Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

DWP. Just read a story of a widow whose husband died in February and had suffered with a chronic heart decease, received a letter informing him that he had won his appeal after he had had his ESA stopped by the DWP

Well really its all government department offices. Money is wasted left right and centre and I am not the only one that thinks that. And it does not matter which party is in power the admin is crap and always will be.

I suspect Moose works in one of these offices because no doubt he will defend them if only to be different to me.

I agree with you actually kendo and I've said it many times on here before. Inefficiency in the public sector is an expensive problem. Solve it with privatisation. Make the government small, services more efficient, taxes lower, businesses more competitive, the economy more vibrant, increase economic mobility and opportunities for people to earn good money. Or make the government bigger, services more expensive, basically corrupt procurement practices leading to huge contracts being dished out for nothing, less competitive businesses, less jobs, less mobility, less wealth for all.

Easy decision for me

Energy drinks are the biggest con going. See loads of people drinking it, they are full of absolute shit

used to work with a bloke who literally would drink 12 cans of red bull a day. Not for the energy but loved the taste. I used to have a can if driving through the night and it does **** all. so have to agree they are the biggest con

Energy drinks are the biggest con going. See loads of people drinking it, they are full of absolute shit

You have to wonder why though. They taste like absolute shite as well, it's horrible stuff.

DWP. Just read a story of a widow whose husband died in February and had suffered with a chronic heart decease, received a letter informing him that he had won his appeal after he had had his ESA stopped by the DWP

Well really its all government department offices. Money is wasted left right and centre and I am not the only one that thinks that. And it does not matter which party is in power the admin is crap and always will be.

I suspect Moose works in one of these offices because no doubt he will defend them if only to be different to me.

You really do seek out these stories don't you Ken. You are absolutley right about the inefficiencies of the public services, I just dont see the connection with your story?

Nothing to do with White Dee. just an ordinary bloke who had a heart condition and was deemed fit for work by the DWP and the new rules brought in. IE. if you can raise a finger you are fit for work. He appealed but the stress of having his income stopped and going through a court hearing process was too much and he died. And if that wasn't enough the DWP sent him/widow a letter saying he had won his appeal after she had told them he had died. He had worked all his life dispte his illness but he was regarded a scrounger because he was unable to carry on working because of the strain put on his heart.

There are many more cases like this going through the appeal courts and while they do the claimant has no income. Some are mentally unable to fill out forms and do not know how to cope.

This is why it is related. To these departments the common man is just a number to be ticked off in a box. A non entity. A pleb Just another piece of shit in the cess pool of bureaucracy.. And they are the good points. :)

• Like 2

lol lol lol Ken.

Some of these cases are quite serious and on occasion you do have a point. But dressing it all up as some sort of Dickensian, Orwellian saga really just comes across as hammy to the point of hilarious.

I've tried being serious. It does not work on some on here. If anyone wants to post a serious case there are plenty around but do not look in the mainstream press or media. They tend to be found in blogs, social media and personal stories.

I've tried being serious. It does not work on some on here. If anyone wants to post a serious case there are plenty around but do not look in the mainstream press or media. They tend to be found in blogs, social media and personal stories.

I think what baffles most people is that you persist with preaching on here when obviously nobody gives a shit.

When criticised you throw your toys out and threaten to flounce until everyone validates you by say oh no, Ken, you're a welcome poster, don't be offended.

Surely there's a middle ground? By all means contribute to the conversations going on on the forum but accept that your social preaching is completely wasted in here. If you give two ****s, get off your arse and go and canvas in town or find a forum or website where people are discussing homelessness and the DWP... endlessly.

You are probably right and I am wasting my time. I have been told this by colleagues, I do not see it as preaching but passing on information that few people know about or come across in their every day lives. My opinions on the homeless has changed a great deal over the last couple of years. This has been done by meeting and getting to know people that have had experience or worked with vulnerable people. I thought that their knowledge may cause some to rethink their views as I have done but it appears I am wrong on that score and some will never change their perception.

My fault is that I try and see the best in people and believe there is good in us all.

We are all of us wasting our time on here in one way or another.

W*nking drivers who think it's okay to cruise along in the overtaking lanes on a motorway when lanes to their left are clear! Gets right up my swanny!

Yeah driving one handed is never a good idea.

I suppose

We are all of us wasting our time on here in one way or another.

Yeah driving one handed is never a good idea.

I suppose we are. Some like to post stories on celebriies getting nose or boob jobs others post about people who have never been in a position to afford a nose or boob job.

Utter toss. Players have done worse in one-offs, off the pitch but that's irrelevant here. He's done it three times - so he clearly shows no remorse or even thinks he did anything wrong. He's shown himself to be a vile person. If Collymore had committed domestic abuse a couple more times, people would rightly be absolutely outraged at him, so why should people not be outraged about Suarez, who has committed a disgusting and violent act THREE times, and not only continues to do it, but defends his actions and lies through his teeth claiming he's done nothing wrong?

He's a massive ****, and people should rightly hate him.

Whoah, whoah, whoah, back up there a second, are you seriously saying that domestic violence is fine if it only happens once?

Comparing anything as serious as domestic violence to what Suarez did is exactly why this is ridiculous.

Biting is like spitting, it's disgusting but it really isn't a big deal, not like hitting a woman, and I maintain that I would rather be bitten by Suarez than elbowed in the face by Rooney, or kicked in the head by Shearer, or by on the receiving end of any number of dangerous tackles we see go unpunished, or only punished with a red.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBlnEW851_s

Seriously, perspective here, if Suarez had elbowed him, or head butted him, or kicked him, he would have probably had a 3 match ban, maybe longer, why is biting so much more severe, nobody will have their career ended by a bite. I don't think it is a coincidence that the bite happened on the day we were eliminated, like Beckham's red card, or Lampard's disallowed goal, we are desperate for any distraction from the fact we just aren't good enough.

I suppose

I suppose we are. Some like to post stories on celebriies getting nose or boob jobs others past about people who have never been in a position to afford a nose or boob job.

lol

Seriously I don't think I've ever seen a celebrity nose job thread on here. It's about time we had one.

We don't get much decent political discussion on here anymore.

All a bit redundant now with the success the tories are having isn't it? The lefties have found themselves in a position where all of their usual arguments have been disproved in real life, so of course they've gone very quiet.

Not being able to see a comment someone has replied to because 'I don't have permission to view the topic'

I had that replying to that thing about some IT bloke altering an expenses claim. I think the topic was taken down for some reason. Possible libel?

I had that replying to that thing about some IT bloke altering an expenses claim. I think the topic was taken down for some reason. Possible libel?

Oh right, yeah that would be the one then, good catch.