Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Blimey Matt I should have invited you on some of my businesses trips.  I even found the Concorde Room really dull and boring, clubhouse lounge was decent but it had the most annoying American couple in threre which ruined it. Cathay Pacific was pretty nice but unfortunately I had to be there with my Boss who spent the entire time talking about his gallstones..

Thankfully I don't have to travel very often thesedays.

Blimey Matt I should have invited you on some of my businesses trips. I even found the Concorde Room really dull and boring, clubhouse lounge was decent but it had the most annoying American couple in threre which ruined it. Cathay Pacific was pretty nice but unfortunately I had to be there with my Boss who spent the entire time talking about his gallstones..

Can you invite me ronnie, it's all about the people, no matter how full, a few jars and Let the fun begin

Can you invite me ronnie, it's all about the people, no matter how full, a few jars and Let the fun begin

I used to get a free ticket every trip too :ph34r: , most of the time it went back to the company, now that I look back that was such a waste,  I'm sure I could have got someone to tag along it would have made it more bearable than being on my own, maybe that's why I found it such a tedious experience.  Unfortunately after 2010 they stopped the 2nd ticket but did increase my expenses.  It's rare that I have to travel thesedays.

I had to smile that Rincewind has +1'd this comment. I'd somehow never imagined he'd have much knowledge of airport business lounges. >_<

I like the comical description from a writing POV. I would imagine there is a little truth in in as it goes on. It cannot be denied that there are people that look down on others. There has been in the past and there always will be. Human nature.

lol

I was detained at McCarren to sober up once coming in from San Francisco, had been on it all day and they even let me through security having crawled through the scanner on hands and knees. I flew to Oz on my own as well and used the virgin first class lounge at Hong Kong on a 5 hour transfer, hit the grey goose, must have had 20-25 shots and ended up having to be carried up the escalator and driven to the boarding gate.

I absolutely love airports. As soon as you are through security it's great, always meet some amazing characters in the bars.

I bet they think the same about you too. : I'll get you a pint next time I see you but don't expect 25 Grey Gooses.

Guest MattP

Blimey Matt I should have invited you on some of my businesses trips. I even found the Concorde Room really dull and boring, clubhouse lounge was decent but it had the most annoying American couple in threre which ruined it. Cathay Pacific was pretty nice but unfortunately I had to be there with my Boss who spent the entire time talking about his gallstones..

Yeah it would be shite on business. All that free booze and not being able to smash it whilst in the company of work colleagues.

Yeah it would be shite on business. All that free booze and not being able to smash it whilst in the company of work colleagues.

Sounds like you might have an alcohol problem, just because there is free alcohol available doesn't mean you have to drink it.

• Like 1

Sounds like you might have an alcohol problem, just because there is free alcohol available doesn't mean you have to drink it.

Yeah had one for years, fun though.

Your employer constantly preaching their wonderful values then treating you like absolute shit every day.

Do they have a professionally created corporate song to remind you of those values?

My ex's former employer had one.  Lines in the song did not include:

It's a den of poisonous snakes

They'd shit on your face to progress their careers

Earn a high salary

That given the hours you are expected to work

Isn't that much more than minimum wage

Woah yeah

• Like 1

Being a law graduate. I am working in the legal area post qualification. But, to reach the area of law that I want to work in I still need to spend another £8,000+ on the LPC and then there's still no guarantee, as they will require experience. Experience that most graduates are unable to get because employers won't employ somebody without experience. And the circle continues.. It would probably be a lot easier if I had a double barreled surname and was the son of a Lord.

Being a law graduate. I am working in the legal area post qualification. But, to reach the area of law that I want to work in I still need to spend another £8,000+ on the LPC and then there's still no guarantee, as they will require experience. Experience that most graduates are unable to get because employers won't employ somebody without experience. And the circle continues.. It would probably be a lot easier if I had a double barreled surname and was the son of a Lord.

My wife spent £11,000 to take the BVC in 2008 and still hasn't found a pupillage to become a fully qualified Barrister, it's tough out there but you have to gamble to move forward. Connections help, as does the right university.