Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

How do you propose any present or future government go about reducing the debt left by g-brown if not by cutting costs?

Boom, told ya! lol Always labours fault. Despite the stupidity of not using these machines that will actually save money in the end.

But yep, defend everything the tories do.

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 1

Are you actually denying the debt was left by Labour? lol

But that is irrelevant. Whether we have massive debt or no debt, whether it is Labour's fault or the Conservative's, the point PR is making is that cuts to practices in the NHS that aim to catch and treat illnesses early are counter productive as it will cost more money in the long run. Not to mention increased pain and misery.

(This is my exact point about debate on here, not actually reading what others have posted and trotting out the same tired old arguments).

Edited by Captain Pancake Face
  • Like 1

Boom, told ya! lol Always labours fault. Despite the stupidity of not using these machines that will actually save money in the end.

But yep, defend everything the tories do.

You didn't answer the question, which I phrased intentionally to make it party neutral just for you. I'm very upset. If my reference to brown leaving the debt is what you're talking about, then I mean that more literally which isn't a contensious point. If you'd prefer, I'll ask it another way: how do you propose any government should reduce a serious debt regardless of its cause and responsibility if not by cutting costs?

Funny, I've just been doing some reading into this radiotherapy issue. It appears that far from being the result of tory cost cutting, it's actually a long standing funding issue that has been improved substantially in recent years, with the number of people receiving the treatment increasing after David Cameron pledged to sort it out. Not perfect yet, but a huge improvement. What hypocrisy it is that I'd be moaned at for bringing party politics into it unnecessarily when that's exactly what Ronnie did in his first post.

A little bit grinding. Went over to Nottingham today. Wh do people when using the step to and from platforms not go up or down them the right way. There is a great big no entry sign on one side. Not so bad when there are not many peoplw about but at a busy station it can be a hindrance.

Continued tory cost cutting of the NHS especially when radiotherapy machines lie idle because of it, not realising the stupidity of that because when the patients get sicker it will cost even more.

Can't be tories fault though, must because labour messed it up during their time, yep that will definately be it, I'm pretty sure the tories have never made a mistake.

Sometimes, when you have tried everything else, the only way to get costs under control is to put restrictions in place, and to make the management take responsibility for what they spend on. Unfortunatley their hands are tied by the paralysing in ability to make any real changes without being killed in the press.

Hate catching bus, **** of a driver acts all surprised when I pay a Tenner for a 6 pound fare acting like it's my fault he has no change. C unt

Been years since I caught a bus but that always puzzled me. You could pay a £4.90 fare with a fiver and the driver would stare at you like you tried to pay with Monopoly notes. Keep some change on you, meathead! If your job involves regular exchanges of small sums of money, business and commom sense dictates that you keep change handy or risk losing business.

Debt lies...

cnn-just-said-the-world-is-40-trillion-d

Teehee... :)

"all money is created by crediting and debiting accounts, and that money functions as a unit of account, medium of exchange, store of value, and record of debt. Every debt has a corresponding credit denominated in the unit of account of that jurisdiction, so that all debt as someone’s liability is someone else’s asset, which nets to zero. Since money is not only someone’s debt (a payable) but also someone else’s credit (a receivable), it is just as true to say that the world owns over 57 trillion in financial assets, expressed in USD, as it is to say that the world owes 57 trillion in financial liabilities."

Edited by ozleicester

Been years since I caught a bus but that always puzzled me. You could pay a £4.90 fare with a fiver and the driver would stare at you like you tried to pay with Monopoly notes. Keep some change on you, meathead! If your job involves regular exchanges of small sums of money, business and commom sense dictates that you keep change handy or risk losing business.

A few years ago, I was turned away from a bus for trying to pay with [perfectly legal] Scottish notes. He literally made me walk home.

:nigel:

A few years ago, I was turned away from a bus for trying to pay with [perfectly legal] Scottish notes. He literally made me walk home.

You could have jogged, or skateboarded?

My first job was at a supermarket and when I was fairly new there, a customer handed me a Scottish £50 note. Had never seen or heard of Scottish notes before, I looked it over several times and had the urge to yell at the customer "Where's the god'amn Queen on this thing? Get out, you piece of $hit."

A colleague on the next till quickly jumped in and assured me it was legal tender

You've got the double whammy of trying to pay a bus driver [A] in banknotes (which they absolutely detest), and [B] highly suspect looking banknotes at that (unless you're aware that Scotland has it's own banknotes, and they look bugger all like proper ones). I'm surprised he didn't try to run you over!

Scottish money doesn't legally have to be accepted in England.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2012/sep/12/can-i-spend-scottish-money-england

"The acceptability of any means of payment, including banknotes, is essentially a matter for agreement between the parties involved."

Guest MattP

Let's not open the fast food debate.

Never really eat it anyway. The odd KFC or a desperate burger if I'm in a rush at an station or airport or something...

Crossing the road with the missus.On my own it's a doddle,and i'm sure she's pretty much sussed it as well.But together it's like a comedy sketch,yes lets go,wait,hold on,what you waiting for,come on ffs.The older we get the harder it's becoming.lol

• Like 1

Guest MattP

You've never seen a lard-ass in MacDonalds? xxxx

No I have not. If I want to watch the underclass and career dole dossers eat I'll watch benefits street again.