Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Horror films and, more specifically, adverts for horror films, voiced by gravelly voiced american dudes.

I haven't been scared by a film since I was about 12.  

Whilst for me, those dudes are trying too hard and are, for those of us that can break down the 3rd wall and suspend our disbelief, laughable, Mrs Vac has made it very clear that I am not allowed to watch horror in the house, even briefly and on a channle flicking basis, in case I fall asleep and she is "left alone" with the scarey voiced people being scary... 

:rolleyes:

Horror films and, more specifically, adverts for horror films, voiced by gravelly voiced american dudes.

I haven't been scared by a film since I was about 12.  

Whilst for me, those dudes are trying too hard and are, for those of us that can break down the 3rd wall and suspend our disbelief, laughable, Mrs Vac has made it very clear that I am not allowed to watch horror in the house, even briefly and on a channle flicking basis, in case I fall asleep and she is "left alone" with the scarey voiced people being scary... 

:rolleyes:

Similarly, the voiceover announcers on Britain's Got Talent and the X Factor.

The useless, clueless, dizzy **** that does the film reviews on Radio One.

How the **** did she ever get the job and how the hell does she get paid to watch films and I don't? She's absolutely awful.

As said before, its typical Radio 1.

What annoys me about Radio 1 is the massively patronising tone of Newsbeat. I know its marketed towards under 30s but come on, its not bloody Newsround.

And Nick Grimshaw too, he thinks he's cooler than he actually is.

As said before, its typical Radio 1.

What annoys me about Radio 1 is the massively patronising tone of Newsbeat. I know its marketed towards under 30s but come on, its not bloody Newsround.

And Nick Grimshaw too, he thinks he's cooler than he actually is.

Didn't they refocus towards under 18s a couple of years back? It does sound like the radio equivalent of cbbc during the day these days. If you want a decent breakfast show then Shaun Keaveny on 6 music is pretty good in spite of his love for dad rock. Radio 4 for proper news. Edited by MooseBreath

Didn't they refocus towards under 18s a couple of years back? It does sound like the radio equivalent of cbbc during the day these days. If you want a decent breakfast show then Shaun Keaveny on 6 music is pretty good in spite of his love for dad rock. Radio 4 for proper news.

Only just discovered 6 music recently, great station.

And whats wrong with dad rock??? :)

Edited by Mark WNI

My phone going into meltdown whenever I enter the King Power Stadium!

Well internet wise anyway, it says it has 3G but it contradicts that by saying I have no internet connection when I try and use it. Anyone else the same?

Oh and kids getting up and down, up and down, up and down during the match - mind you the parents ain't much better - I'm all for supporting standing and do want it to come back, but in this present time where we're supposed to sit, I do not want to keep getting up for some kid to keep going for a piss every 5 minutes, if they're not going for a piss they're going for sweets. It doesn't end there though, these idiots then forget where they were sitting and end up standing in the aisle blocking my view, these idiots are causing me to miss a fair bit of the game if I added it all up.

• Like 1

Well internet wise anyway, it says it has 3G but it contradicts that by saying I have no internet connection when I try and use it. Anyone else the same?

Oh and kids getting up and down, up and down, up and down during the match - mind you the parents ain't much better - I'm all for supporting standing and do want it to come back, but in this present time where we're supposed to sit, I do not want to keep getting up for some kid to keep going for a piss every 5 minutes, if they're not going for a piss they're going for sweets. It doesn't end there though, these idiots then forget where they were sitting and end up standing in the aisle blocking my view, these idiots are causing me to miss a fair bit of the game if I added it all up.

My phone is the same but I presume it's something to do with the volume of people probably also trying to access internet at the same time. Although my Everton-supporting friend was impressed we had 4G in our ground so they must be doing something right (not for us 3G minions though!).

Kids - agree with for the most part but I must say the one in front of me in C2 (row Z on the aisle) was well behaved and seemed intent on watching the game. No hassle. It was his dad who pissed me off. Needed a fvcking bath and shower or 3. He (or his shirt) absolutely stank. He'd stand up and I'd get a whiff of some of the most revolting BO I'd ever smelt. 

My phone is the same but I presume it's something to do with the volume of people probably also trying to access internet at the same time. Although my Everton-supporting friend was impressed we had 4G in our ground so they must be doing something right (not for us 3G minions though!).

Kids - agree with for the most part but I must say the one in front of me in C2 (row Z on the aisle) was well behaved and seemed intent on watching the game. No hassle. It was his dad who pissed me off. Needed a fvcking bath and shower or 3. He (or his shirt) absolutely stank. He'd stand up and I'd get a whiff of some of the most revolting BO I'd ever smelt. 

:sick: - That's another grind, there is no need for that.

Yeah got nothing against kids going if they sit there and watch the game - they are the future, but I was never taken to a 'proper' game until my dad knew I was interested and would sit there and watch it, until then he took me to FNF matches.

It was horrendous. Bernie smelt like a new aftershave compared to this guy. 

Anyway, I can't really remember how I was as a kid watching matches but I don't think I was fidgety or as bad as some kids around. Some of the kids you see today genuinely look like they're not even bothered and it probably is the parents pushing them to come to the game.

Yeah internet hasn't worked for me the last couple of season but just got a new 4g capable phone and that worked with no problems so like it's been said must be network congestion for 3G

As for kids I agree they should have some sort of interest before being taken I had a young boy in front of me who was fed up after by 30 mins and kept asking if it was time to go home yet