Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The whole video was a pisstake about how the guy's son wants to now be a pig instead of a doctor, I have no idea how some people fell for it. After all though it is Facebook which is only used by few other than the dregs of society these days

I still use Facebook because I long ago culled the few people that were likely to share the made up inflammatory nonsense that litters your timeline if you're friends with complete dunces.  I still retain one person of this ilk just to see what sort of bollocks is clogging up the minds of Joe Pubic, so I've recently been able to enjoy the unfocussed ire of a quite large group of people that believe they are effectively being forced to eat Halal food, pretty much all of the time. Needless to say the debate was heavy on outrage and extremely light on insight, evidence or fact of any sort.

You couldn't make it up, except you can

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

Nationalism of the love-your-own-country-without-question-and-hate-other-countries kind rather than the love-your-own-country-enough-to-call-it-out-when-they're-screwing-up kind.

Please don't give these sorts as example's of nationalists or patriots, they aren't. They are idiots.

Please explain.... England? Scotland? Korea?

All of it, really. English nationalists wanting the secession to succeed on account of knowing Scotland will probably collapse and thoroughly enjoying it, as well as knowing they'll be top of the heap politically in England for the foreseeable future. Scottish nationalists using emotive language to dupe as much of their population as possible into thinking they can manage on their own for any length of time financially. Nationalists around the world using this whole thing as an excuse to say how much a second-rate nation the UK is today (have you seen what the Chinese have been saying - along with extolling the virtues of their own 'stable' Government, of course).

The whole idea of nation-states playing off against each other and realpolitik just flat out pisses me off right now. Cynical, abusive and allows the worst excesses of humanity to be carried out.

Please don't give these sorts as example's of nationalists or patriots, they aren't. They are idiots.

I know, that's true. But there seems to be so many of them about.

• Like 1

Given we are the fastest growing economy in Western Europe and for the first time since the 60's have a higher percentage of people employed than the US I'd say we are doing ok.

Put it this way, which countries should be laughing at us?

I'd imagine the UK is a bit of a laughing stock on the world stage right now we don't really have a lot going for us.

mmmmmm, it seems a pretty popular place to come to, and as matt said we seem to be doing pretty well, not perfect but certainly better than a lot of others, but it's normal for brit's to knock their own country no matter what.

Given we are the fastest growing economy in Western Europe and for the first time since the 60's have a higher percentage of people employed than the US I'd say we are doing ok.

Put it this way, which countries should be laughing at us?

Evidently the ones for whom even the thought of - let alone the serious possibility of - separatism after 300 years together at great cost would be very amusing as they believe it would lead to a weaker nation.

mmmmmm, it seems a pretty popular place to come to, and as matt said we seem to be doing pretty well, not perfect but certainly better than a lot of others, but it's normal for brit's to knock their own country no matter what.

True, but I'd take the self-depreciation over my-country-right-or-wrong any day.

Evidently the ones for whom even the thought of - let alone the serious possibility of - separatism after 300 years together at great cost would be very amusing as they believe it would lead to a weaker nation.

True, but I'd take the self-depreciation over my-country-right-or-wrong any day.

Self deprecation is one thing but unjustified negativity is another.

I can't quote everyone but I don't feel particularly happy with the way the country is going.

Our productivity appears to be falling. Any growth is fuelled by mass immigration and I'm not convinced that is a viable policy long term.

The loss of Scotland will weaken the Union.

We've seen the rise of right wing politics and now it looks like we might even have UKIP MPs.

Left Liberalism seems to have fallen out of favour and I think anti liberal feeling is propagated my global media.

Foreign policy has been poor and we have British born people fighting for terrorist organisations.

Edited by ADK

We've seen the rise of right wing politics and now it looks like we might even have UKIP MPs.

Left Liberalism seems to have fallen out of favour and I think anti liberal feeling is propagated my global media.

I think it's the the "I'm so liberal you can gangrape the children and I'll look away" stuff that has turned people against it here rather than the global media.

The above is the consequence of enforcing it over many years through aggression and intimidation. You lot only have yourselves to blame. Just be grateful it wasn't the BNP marching into Westminster now, it could have been had it all outed a few years earlier.

I can't quote everyone but I don't feel particularly happy with the way the country is going.

Our productivity appears to be falling. Any growth is fuelled by mass immigration and I'm not convinced that is a viable policy long term.

The loss of Scotland will weaken the Union.

Foreign policy has been poor and we have British born people fighting for terrorist organisations.

How will the loss of Scotland weaken the union, genuine question as I can't think of a single one ?

How will the loss of Scotland weaken the union, genuine question as I can't think of a single one ?

Assuming by "union" we mean the rest of the current UK,

Loss of north sea oil/gas, loss of fishing waters. Many of our military bases are in Scotland. Loss of collective GDP and bargaining power. Harder to control our borders. Economic competitor on our doorstep. Probably an increase in administrative costs. There are probably more.

Assuming by "union" we mean the rest of the current UK,

Loss of north sea oil/gas, loss of fishing waters. Many of our military bases are in Scotland. Loss of collective GDP and bargaining power. Harder to control our borders. Economic competitor on our doorstep. Probably an increase in administrative costs. There are probably more.

Ok with you on some but seriously " harder to control our borders "  That went many years ago do to being in Europe. And Scotland being a serious Economic competitor  on our door step ? We have been propping up that economy for there hundred years, they first agreed to be part of the union because they were bankrupt.

We are no longer a military might and I for one welcome  the loss of military bases. And as for Oil and gas we import much more than we get from the North sea and the Jocks would still have to sell it to us anyway so it's not as if we would grind to a halt. For obvious reasons no politician at the moment is going to point out the advantages to the rest of the UK if Scotland vote yes, But there must be many not least getting rid of the financial burden that country has always been. Plus the Tories will be cracking open the champagne because it will be the end of Labour as a political power.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU

Thank **** the liberals are not popular in the UK.

The **** are you on about? We're a hugely liberal people on the whole. Even a lot of our Tory voters are pretty socially liberal, tolerant, open minded people compared to conservatives in the states.

Your problem is you think "liberal" means tree hugging, middle class, Guardian reading hippy.

That's about as ridiculous as claiming every conservative is a jackboot wearing skin head or a psychopathic multi national CEO.

We have a hung government, clearly "liberal" people aren't quite tiny minority. Don't be daft.

• Like 4