Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I wasn't trying to suggest you were stupid - apologies if it came across that way.

Maybe my post was a little succinct, but I was trying to determine your angle on this. (what grinds my gears) 'the Israelis', doesn't really tell us much.

I had only a minute to post something on this so I simply put "The Israelis" as I was angered and saddened by what appeared to be happening. I have since been enlightend (see above) and I am re-thinking. I just felt that the killing of children on a beach and the targeting of hospitals was inhuman and I was frustrated.

Right-o  :rolleyes:

The ignorance is astounding in this place sometimes.

Eh, you set up camp in civilian areas and you're responsible for those who die in the crossfire, because you've bought them into it. Israel could stand to let loose less rockets - they need fewer strikes in defence because Iron Dome is a fairly strong system - but Hamas are responsible for putting civilians in danger.

After reading the Doctor's posts on this page I seriously wouldn't let his views influence your opinions.

Why? because I'm not one of these eijits who think Palestine are perfect and Israel are all evil jewpacabras who murder small children while cackling maniacally? Both sides are at fault - Hamas for using civilians as human shields, Israel for using more force than is actually necessary.

Why? because I'm not one of these eijits who think Palestine are perfect and Israel are all evil jewpacabras who murder small children while cackling maniacally? Both sides are at fault - Hamas for using civilians as human shields, Israel for using more force than is actually necessary.

I don't think any of that either.

Here's a picture of Palestine over the years since 1946. The green is where Palestinians lived before they were forced to give up their homeland. The white is Jewish land.

f0byux.jpg

If that had happened to England in the same time frame, anyone who says we wouldn't have a similar situation right now is a little foolish. Those two tiny green parts in the picture on the right is all Palestinians have left, and more is being taken from them all the time.

I don't think any of that either.

Here's a picture of Palestine over the years since 1946. The green is where Palestinians lived before they were forced to give up their homeland. The white is Jewish land.

f0byux.jpg

If that had happened to England in the same time frame, anyone who says we wouldn't have a similar situation right now is a little foolish. Those two tiny green parts in the picture on the right is all Palestinians have left, and more is being taken from them all the time.

Very misleading - none of the green was Palestine until the final image. In the first one the land is entirely British, later on the land is split between Jordan and Egypt

• Like 2

On the subject of cackling while children are bombed we've seen this before, but people are pulling up chairs, watching and cheering. All sides have people cheering for this kind of thing in war. It's a sick world.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/15/world/middleeast/israelis-watch-bombs-drop-on-gaza-from-front-row-seats.html?_r=0

w0nn6x.jpg

Very misleading - none of the green was Palestine until the final image. In the first one the land is entirely British, later on the land is split between Jordan and Egypt

It was Palestinians homeland no matter which empire or power had rule over it at the time.

It was Palestinians homeland no matter which empire or power had rule over it at the time.

There has also been a significant Jewish presence for over 2,000 years. Palestine has never been a nation in the accepted sense of the word.

Drivers without common courtesy... 

So there was a crash on a main road near my house. Traffic backed up, in fact it took me 50 minutes to get from tesco to home via town (usually takes 15 minutes max).

Anyway, I didn't realise there had been a crash, I just put it down to volume of traffic, so I took the bypass home... Got to the bypass and eventually to the roundabout where I wanted to get off. Approached the roundabout and traffic is blocking straight across. I'm wanting to turn right. Anyway, idiot after idiot just blocked my exit meaning I couldn't move. Why would people do this? Surely common courtesy comes first, you can see there's a lot of traffic, so just stop and give way to people like me who want to turn right.

Such a horrid experience. So hot as well and to be sitting behind glass for so long was just frustrating. 

It's the Jewish homeland - that's partly why Jerusalem is their holy city. Or does it only count if it's not the jews (we all know you've a history of antisemitism)

It's the Jewish homeland - that's partly why Jerusalem is their holy city. Or does it only count if it's not the jews (we all know you've a history of antisemitism)

What, all of it is their homeland? Despite the fact that the vast majority of the population was traditionally Arab Muslims? In the 1800s, even Christians outnumbered Jews in Palestine. You have to go back to the beginning of the first century AD to find a Jewish majority in Palestine. A trend that remains until the end of the second world war.

I'm sorry but regardless of your feelings on the Israeli state, the actions of Hamas, the Islamic faith or Empty's poorly hidden anti-Semitism, it's a little bit difficult to question his point on in regards historical demographics and his map. 

• Like 1

Guest MattP

To be fair at least Ken has got the right religious groups this time.

He thought it was Jews and Hindus fighting about two years back on here.

What, all of it is their homeland? Despite the fact that the vast majority of the population was traditionally Arab Muslims? In the 1800s, even Christians outnumbered Jews in Palestine. You have to go back to the beginning of the first century AD to find a Jewish majority in Palestine. A trend that remains until the end of the second world war.

I'm sorry but regardless of your feelings on the Israeli state, the actions of Hamas, the Islamic faith or Empty's poorly hidden anti-Semitism, it's a little bit difficult to question his point on in regards historical demographics and his map. 

That region was the homeland of the jews - just as Wales, Scotland and NI was home to the celts. The Anglo-saxons outnumber the celts in all three nowadays, but they are still the homeland of the celts. The middle-east as a whole was predominantly Arab, but ethnic jews were indigenous to that region.

His map is utter crap -  Palestine didn't exist until the late 20th century, and land designated as Palestinian didn't arise until even more recently - the actual map is this one:

r75353.jpg

To be fair at least Ken has got the right religious groups this time.

He thought it was Jews and Hindus fighting about two years back on here.

Did I? It does get confusing with all the senseless wars and fighting around the world.

The infuriating thing about Israel is that they must know this attack will only mean more funding for Hamas, but they do it anyway. It never worked before and it won't now. This is so clearly not the solution.

But this all started again because of Hamas rockets. Even though they are able to repel the majority of the missiles you still can't blame them for retaliating to these attacks. Any other nation would do the same. While Hamas has shown it is not willing to negotiate nor compromise, they rejected the ceasefire and and will continue with its attacks Israel has a duty to protect her citizens.

Edited by Captain Pancake Face