Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

It was horrendous. Bernie smelt like a new aftershave compared to this guy. 

Anyway, I can't really remember how I was as a kid watching matches but I don't think I was fidgety or as bad as some kids around. Some of the kids you see today genuinely look like they're not even bothered and it probably is the parents pushing them to come to the game.

I hope you aren't a season ticket holder, maybe leave a note like they did at stockport.

article-0-1A658CDF00000578-562_634x448.j

• Like 2

My phone is the same but I presume it's something to do with the volume of people probably also trying to access internet at the same time. Although my Everton-supporting friend was impressed we had 4G in our ground so they must be doing something right (not for us 3G minions though!).

Kids - agree with for the most part but I must say the one in front of me in C2 (row Z on the aisle) was well behaved and seemed intent on watching the game. No hassle. It was his dad who pissed me off. Needed a fvcking bath and shower or 3. He (or his shirt) absolutely stank. He'd stand up and I'd get a whiff of some of the most revolting BO I'd ever smelt.

I sit on row h and thought the bloke behind me stunk, could it be that the bloke your talking about was so rank it actually travelled down to me?

The amount of supporters from one club getting through to radio phone-ins. Now, I know Man United have a lot of supporters, but do they really take up 80% of the people who ring in to these shows?

Yes, they are a big club and it was a shock they lost, but could we have some variety with the callers and their subjects?

The amount of supporters from one club getting through to radio phone-ins. Now, I know Man United have a lot of supporters, but do they really take up 80% of the people who ring in to these shows?

Yes, they are a big club and it was a shock they lost, but could we have some variety with the callers and their subjects?

Talking of radio phone in's - Peter (? Think his name is Peter) a regular caller/moaner on Radio Leicester, did anyone hear that prick yesterday?

Edited by Matt

Talking of radio phone in's - Peter (? Think his name is Peter) a regular caller/moaner on Radio Leicester, did anyone hear that prick yesterday?

I try to avoid the phone in and switch on intermittently until Pearson is interviewed. The RL phone in is full of, depending on the result, fans who go over the top either way.

People hounding you to give money to charity. I like to raise money myself whenever I'm running a marathon or something (and will happily share the link to a justgiving page where my friends/family can donate) but sometimes people take it a bit far.

I live in Birstall and over the last couple of days you can't walk in the co-op without a couple of people approaching you to talk about deaf children and hanging around by the exit to try again when you leave. Just had another actually knock on my door trying to get me to donate.

It's the same in town; there's a number of those hovering around on Gallowtree Gate and Market Street stopping people and trying to get money for some charity or other. If they've set up a little stall on the side somewhere and people can go up to them if they want to know more, or donate, then fair enough but I hate the idea of people having their day interrupted to be force-fed something. 

Edited by Asha

People hounding you to give money to charity. I like to raise money myself whenever I'm running a marathon or something (and will happily share the link to a justgiving page where my friends/family can donate) but sometimes people take it a bit far.

I live in Birstall and over the last couple of days you can't walk in the co-op without a couple of people approaching you to talk about deaf children and hanging around by the exit to try again when you leave. Just had another actually knock on my door trying to get me to donate.

It's the same in town; there's a number of those hovering around on Gallowtree Gate and Market Street stopping people and trying to get money for some charity or other. If they've set up a little stall on the side somewhere and people can go up to them if they want to know more, or donate, then fair enough but I hate the idea of people having their day interrupted to be force-fed something. 

I've started getting them coming to my door in the evening now. Once I was at work and my girlfriend was cooking some food and the guy told her "don't worry, I can come in the kitchen while you cook". Errr, no you can't random man from the street.

We had charity people knock on our door last week (unfortunately other members of the family were going out at the same time they were doing their rounds, meaning my sliding down the sofa and out of view was futile). They spoke for 10 minutes about all the great work they do, I didn't have the bottle to let them down gently so got my Mum from upstairs to tell them we weren't interested :blush: Such a wimp.

I've started getting them coming to my door in the evening now. Once I was at work and my girlfriend was cooking some food and the guy told her "don't worry, I can come in the kitchen while you cook". Errr, no you can't random man from the street.

I don't even let them speak. Door opened, door closed. Very satisfying.

****ing chuggers.

Not experienced charity people knocking on mt door. Problem is now there is 9 months to an election charities have to be careful how they promote. If they want to change something and it is in a partys manifesto iy is deemed as campaigning for that party and charities are reliant on donations and cannot afford the fees or fines that it may incur. Even charities like the RNL and the British Legion have to be careful what they say/ So the gagging law has to take part of the blame.

Anyway on Sunday the Leicester Market will be taken over by cgarities organisations and clubs and they won't be knocking at your door that day. You can go to them.

If I'd had a gun? I would've shot? the two Australian girls in my hostel? who decided to chat loudly at 8am yesterday morning? and who ended every sentence with an upward inflection? as if they were questions?

Edited by bovril

People who say "I get that" instead of I understand. Or " let's talk offline" I hear that in work. Or who leave an email saying " I'm out the business next week" Instead of saying I'm on my jollies. Do you get that?

One more thing

Edited by shill

Only got a car a few months ago, started to listening to talksport.

I didn't realise the only team in the world was Manchester United...

What about the Daily Arsenal? Or Adrian Durham spouting on about the Posh when they draw Plymouth Argyle in another enthralling Johnson Paint Can fixture?

It is ridiculous though. I hate the RL moan in but some people and their opinions on TalkSport make me sick. Every Man Utd and Liverpool fan on that station has a southern accent.