity. 

I know Henson's puppets have sold their souls as early the 1950ies (with doing commercials), but this just grinds my gears more than anything with regards to the Muppets.

Childhood memories getting tainted, I guess.

Edited by MC Prussian

"they was", "you was", "we was".

Also, I can't believe the amount of people that write "women" why they mean "woman". I don't usually moan about grammar or spelling but I'm seeing these a lot and by fully grown people.

Ones that wind me up are: "board" instead of "bored" and "tym" instead of "time".

This goes round and round these forums.

So I'll have my go...

Those who say "of" instead of "have", as in " I would of..."

There instead of they're or their...

Using an adjective when it should be an adverb as in "he played fantastic". NO! "He played fantastically". This particularly applies to football pundits/managers/players.

And my most hated: " I was sat...". NO! It's "was sitting..."

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1