Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/michael-sam-christian-lobby-group-of-thousands-set-to-protest-dallas-cowboys-for-signing-first-openly-gay-nfl-player-9714718.html?dkdk

Couldn't be bothered to start a new topic about this. Religious fanatics at it again in the States. Anybody who thinks our country is backwards only need look over the pond.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/michael-sam-christian-lobby-group-of-thousands-set-to-protest-dallas-cowboys-for-signing-first-openly-gay-nfl-player-9714718.html?dkdk

Couldn't be bothered to start a new topic about this. Religious fanatics at it again in the States. Anybody who thinks our country is backwards only need look over the pond.

That's a pretty narrow minded view of the US. Just because some people find homosexuality a sin doesn't mean everyone does. The first amendment protects the right to free speech no matter how hateful.

That's a pretty narrow minded view of the US. Just because some people find homosexuality a sin doesn't mean everyone does. The first amendment protects the right to free speech no matter how hateful.

No-one is denying them their right to speak. It's not an infringement upon a person's freedom to say you find their views offensive.

That's why I said Religious Fanatics and not the entire nation. The point about being backward was aimed at them also. Although, as a general point I do think America is very backward in many ways, but that can be expected from such a vast nation with varying cultures.

The Human Rights Act and European Convention allows for freedom of speech, and freedom of thought conscience and religion, but that still needs to be balanced against the rights and interests of others. 

That's why I said Religious Fanatics and not the entire nation. The point about being backward was aimed at them also. Although, as a general point I do think America is very backward in many ways, but that can be expected from such a vast nation with varying cultures.

The Human Rights Act and European Convention allows for freedom of speech, and freedom of thought conscience and religion, but that still needs to be balanced against the rights and interests of others. 

Have you spent much time in the US or with Americans?