Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

That the 606 website has closed and I can't reply and rub it in to these overly excited morons from Covhampton who believed our relegation to League One and subsequent managerial appointment would lead to years of oblivion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/html/NF10478962?thread=5591633

I think my favourite comment is:

Message 8. Posted by skybluehoulgate on Friday, 20th June 2008 permalink

Laughable appointment, to think they were tipped to land Paul Ince at one point, what a step down.

He will be gone by February, fact.

And that's being generous, at times like this I almost start feeling sorry for Leicester.

Almost.

SBH

#annoying

It's even worse when people say hashtag [something]. It's like when they say lol! Just laugh!!!

I've started saying things like "hashtag just saying" or "hashtag whatevs" ironically and mainly to annoy my girlfriend, but now I find myself saying it without thinking. I've managed to pass off the unintentional hashtags as irony so far but I'm worried I'm turning into a douchebag.

That the 606 website has closed and I can't reply and rub it in to these overly excited morons from Covhampton who believed our relegation to League One and subsequent managerial appointment would lead to years of oblivion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/html/NF10478962?thread=5591633

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol - time really hasn't been kind to them.

That damn Cheesestring advert, it makes me want to hurt people. Feels like it was made up as they went along, even though it has a computer animated character. The character is a dick, and he claims "I've got cheese for a head" - he's ENTIRELY cheese, well, cheese flavoured plastic.

Then it claims that Cheesestring is "Real cheese made fun" when they mean "Flavourless plastic that gets under your fingernails".

Then to top it off, a bunch of kids stand next to the cheese character and try to look hard. I wish the Pepperami twat would turn up and sodomise the damn Cheesestring

• Like 2

That damn Cheesestring advert, it makes me want to hurt people. Feels like it was made up as they went along, even though it has a computer animated character. The character is a dick, and he claims "I've got cheese for a head" - he's ENTIRELY cheese, well, cheese flavoured plastic.

Then it claims that Cheesestring is "Real cheese made fun" when they mean "Flavourless plastic that gets under your fingernails".

Then to top it off, a bunch of kids stand next to the cheese character and try to look hard. I wish the Pepperami twat would turn up and sodomise the damn Cheesestring

The next time you are out shopping you will unconscionably think I have seen that advertised I must have some' and it won't be until you are home and unpacking your groceries that you will think 'WTF did I buy that?'

Or not. :chant: 

The next time you are out shopping you will unconscionably think I have seen that advertised I must have some' and it won't be until you are home and unpacking your groceries that you will think 'WTF did I buy that?'

That is brilliant, Ken. A cross between 'unquestionably' and 'subconsciously' and it was done totally unintentionally.

Well there's a chance it'd end up in the basket, but not being a total idiot I'd put it straight back on the shelf and get some vintage cheddar or a lovely bit of Wensleydale with cranberry instead

That is brilliant, Ken. A cross between 'unquestionably' and 'subconsciously' and it was done totally unintentionally.

I used the spell checker I am sure it was corrected to that.

It is not the right word spelt incorrectly but the wrong word spelt correctly.

un·con·scion·a·ble  (ubreve.gifn-kobreve.gifnprime.gifshschwa.gif-nschwa.gif-bschwa.gifl)

adj.
1. Not restrained by conscience; unscrupulous: unconscionable behavior.
2. Beyond prudence or reason; excessive: unconscionable spending.
un·conprime.gifscion·a·ble·ness n.
un·conprime.gifscion·a·bly adv.

It was posted at 2.45am
Edited by Rincewind

unconscionably is a word but it wasn't used in the right context there.

1. Not restrained by conscience; unscrupulous: unconscionable behavior.
2. Beyond prudence or reason; excessive:

It is a word, but usually used in a legal sense when determining liability or guilt. Doesn't quite work in that sentence though.

It's been said a 100,000,000x over, but LAD culture infuriates me more each day. Mainly because the word seems to follow after every possible human action nowadays. A man helps an old lady across the street apparently means OAP-LAD, man donates money to charity makes him a CharityLAD. Stop it, please.

• Like 3

It is a word, but usually used in a legal sense when determining liability or guilt. Doesn't quite work in that sentence though.

It's been said a 100,000,000x over, but LAD culture infuriates me more each day. Mainly because the word seems to follow after every possible human action nowadays. A man helps an old lady across the street apparently means OAP-LAD, man donates money to charity makes him a CharityLAD. Stop it, please.

FoxesTalkLAD

• Like 1