Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Right.

Someone explain to me why Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt considers it appropriate to stand up in the House Of Commons and apologise for acts that took place years ago when no one knew any better and which were perpetrated by a lone sicko who misused his influence. And why he has to use the "voice of contrition" when doing so.

:mad:

Politicians are too quick to apologise for stuff they have no place aplogising for.

Shouldn't he be sorting out the NHS?

He is sorting out the NHS.

Guest MattP

Right.

Someone explain to me why Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt considers it appropriate to stand up in the House Of Commons and apologise for acts that took place years ago when no one knew any better and which were perpetrated by a lone sicko who misused his influence. And why he has to use the "voice of contrition" when doing so.

:mad:

Politicians are too quick to apologise for stuff they have no place aplogising for.

Shouldn't he be sorting out the NHS?

That's what politicians do these days. They used to take tough decisions and direct action, now they offer a limp wristed excuse or a reason as why they can't do anything about something.

Whether it's a tearful apology for something that happened back in the days of the slave trade or asking Boko Harem nicely on Twitter to give the girls back it doesn't how matter how ridiculous they look to any inteligent person as long as the X factor masses think they care.

fixed. :thumbup:

I genuinely wish what you were saying was true, fact is when you get beyond the old party politics stereotypes they have done less to privitise and modernise the stone age health system than the last administration did.

Edited by MattP

That's what politicians do these days. They used to take tough decisions and direct action, now they offer a limp wristed excuse or a reason as why they can't do anything about something.

Whether it's a tearful apology for something that happened back in the days of the slave trade or asking Boko Harem nicely on Twitter to give the girls back it doesn't how matter how ridiculous they look to any inteligent person as long as the X factor masses think they care.

I genuinely wish what you were saying was true, fact is when you get beyond the old party politics stereotypes they have done less to privitise and modernise the stone age health system than the last administration did.

If only you knew what you are talking about.

Guest MattP

If only you knew what you are talking about.

You're not the only one who has a lot of people close to you involved in the NHS bud.

Many levels as well.

Guest MattP

Mine isn't second-hand info. :thumbup:

Or politically biased either I suppose... :nigel:

Not that the actual staff actually have much idea anyway of just how much privitisation is going on....

Or politically biased either I suppose... :nigel:

Not that the actual staff actually have much idea anyway of just how much privitisation is going on....

Not politically biased at all. The previous and current administration. It happened under Blair, but the current government has/is taking it to a deliberate irreversible level. If you say it's not, then it obvious that it would be a political bias blinkering your vision, or you haven't seen it for yourself.

Edited by sphericalfox

Let it Go - Frozen.

My child sings this song over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. As she's not blessed with a singing voice, it makes it that much more unbearable. I fooking hate the song and the awful film.

Edited by sphericalfox

Let it Go - Frozen.

My child sings this song over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. As she's not blessed with a singing voice, it makes it that much more unbearable. I fooking hate the song and the awful film.

Marginally more bearable?

People who write letters in lower case when they are supposed to be in upper case like below.

chris smith

99 lower end

glenfield

leicester

le6 5DD

One of my wife's colleagues writes his name in lower case and gets annoyed if you capitalise the first letters. It's very pretentious.

At least I'm not suffering alone.

As for Pearl Jam? WTF? My daughter sings better than that, and she's totally tone deaf I think.

lol Not one of eddies best nights, his voice definately aint the same as it was, still can be amazing though.

when you have the exact amount for something out the machine but wont accept one of your coins because its one of them stupid fvckin new coins that has part of a picture on it. :(

That f***s me off too - end up having to pay for the last penny on your card

Going over on to the next pound when filling up on petrol despite best efforts not to.

Want to fill up £30. Get to £29.97/98/99. Next stop - £30.01.

You can put a limit on on most Tesco 'pay at the pump' these days. You programme £30, you get £30 quids worth. Not sure whether that's universal across other supermarkets or competitors. I appreciate the independents are unlikely to have this.