Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

It's not obligatory to wear helmets or gum shields. A sport that's about 3000 years old? Where there's violence, speed, and points galore? Don't knock it just because it's Irish.

I'm surprised that it's shown on English Sky, but I suppose as Irish Sky have bought the rights, then they'll market it like any other of their broadcast products.

It'll get a big national, and international audience, as the Gaelic games are exceptionally popular.

Don't worry, the football won't be going anywhere soon.

I wouldn't not like it because it's Irish ??? I don't like the point for just whacking it between the posts. That said I'm prepared to give it another go. I do perceive Sky to be struggling to fill airtime on their premium sports channels and fully expect the Tiddlywinks world championships to feature soon with full profiles of the inside line on all of the game's major competitors!

I see tonight they're giving Froch -Groves 2 yet another airing.

Edited by Mike Oxlong

I don't watch Japanese anime. lol

Nor am I questioning Ken's right or capacity to contribute to the forum as a whole.

Oh and I have no fringe, went to a comp and am far more intelligent than either you or I think I am. You're shit at this game.

Sorry about the delayed response - been away for the weekend.

Re. anime: I must have confused you with some other elite intellectual arbiter, possibly Captain Pancake Face. I'm impressed, though, that you are more intelligent than you yourself think you are. How do you know this? Are you as cunning as a fox, a fox that has been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

If so, maybe your posts could include more substance in future - and less jaded relativism? You seem to float across the forum like a low-fat meringue that has mistaken itself for God on a cloud in a Renaissance painting! lol

What "game" am I shit at? I didn't think that there was one set of rules that we had to follow on here, apart from obvious stuff like offensiveness, libel etc. I view this forum as an anarchist commune, not a home for spent, jaded reactionaries, so maybe I'm playing a different game to you? :dunno:

Have a nice week, anyway! :D

Re. anime: I must have confused you with some other elite intellectual arbiter, possibly Captain Pancake Face.

What "game" am I shit at? I didn't think that there was one set of rules that we had to follow on here, apart from obvious stuff like offensiveness, libel etc. I view this forum as an anarchist commune, not a home for spent, jaded reactionaries, so maybe I'm playing a different game to you? :dunno:

Not I, I don't mind a bit of studio ghibli, and obviously a few anime classics, Akira and Ninja Scroll, but never mentioned it on here. I think Laverentis has mentioned a liking for Manga before. This is a fun game, guess the anime fan.

As for the game you're shit at, I think he meant your guess at what he is like, rather than anything to do with how you post on this forum.

Edited by Captain Pancake Face

When finno says "I don't like Japanese anime" what he's really saying is something like "I don't like all that mainstream stuff, what I'm into is north East Kyoto animango bango bango shotopon with a hint of kuniwanwanbadger as long as it's not too balliballishinding shinding bapbap, and I simply HATE walli walli shuper dongo."

When finno says "I don't like Japanese anime" what he's really saying is something like "I don't like all that mainstream stuff, what I'm into is north East Kyoto animango bango bango shotopon with a hint of kuniwanwanbadger as long as it's not too balliballishinding shinding bapbap, and I simply HATE walli walli shuper dongo."

I'd guessed that! lol

Not I, I don't mind a bit of studio ghibli, and obviously a few anime classics, Akira and Ninja Scroll, but never mentioned it on here. I think Laverentis has mentioned a liking for Manga before. This is a fun game, guess the anime fan.

As for the game you're shit at, I think he meant your guess at what he is like, rather than anything to do with how you post on this forum.

You've gone way over my head there, CPF. Ghee, giblets, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and La Manga is about the closest I get to comprehending that first paragraph!

I didn't seriously think that you were the anime chap, anyway. I just picked you as your posts seem to have a similar aura to Finnegan's somehow - though infinitely more substance, and sometimes even considerable merit. :D I'm trying to pin down his essence, if such a concept is possible, not his appearance and hobbies.

Hasta la vista! Loadsa work today....

You've gone way over my head there, CPF. Ghee, giblets, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and La Manga is about the closest I get to comprehending that first paragraph!

I didn't seriously think that you were the anime chap, anyway. I just picked you as your posts seem to have a similar aura to Finnegan's somehow - though infinitely more substance, and sometimes even considerable merit. :D I'm trying to pin down his essence, if such a concept is possible, not his appearance and hobbies.

Hasta la vista! Loadsa work today....

Studio Ghibli do beautifully animated but completely off the wall and twisted fairy tales, very much anime in its animation style, but without the cartoon sex and violence and sudden close ups of a shouting face.

I would recommend you check out Spirited Away or Howl's Moving Castle if you ever fancy something completely different.

As for Finnegan, I suspect he has realised that it is counter productive and a waste of time putting any content or effort into debating on here, and by debate I mean arguing the toss over semantics with people who never actually even read what you put, let alone take it in and will come back with the same tired old arguments and personal abuse.

Re. anime: I must have confused you with some other elite intellectual arbiter, possibly Captain Pancake Face. I'm impressed, though, that you are more intelligent than you yourself think you are. How do you know this? Are you as cunning as a fox, a fox that has been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

If so, maybe your posts could include more substance in future - and less jaded relativism? You seem to float across the forum like a low-fat meringue that has mistaken itself for God on a cloud in a Renaissance painting! lol

Substance is so 2008.

You eventually lose enthusiasm for having the same debates on here repeatedly.

I've had pages and pages of arguments with the likes of JTH, Webbo, Thracian and Co in the past but I'm largely not very interested in it anymore.

I appreciate Moose's determination to keep baiting (he's really stepped it up lately! Must have been a slow weekend for him!), I'm sure I'll have a grouchy enough day one day to bite and give the guy his reward but for the most part? Eh, other stuff to do.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

Substance is so 2008.

You eventually lose enthusiasm for having the same debates on here repeatedly.

I've had pages and pages of arguments with the likes of JTH, Webbo, Thracian and Co in the past but I'm largely not very interested in it anymore.

I appreciate Moose's determination to keep baiting (he's really stepped it up lately! Must have been a slow weekend for him!), I'm sure I'll have a grouchy enough day one day to bite and give the guy his reward but for the most part? Eh, other stuff to do.

I forget what we even argued about. I vaguely recall spending some months utterly infuriated that anyone would be stupid enough to vote for Gordon Brown?

Continued tory cost cutting of the NHS especially when radiotherapy machines lie idle because of it, not realising the stupidity of that because when the patients get sicker it will cost even more.

Can't be tories fault though, must because labour messed it up during their time, yep that will definately be it, I'm pretty sure the tories have never made a mistake.

Guest MattP

I forget what we even argued about. I vaguely recall spending some months utterly infuriated that anyone would be stupid enough to vote for Gordon Brown?

If you wanted a free ride and to do nothing with your life then you wouldn't have voted for anyone but Gordon Brown.

He's the only prime minister ever to openly try and bribe the electorate to keep him in power.

Continued tory cost cutting of the NHS especially when radiotherapy machines lie idle because of it, not realising the stupidity of that because when the patients get sicker it will cost even more.

Can't be tories fault though, must because labour messed it up during their time, yep that will definately be it, I'm pretty sure the tories have never made a mistake.

How do you propose any present or future government go about reducing the debt left by g-brown if not by cutting costs?