Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The **** are you on about? We're a hugely liberal people on the whole. Even a lot of our Tory voters are pretty socially liberal, tolerant, open minded people compared to conservatives in the states.

Your problem is you think "liberal" means tree hugging, middle class, Guardian reading hippy.

That's about as ridiculous as claiming every conservative is a jackboot wearing skin head or a psychopathic multi national CEO.

We have a hung government, clearly "liberal" people aren't quite tiny minority. Don't be daft.

oh hey :wub:

The **** are you on about? We're a hugely liberal people on the whole. Even a lot of our Tory voters are pretty socially liberal, tolerant, open minded people compared to conservatives in the states.

Your problem is you think "liberal" means tree hugging, middle class, Guardian reading hippy.

That's about as ridiculous as claiming every conservative is a jackboot wearing skin head or a psychopathic multi national CEO.

We have a hung government, clearly "liberal" people aren't quite tiny minority. Don't be daft.

I wish I could +1 this over and over for the "psychopathic multinational CEO" line.

I wish I could +1 this over and over for the "psychopathic multinational CEO" line.

I tend to agree. I am a liberal minded person but not in the hippie tree hugging way. I think of liberal as having consideration and respect for other people non-discriminatory and having a little  compassion for those less unfortunate than oneself. I do not consider those to be bad things. In fact right wing conservatives (America at least) are often Christians which has the same values but they tend to ignore them. Being a Secularist and Humanist I follow similar values but without the relious and prejudices parts. 

I have no doubt that there are many Torys that do good work in their community. Not so sure about UKIP and BNP though.

I think it all comes down to the individual. If a person is more active in doing what they believe is right they may be looked down upon as a 'leftie liberal do-gooder' A strange derogatory label for somebody who cares for others.

I tend to agree. I am a liberal minded person but not in the hippie tree hugging way. I think of liberal as having consideration and respect for other people non-discriminatory and having a little  compassion for those less unfortunate than oneself. I do not consider those to be bad things. In fact right wing conservatives (America at least) are often Christians which has the same values but they tend to ignore them. Being a Secularist and Humanist I follow similar values but without the relious and prejudices parts. 

I have no doubt that there are many Torys that do good work in their community. Not so sure about UKIP and BNP though.

I think it all comes down to the individual. If a person is more active in doing what they believe is right they may be looked down upon as a 'leftie liberal do-gooder' A strange derogatory label for somebody who cares for others.

Our local UKIP councillor organises Xmas hampers for the elderly in the village and puts on a christmas dinner/disco for them on the 25th all out of his own pocket.

I also don't think we are in any position to be accusing America of producing religious extremists given what we are currently seeing with hundreds maybe thousands of our citizens travelling across the World to fight and die for Islamic State.

Fair enough Matt. I did say not sure because of some their views but I also said it is the individual. The Muslim community are one of the biggest contributors to drop in centres in Leicester helping out alongside other faiths. During Ramadam (?) they collect vast amounts for the community. I have not heard of extremists hidden within their midst. I am not defending them as Muslims but good people that happen to be born into a culture that follow that belief.

The UKIP MP you mentioned sounds  a decent bloke but I wonder if all his views are extreme as other members?

Fair enough Matt. I did say not sure because of some their views but I also said it is the individual. The Muslim community are one of the biggest contributors to drop in centres in Leicester helping out alongside other faiths. During Ramadam (?) they collect vast amounts for the community. I have not heard of extremists hidden within their midst. I am not defending them as Muslims but good people that happen to be born into a culture that follow that belief.

The UKIP MP you mentioned sounds  a decent bloke but I wonder if all his views are extreme as other members?

I honestly have no idea what you are going on about.

And everyone is really open about whether or not they are extremists.

Not to mention clearly getting confused between Sikhs and Muslims.

http://www.sikhalliance.com/2013/04/8-10-tonnes-collected-at-vaisakhi-food_14.html

On Sunday 13th April the Sikh community of Leicester, along with the Leicestershire Sikh Alliance, Kaurageous Leicester and the Leicester Council of Gurdwara’s teamed up with charities, FareShare, British Red Cross and The Dawn Centre and held a Vaisakhi Food Drive at Guru Tegh Bahadur Gurdwara on East Park Road.

People who watch tv or listen to music at lunch without headphones - I don't want to listen to fecking Coldplay or celebrity juice, I'm here to have a sit down and eat my lunch ffs.

Height of rudeness that, people have started doing it on buses as well. Lack of manners aroudn these days is appalling.

lol

I find it bizarre drop in centres ask for your religion before you make a donation.

did i say they did. The fact can be found by Googling. They collect among their own community during their fasting time whatever it is. I also said they volunteer alongside other faiths and churches which would include Sikhs COE RC  or whatever These are NOT extremists in their respective faiths. They are normal people wanting to help out. What are you expecting at these places fisticuffs? As I have said on numerous occasions their religion does not matter to me I look at what kind of person they are first. As long as they do not try and convert me I am fine with them.The only ones that make good headlines are the bad ones and all I am doing is saying that there are good and bad people the world over regardless of gender, colour or faith.

That is the way I view things and I do not apologise for that.

Now if you excuse me I need to pick up a membership card from the Regent club. Bye. :)

did i say they did. The fact can be found by Googling. They collect among their own community during their fasting time whatever it is. I also said they volunteer alongside other faiths and churches which would include Sikhs COE RC  or whatever These are NOT extremists in their respective faiths. They are normal people wanting to help out. What are you expecting at these places fisticuffs? As I have said on numerous occasions their religion does not matter to me I look at what kind of person they are first. As long as they do not try and convert me I am fine with them.The only ones that make good headlines are the bad ones and all I am doing is saying that there are good and bad people the world over regardless of gender, colour or faith.

That is the way I view things and I do not apologise for that.

Now if you excuse me I need to pick up a membership card from the Regent club. Bye. :)

Weren't you the one who said all Christians are right wing bigots?

This doesn't really belong in here, maybe I should start a thread called 'so incompetent its funny', but anything to do with East Midland Trains.

I sent them an email yesterday asking for certain information and despite my name forming part of my email address and despite signing off with 'Thanks, Michael' they still started their reply with 'Dear Madam' lol I do love them.