Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Where did you go to out of interest?

New York (City and state), Vegas and Miami last summer. I assume your point is that I didn't experience the true locals and how real Americans live? I've been down to the deep south and into Mexico in the past also, but still a ridiculous amount that I've not seen.

I have never meant that all of the US is backward thinking. But, nothing can take away the fact that large parts of America are as religiously fanatical as it gets and their views are somewhat barbaric. Other parts are some of the most modern and forward thinking in the world also.

New York (City and state), Vegas and Miami last summer. I assume your point is that I didn't experience the true locals and how real Americans live? I've been down to the deep south and into Mexico in the past also, but still a ridiculous amount that I've not seen.

I have never meant that all of the US is backward thinking. But, nothing can take away the fact that large parts of America are as religiously fanatical as it gets and their views are somewhat barbaric. Other parts are some of the most modern and forward thinking in the world also.

I was actually just interested. I have lived in the US for 27 years and there are parts I haven't seen.

I did wonder if you had spent the summer in somewhere like Alabama or Arkansas where you might form an opinion as to how conservative and insular some Americans are. However, New York, Vegas and Miami are the last places you would get that impression. I shouldn't have picked on you, there are more on here with myopic views on the US than you seem to have.

Have a nice weekend, oh wait that's so Amer........ lol

I was actually just interested. I have lived in the US for 27 years and there are parts I haven't seen.

I did wonder if you had spent the summer in somewhere like Alabama or Arkansas where you might form an opinion as to how conservative and insular some Americans are. However, New York, Vegas and Miami are the last places you would get that impression. I shouldn't have picked on you, there are more on here with myopic views on the US than you seem to have.

Have a nice weekend, oh wait that's so Amer........ lol

Haha I'm not an American hater at all. I love the place and a lot of the people. Would love to see so much more of it. Hope you're getting coverage of the Liechester out there!

How shiny new debit/credit cards get wore out so quickly. My ageing debit card is an eyesore in my wallet yet other people's debit cards seem to last longer ha.

Slip a chamois leather in your card holder, the card will be buffed smooth every time you take it out

Haha I'm not an American hater at all. I love the place and a lot of the people. Would love to see so much more of it. Hope you're getting coverage of the Liechester out there!

Yep between NBC, ESPN, Bein and Fox I've got most football matches covered. We've just moved to North Easton in MA, Foxborough is 14 minutes from here so maybe get in an MLS game next year.

• Like 1

Slip a chamois leather in your card holder, the card will be buffed smooth every time you take it out

humblebrag? 

Can not be bothered with wrapping every debit/credit card I have in chamois leather. Now, that is what I call a humblebrag!

How exactly does it give more rights to either?  They both have the right to be equally vile and hateful, it is just not very likely.

Perhaps more rights is the wrong phrase, but it considers white supremacy more acceptable than homosexuality (white supremacy not being a crime while homosexuality brings reduced rights in I think 30 states)

The member of staff watching me as I use the self service check out at Asda.

Its usually after 3am that I nip to Asda and one would think its a perfect time to loot some biscuits or maybe cheese but there is this bítch who doesnt even try to hide the fact she is assuming I will run off without paying and just stands there watching over me like I'm a criminal.

Still on topic, is it safe to steal the various sweets/chocolate bars/mints etc they have on display right next to the check outs? Surely they wouldnt make it so easy unless they have cameras on you.  

Its usually after 3am that I nip to Asda and one would think its a perfect time to loot some biscuits or maybe cheese but there is this bítch who doesnt even try to hide the fact she is assuming I will run off without paying and just stands there watching over me like I'm a criminal.

Still on topic, is it safe to steal the various sweets/chocolate bars/mints etc they have on display right next to the check outs? Surely they wouldnt make it so easy unless they have cameras on you.

Security card follows me (alone) everytime I go shopping since my eldest got caught shoplifting.

Trying to make an overpayment on the mortgage. Went into my local branch, the cashier said she didn't know how to arrange it in branch and didn't know if I could do it online so she gave me a number to call. Which turned out to be inactive. Got the right number, had to hold for a total of 15 minutes and talk to 2 different operators before it was paid. Ridiculous!

How shiny new debit/credit cards get wore out so quickly. My ageing debit card is an eyesore in my wallet yet other people's debit cards seem to last longer ha.

I had my credit card stolen.

I've not reported it - the thief is spending less than the missus was...

• Like 3

Cvnts like this.

Public 'infuriated' after Conservative MP's car found parked in disabled bay

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/public-infuriated-after-conservative-mps-car-found-parked-in-disabled-bay--eyXrcCnzVg

Saw that the other day but a bad idea for me to post it even though there would be a consensus of agreement..

I post more than my fair share of this sort of thing. I should cut down. Let others have a go.

Edited by Rincewind

Yeah similar thing happened to me.

I was buying some normal things like steak, nandos sauce etc, but I was also buying lube and condoms. I went to the self service checkout and the first thing that I scanned was the condoms and chucked them in the bag, an alert appeared which stated "please place the item in the bagging area" I was like yo wtf it's in there. But cos they are so light nowadays the weight did no register so the alarm went off and the red light appeared above my head like some satanic halo, the broad working comes over and is like "ohhhhh now I know what you are buying hahahaha and ohhh lube as well hahaha".

I was like yeah well done scan the thing now get out of my sight.