Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

As we have gone past midday, I suppose I can't expect a sober and sensible answer.

I was still at home. just been to the Hind and tesco. Had one pint. For my Sunday dinner I am going to have a couple of ready cooked chicken thighs half of which I had yesterday along with boil in the bag rice. How much have you had today and what have you had for Sunday Lunch? If I had a wife, kids car or Sky TV or the latest gaming consule I would not even have had afforded the above.

That is how I feel sometimes. It does not matter how many times it is explained Moose will not shift one inch. Still he is young has no w money worries and is reasonably fit. He may have a few quid saved up but it will not last forever if he has to give up work and continues to live the lifestyle to which he is accustomed. I would rather have his salary than £140 pw. Strangely enough it seems he would rather have my income and begrudges me a little enjoyment in my latter years. I had a choice. Continue signing on and be humiliated once a fortnight after failing to find a suitable job or take pension credits for the same income and search for work in my own time without being forced to do work which could damage my health I am giving up a paid job in order that a younger person with all their life in front of them can have a much needed job to support his family. I have no wife or kids so the income I receive is not so important. Plus a younger man with wife and kids may be on benefits which is more than mine if not working and it will be one less and will save the taxpayer more.

2 points

1. All very noble. Not sure I can believe the part about just wanting to give others opportunities but whatever.

2. Point remains you've exploited a loophole which has since been closed but you were in the right place, right circumstance, right age at right time. The criticism levelled was that you harp on endlessly about others taking opportunities whether that is being tax efficient or whatever and yet you are happy to behave in much the same way.

Being principled and constantly striding to the moral high ground ( then standing upon it with the internet equivalent of a loudspeaker stuck on repeat) tends to work better if you can live up to your own principles.

In short, you're a hypocrite.

2 points

1. All very noble. Not sure I can believe the part about just wanting to give others opportunities but whatever.

2. Point remains you've exploited a loophole which has since been closed but you were in the right place, right circumstance, right age at right time. The criticism levelled was that you harp on endlessly about others taking opportunities whether that is being tax efficient or whatever and yet you are happy to behave in much the same way.

Being principled and constantly striding to the moral high ground ( then standing upon it with the internet equivalent of a loudspeaker stuck on repeat) tends to work better if you can live up to your own principles.

In short, you're a hypocrite.

How kind.

True. In the last year I have regained my health have less stress and have met some great people. All of which would not been possible if I was still signing on. Also i can look for the type of work I am capable of without any hassle. I have gained experience in the areas that I have an interest in through volunteering and training programs. My self esteem and confidence is better than it has ever been. Do you begrudge me this? Much better for my well being than working for nothing in Poundland. Make the most of your life while you can. Bad fortune can happen to anyone. You never know what is around the corner.

Edited by Rincewind

I give up. I'm not judging you Ken, I'm trying to make you see why you rub people up the wrong way. None of us are perfect.

Enjoy your retirement and stop being so bitter and judgemental about others.

Sorry, but I'm struggling with the concept that you are not judging Ken whilst calling him a hypocrite.

• Like 1

Psychos!

It's not obligatory to wear helmets or gum shields. A sport that's about 3000 years old? Where there's violence, speed, and points galore? Don't knock it just because it's Irish.

I'm surprised that it's shown on English Sky, but I suppose as Irish Sky have bought the rights, then they'll market it like any other of their broadcast products.

It'll get a big national, and international audience, as the Gaelic games are exceptionally popular.

Don't worry, the football won't be going anywhere soon.

Guest MattP

Jon. I'll buy you a pint with my last fiver if I see you. I'll have a packet of crisps for lunch that day. :)

Will you bollocks, don't even stand your round let alone buy people a pint.

I hate to ruin your reputation but as I recall you and Alf would not let me stand a round.

I will keep it a secret if you prefer.

Please do tell, I have thoughts of you, Matt and White Dee sharing a love sandwich, with white dee in the middle, and Alf videoing the event??