Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

You can put a limit on on most Tesco 'pay at the pump' these days. You programme £30, you get £30 quids worth. Not sure whether that's universal across other supermarkets or competitors. I appreciate the independents are unlikely to have this.

Really? Genuinely never knew that. I fill up at Morrisons near where I live cos it's cheapest but have never seen that option there. Even when you pay at pump and put your card in, once that's approved it just says to begin putting fuel in.

Really? Genuinely never knew that. I fill up at Morrisons near where I live cos it's cheapest but have never seen that option there. Even when you pay at pump and put your card in, once that's approved it just says to begin putting fuel in.

It might not be universal, but certainly it exists. I've not used it, as I too enjoy the sense of fulfilment in filling the tank to the roundest number and the inevitable failure to do so.

So anybody that has done something wrong in the past isn't allowed to ciriticise Suarez' recent actions because it's nothing to do with them?

No. I think the overreaction to his tantamount to the UK media making 'a meal of it', and hoping the can fill their papers/news items with this for as long as possible in the hope that they can achieve their ultimate goal of expelling him from the country.

Suarez is a total bellend, don't get me wrong, but I'd say there's much worse things footballers have done to each other on and off the pitch, and the clamour to find 'the most outraged' celebrity soundbite of the year is both dull and sickening. And we're not talking about just the sports media, we're about mainstream news media who should really be filling our screens with information about matters that really do matter, not distraction and bollocks.

It might not be universal, but certainly it exists. I've not used it, as I too enjoy the sense of fulfilment in filling the tank to the roundest number and the inevitable failure to do so.

Yeah, surely half the satisfaction comes from the fact you managed to get it bang on using your superior pumping skills.

Edited by potter3

Seriously going off Apple and iTunes, proper ****ing me about now.

Genuinly contemplating going to an android at this rate! (I probably won't because I do like the iPhone and compared to peoples androids that i've used they don't really even compete imo)

But I can't do **** all with iTunes and my iPhone, my iPhone is about ****ed i'll make that known now so that could be the simple problem, it's old and slow (It's an old iPhone 4) but I can't even do much on iTunes regardless of the iPhone anyway.

Can't take music off, can't put music on, files ****ed, can't really do alot, as much as it pains me to even contemplate this, I might just start again, delete everything and go through a laborious routine of importing all the music I have on CD's back on, think it might be the only way and despite that going to take me a long time I think it could be the quickest solution.

I'm quickly being put off Apple for this episode though.

Edited by Matt

No. I think the overreaction to his tantamount to the UK media making 'a meal of it', and hoping the can fill their papers/news items with this for as long as possible in the hope that they can achieve their ultimate goal of expelling him from the country.

Suarez is a total bellend, don't get me wrong, but I'd say there's much worse things footballers have done to each other on and off the pitch, and the clamour to find 'the most outraged' celebrity soundbite of the year is both dull and sickening. And we're not talking about just the sports media, we're about mainstream news media who should really be filling our screens with information about matters that really do matter, not distraction and bollocks.

I agree with most of that and what he said but the paragraph about people being hypocritical is irrelevant.

Genuinly contemplating going to an android at this rate! (I probably won't because I do like the iPhone and compared to peoples androids that i've used they don't really even compete imo)

But I can't do **** all with iTunes and my iPhone, my iPhone is about ****ed i'll make that known now so that could be the simple problem, it's old and slow (It's an old iPhone 4) but I can't even do much on iTunes regardless of the iPhone anyway.

Can't take music off, can't put music on, files ****ed, can't really do alot, as much as it pains me to even contemplate this, I might just start again, delete everything and go through a laborious routine of importing all the music I have on CD's back on, think it might be the only way and despite that going to take me a long time I think it could be the quickest solution.

MediaMonkey is a decent alternative to iTunes when it comes to managing a music library and syncing iPods, iPads etc (i've only used it with a iPod though). The program is far less bloated than all the crap that iTunes installs.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/

What Android phones have you tried out of interest? High end ones? The iPhone doesn't compare to the latest from Samsung and Sony IMO.

I'm staying with my gf's family in Portugal atm, her Dad is in IT, the things he does with android around the home is unreal!

Edited by z-layrex

What Android phones have you tried out of interest? High end ones? The iPhone doesn't compare to the latest from Samsung and Sony IMO.

I'm staying with my gf's family in Portugal atm, her Dad is in IT, the things he does with android around the home is unreal!

Top and Bottom end, didn't really like either.

I suppose using and owning are different things, just using one for 5 minutes (If that) you can't really make a proper judgement.

Another reason for me deep down wanting to stick with iPhone is, i'm set up for it (Weak excuse I know - especially since i've been slagging iTunes off) and i've bought alot of this of the App Store which I would lose if I went away from Apple/iPhone.

I guess that's what Apple want, i've spent money with them and because of that they've kind of got people by the balls.

I really do like the iPhone and never had any problems in the past with iTunes but this experience has really wound me up.

Edited by Matt

I'm a 36 inch waist & 42 inch chest. Went shopping for clothes because I was running out. The trousers size 36in waist are baggy but wearable but the size large shirt is tight? What the hell is going on with men size clothes now? It's getting worse!

•  

I'm a 36 inch waist & 42 inch chest. Went shopping for clothes because I was running out. The trousers size 36in waist are baggy but wearable but the size large shirt is tight? What the hell is going on with men size clothes now? It's getting worse!

Finding the only decent pair of jeans in a store, and the crotch hugs you like a hook in your arsehole.