Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The youtube videos were people give homeless people food and stuff, yeah it's a really nice gesture but there's no need to film it unless they're trying to profit from it.

How do you profit from handing food out? Maybe the video is showing despite what people are being told that there are homeless people that need to be shown respect and compassion. But hey it is not compulsory to have empathy.

The hostel where my colleagues work had a van load of stuff contributed by the Muslim community sandwiches baled beens etc but they are not allowed to have a sandwich (sack able) offence) Since services have bben cut the residents have lost a lot of the support which helps them return to normal life and without a resident carer some are slipping back to old habits. so despite saving money it is counter productive as it will take them longer to find their own place and a job. Some have mental health and learning disabilities.

How do you profit from handing food out? Maybe the video is showing despite what people are being told that there are homeless people that need to be shown respect and compassion. But hey it is not compulsory to have empathy.

The hostel where my colleagues work had a van load of stuff contributed by the Muslim community sandwiches baled beens etc but they are not allowed to have a sandwich (sack able) offence) Since services have bben cut the residents have lost a lot of the support which helps them return to normal life and without a resident carer some are slipping back to old habits. so despite saving money it is counter productive as it will take them longer to find their own place and a job. Some have mental health and learning disabilities.

I think the kind of video Wookie was referring to are those which are very 'LOOK AT ME I'M DOING A GOOD DEED'.

It's like a good deed isn't enough any more, you need footage or it doesn't count. Or at least, you can't win some points with subscribers to your channel/blog or whatever.

Teachers feeling ****ing hard done by.

Talks of a 1% pay rise? Better than my pay rise last year, better than the rise I probably won't get this year, what do I do? What do I have to do? Get on with it, work more hours, on a par or maybe more than teachers do, oh and I don't get all that holiday time either.

What about the parents that have to lose out on pay cos they need to have a day of work to look after the kids?

The curriculum? It's not good enough? Well it certainly isn't if kids can't learn cos your bleeding striking.

Will these teachers and schools be fined for causing a day off for kids? Doubt it.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying they should just suck it up and get on with it but everyone is in the same boat, and I for one (and many others agree) don't have any sympathy for teachers.

It not as if it's once in a blue moon either there, I seem to be posting about this more and more often, seems to be once every month or two.

I'm sick of the 'look at me, I'm a teacher, I'm better than you and I deserve better, feel sorry for me, please'. **** off!

Made me laugh today, my mum works in a school as a helper, only an hour or two a day, abit of pockets money for her, helps her out, helps the school out, someone she works with has a small child, who couldn't go school today but the head teacher requested my mum and who she works with went in for there hour or two to clean, when tr person she works with question well what about my child the head pretty much said well I want you in regardless, this women had to take the child with her, ****ing pathetic,

On the flip side they seem to not be willing to accept lack of pay rise. If you choose to not demand a pay rise or that isn't something that you're able to do within your job/career then it's your problem. Every time this subject crops up you do seem very jealous and bitter that you're not able to do the same.

Moving into an expensive new flat and having rats for the last 6 months. Nothing gets rid of them. How does this not void a tenancy agreement? :(

Landlords have too much power.

lol £1600pcm and my gf can't even sit in the living room when I'm not there as she's too scared. Agency doesn't give a shit.

A little light reading for her to take her mind of things when you're out

200px-Ratsnovel.jpg

Justice4Jobseekers
Chesterfield Jobcentre sanctioned disabled Aspergers sufferer.

This week, Chesterfield Jobcentre, in the continuing attack on disabled and vulnerable people, sanctioned Craig Mason, disabled Aspergers Syndrome sufferer for apparently not doing enough to find work.

Craig however, has been doing his usual jobsearch via the Indeed job website since Universal Jobmatch does NOT record job applications from Job advertisements which link off-site. The clerk at the Jobcentre refused to understand this and it has never been explained to Craig that such applications will not be recorded.

Craig told Justice4Jobseekers today - "She looked on jobmatch website i rarely go on i prefer to use indeed and jobs today instead. They know i cannot physicaly do much as i have a condition that leaves me fatigued all the time i cannot do any lifting work and i have aspbergers yet they expect to to apply for jobs i cannot physically or mentaly do" - This seems to be a recurring pattern in Iain Duncan Smiths controversial, draconian and failing 'welfare reforms' and this is only one case.

Chesterfield Jobcentre have as yet, been unavailable to comment.

Please share this story and lets help Craig get the justice he deserves, and I mean SHARE! Make this one go viral!

Yeah what Asha said, people on YouTube can make money from it and videos like these get a lot of views.

Justice4Jobseekers

Chesterfield Jobcentre sanctioned disabled Aspergers sufferer.

This week, Chesterfield Jobcentre, in the continuing attack on disabled and vulnerable people, sanctioned Craig Mason, disabled Aspergers Syndrome sufferer for apparently not doing enough to find work.

Craig however, has been doing his usual jobsearch via the Indeed job website since Universal Jobmatch does NOT record job applications from Job advertisements which link off-site. The clerk at the Jobcentre refused to understand this and it has never been explained to Craig that such applications will not be recorded.

Craig told Justice4Jobseekers today - "She looked on jobmatch website i rarely go on i prefer to use indeed and jobs today instead. They know i cannot physicaly do much as i have a condition that leaves me fatigued all the time i cannot do any lifting work and i have aspbergers yet they expect to to apply for jobs i cannot physically or mentaly do" - This seems to be a recurring pattern in Iain Duncan Smiths controversial, draconian and failing 'welfare reforms' and this is only one case.

Chesterfield Jobcentre have as yet, been unavailable to comment.

Please share this story and lets help Craig get the justice he deserves, and I mean SHARE! Make this one go viral!

You wrote that yourself, didn't you ken?

Guest MattP

Justice4jobseekers lol

Fcuk me, give me my free money! Injustice! I've got a bad foot!

Got a pay rise and bonus yesterday by being an asset to my company and without doubt directly generating large amounts of profit, far outweighing my cost. All that without one strike or 6 week holiday.

Great stuff, always good to hear of people progressing and doing well.

Got a pay rise and bonus yesterday by being an asset to my company and without doubt directly generating large amounts of profit, far outweighing my cost. All that without one strike or 6 week holiday.

Be nice if that happend everywhere. Sadly not.

Congrat's.

Edited by purpleronnie

You're missing the point massively Ken. The point is people should want to do this kind of thing without having to plaster videos all over the internet in order to not only gain praise from others, and also earn money from advertising plastered around said video which will be watched by thousands. If I want to volunteer, as you've so helpfully provided a link to a page explaining what that is, and give food etc to the homeless and the needy, I'd do it because I want to and not because I have my mate following me with a video camera in order to gain from it in someway. Putting these videos up isn't spreading the word like you think it is, it won't make people do it as well, certainly doesn't make me want to.

• Like 1

You're missing the point massively Ken. The point is people should want to do this kind of thing without having to plaster videos all over the internet in order to not only gain praise from others, and also earn money from advertising plastered around said video which will be watched by thousands. If I want to volunteer, as you've so helpfully provided a link to a page explaining what that is, and give food etc to the homeless and the needy, I'd do it because I want to and not because I have my mate following me with a video camera in order to gain from it in someway. Putting these videos up isn't spreading the word like you think it is, it won't make people do it as well, certainly doesn't make me want to.

You've saved me a reply and I wouldn't have put in as much effort either!

The do. The thing is few people know what affect cuts are having on disabled and vulnerable people. What do you want them to do sit back and ignore it. It is called promoting a cause and social medial is the modern way to do it like in a profiy making business. Volunteers are not paid and make those videos in their own time.

The video we made about DNO was not done to make money. It was made to show how people can be helped in many ways including returning to work. It also showed what progress those featured had made some who had been homeless at some point in their life or suffered some form of mental breakdown

Filmakers from DMU gave up their time to film and edit it. They may have their own business but on this occasion their time was unpaid. I am sure two of my colleagues do not work 40 hours for 15 hours pay just for the money. they do it because they believe in it.

Edited by Rincewind

The do. The thing is few people know what affect cuts are having on disabled and vulnerable people. What do you want them to do sit back and ignore it. It is called promoting a cause and social medial is the modern way to do it like in a profiy making business. Volunteers are not paid and make those videos in their own time.

The video we made about DNO was not done to make money. It was made to show how people can be helped in many ways including returning to work. It also showed what progress those featured had made some who had been homeless at some point in their life or suffered some form of mental breakdown

Filmakers from DMU gave up their time to film and edit it. They may have their own business but on this occasion their time was unpaid. I am sure two of my colleagues do not work 40 hours for 15 hours pay just for the money. they do it because they believe in it.

You're looking at it only from what you do. I'm not talking about DNO, and I'm talking about some douche and his mate posting videos on YouTube and Facebook to try and look like their amazing people when if they were amazing people they wouldn't need to show the world. I'm not talking about organisations posting info films to raise awareness.

You need to step back from all this at times, you link everything back to what you do.

If you are talking about one or two individuals I somehat agree but my point was the majority would not volunteer for profit alone. And in this day and age you have to keep up with technology. sometimes you have to take the radical route.

I misunderstood you. I suppose there are people all over the place and they would be the same no matter what video they made.

Edited by Rincewind

Procrastination. Had a list of things to do today, got one thing done so far and have to go out at 5pm...

Nobody to blame for it but myself.

I'm world procrastination champion. Didn't even have a lot to do today and I'm doing amazingly well at putting that off.