Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Though if you seriously believe everyone who voted for a party within the EPP knew they were voting for Juncker then it's pointless carrying on (ridiculous to compare it to us voting for a PM as well, absurd), but I suppose you can actually 'package' democracy how you want to these days.

I don't know I don't live in a country where any EPP candidates ran, so I didn't get any of their campaign material, it was from that article that I took that he would "spearhead" their campaign, but I have no idea if he did, how he did, how much that was a part of their campaign and how widespread it was.

The fact that we have no EPP MEP candidates is ridiculous, but that still doesn't make it undemocratic.

"Isn't it wonderful weather?!? Fantastic, it's 26 degrees! And it's going to be hotter tomorrow, don't you just love it?"

NO, I DON'T! I HATE BEING HOT AND SWEATY AND FEELING SICK AND HAVING A HEADACHE BECAUSE I'M WORKING IN THE MIDDAY SUN (THE ONE THAT THE GOVERNMENT SAYS WE SHOULD STAY OUT OF, BUT WHICH CERTAIN EMPLOYERS DON'T GIVE A TOSS ABOUT. (I have drunk enough water to fill a paddling pool.))

Roll on Autumn.

Which apparenly is the new Lynx fragence!

"Isn't it wonderful weather?!? Fantastic, it's 26 degrees! And it's going to be hotter tomorrow, don't you just love it?"

NO, I DON'T! I HATE BEING HOT AND SWEATY AND FEELING SICK AND HAVING A HEADACHE BECAUSE I'M WORKING IN THE MIDDAY SUN (THE ONE THAT THE GOVERNMENT SAYS WE SHOULD STAY OUT OF, BUT WHICH CERTAIN EMPLOYERS DON'T GIVE A TOSS ABOUT. (I have drunk enough water to fill a paddling pool.))

Roll on Autumn.

You can't scratch your head without breaking into a sweat.

8 in the morning until 8 at night & zero energy.  Water in the van that may as well have come out of the hot water tap

Old dears sitting reading the newspaper under a parasol asking if I can dig out a 6' shrub?  Are you taking the piss?

Roll on Autumn.

They all stink of foliage, especially Africa.

I'm not ready for 30 or 31 degrees tomorrow, our temporary office seems to catch all the sun and keeping all the windows and doors open makes bugger all difference. And when I get home I've got to fill a skip with old slabs and hardcore.

Miserable bastards. I'd knock another ten degrees on if I could. Love it.

I love the hot weather! Just stating some inconveniences that come with it! Would much prefer weather like today and tomorrow as opposed to freezing my ass off in December.

Guest MattP

You're a freak.

Yep. Everyone says that. I sat in the middle of the Grand Canyon a few years back, it was 44 degrees and the happiest I'd been for years, just lied in it for about 3 hours with a cool box full of beers imagining all the cowboys etc that had ridden through etc and all the history it must have seen.

Just realised how gay that part about the cowboys sounds.

30 degrees and 100% humidity over here, fvcking awful. Love dry heat ala Turkey/Greece/Middle East but heat with any kind of humidity is a nightmare.

Looking for jobs with the British Antarctic Survey as we speak.

Edited by leicsmac

I wish it was freezing all the time.

You need to become a Valur Reykjavik or Sever Murmansk fan. There'd be some babushkas up there to keep you warm at night.

Yep. Everyone says that. I sat in the middle of the Grand Canyon a few years back, it was 44 degrees and the happiest I'd been for years, just lied in it for about 3 hours with a cool box full of beers imagining all the cowboys etc that had ridden through etc and all the history it must have seen.

Just realised how gay that part about the cowboys sounds.

You were dreaming about Brokeback Mountain, Matt, come on out and admit it!  lol

Guest MattP

You were dreaming about Brokeback Mountain, Matt, come on out and admit it! lol

Tell you what, the film has ruined perceptions of cowboys among the youth, my cousin even told me the term cowboy is used as gay sometimes now.

I hope John Wayne is giving Heath Ledger a right kicking inside the pearly gates.

My office is air conned down to a chilly 18c and full of fans and I'm wearing a jumper yet loads of people are moaning about how hot it is. It isn't even hot outside, it's mid 20s. If you're overheating while doing nothing particularly physical in temperatures maxing out in the mid 20s then I'd suggest there's something wrong with you, there's no way any efficient working human body should be overheating in these kind of temperatures u less you're in direct sunlight and doing something which is elevating your heart rate.

• Like 1

Tell you what, the film has ruined perceptions of cowboys among the youth, my cousin even told me the term cowboy is used as gay sometimes now.

I hope John Wayne is giving Heath Ledger a right kicking inside the pearly gates.

Is that a new euphemism?

• Like 1