Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

lol Apparently along with it not being possible to check a post of blatant spelling mistakes, it's now impossible to check if you've typed half of it with caps lock on, before hitting the post button. lol

Stick in a few unchecked irrelevant links to spurious websites and a story about a time he met someone who had absolutely nothing to do with the topic of discussion, chuck in a few prices for various food items and drinks, JOBS Q GOOD ON

...is Ken a bot?

and... the people that then comment on the story with such gems as "gonna get one for my husband" or better still... "want one"

People who don't want to work. In the last 3 weeks the company I work for took on 4 temps from an agency.

Today we had to get rid of the 3rd one after he didn't show up twice this week, once last week and had to go home early once the week before.

Another one was caught asleep in the locker room on night shifts last week. And another refused to go on shifts when he was asked to.

The only one that has been any good is being made permanent next week. They recognised he was a hard worker, always turned up on time and was willing to do overtime at the weekends when needed.

People who don't want to work. In the last 3 weeks the company I work for took on 4 temps from an agency.

Today we had to get rid of the 3rd one after he didn't show up twice this week, once last week and had to go home early once the week before.

Another one was caught asleep in the locker room on night shifts last week. And another refused to go on shifts when he was asked to.

The only one that has been any good is being made permanent next week. They recognised he was a hard worker, always turned up on time and was willing to do overtime at the weekends when needed.

I suppose it's good that if you do show up and put the effort in you will be rewarded.

One of my friends sister's was sacked from her temp position the other week at a school as in her own words 'they caught me on facebook a few times' - the really bizarre thing was she actually didn't see what she had done wrong, she genuinely thinks it's perfectly acceptable to actually be checking your account for updates every 10/15 minutes.

The attitudes of a lot of people these days really are worrying, they want the World and aren't prepared to do anything for it.

The defendant that my wife is dealing with in court today telling her that he's had to get a job because the DWP has stopped paying his mortgage.

Not remotely surprising. I have no idea how we managed to get into this position in the first place.

Edited by MattP

Usually they make every excuse under the sun but this was just blatant

I think the entitlement culture has become so endemic in certain sections of society they don't even feel the need to make the excuses anymore.

Still feel like it's hard to get a job though and I'm not sure current recruitment practices help. Would the company use that agency again? Hopefully not considering they provided 3 slackers.

The spoon fed brats at University.

I gradauted last year, but my girlfriend is just going into her final year at the University of Warwick. For a bit of context - Warwick is within the top 5 Universities in the UK, and most people who go there, within reason, end up in fairly top jobs. Therefore, you'd think they would have a little common sense - but no. For example, a few months back I encountered a girl who was baffled that she hadn't recieved her deposit before she'd even finished paying the rent for the lease. The said girl has achieved a pretty high grade in a buisness degree. Furthermore, the amount of them who preach how difficult it is surviving off a student loan, whilst they get a few hundred pounds pumped into their account from Mummy and Daddy every month is ridiculous.

Clearly, academically, they are very intelligent, but so many of them have little to no knowledge of the 'real world' or the value of money - God knows how some of them survive post degree. Thankfully my girlfriend comes from a working class background and doesn't have the snobbery or idiotic tendancies.

As much as I think university is important I've gotta agree with this. That being said, such people have no knowledge of the 'real world' before they go to university and it's likely they'll have no knowledge of it after either - Mum and Dad will make sure they're 'looked after'.

As much as I think university is important I've gotta agree with this. That being said, such people have no knowledge of the 'real world' before they go to university and it's likely they'll have no knowledge of it after either - Mum and Dad will make sure they're 'looked after'.

You've turned into Ken? lol

Let's be honest, very few people are actually like this, one of my good mates went to Warwick and the guys and girls I met there were fantastic when I visited, as down to earth as you'd find in a working mens club. Stereotypes towards people who just happen to be born to rich parents really get on my nerves.

Edited by MattP

Still feel like it's hard to get a job though and I'm not sure current recruitment practices help. Would the company use that agency again? Hopefully not considering they provided 3 slackers.

We probably would use them again but ask for certain ages of people.

The 3 who we got rid of were mostly in there early 20's whereas the one who we will take on permanently was in his mid 30's.

You've turned into Ken? lol

Let's be honest, very few people are actually like this, one of my good mates went to Warwick and the guys and girls I met there were fantastic when I visited, as down to earth as you'd find in a working mens club. Stereotypes towards people who just happen to be born to rich parents really get on my nerves.

Of course there's many who are great, I've met many who are down to earth as anyone. But, I would say that from my experiance, there's still many who very much keep the stereotype alive. Maybe it is often dependant on the degree that you study, a lot of the people I have met are from English and Drama for example.

Of course there's many who are great, I've met many who are down to earth as anyone. But, I would say that from my experiance, there's still many who very much keep the stereotype alive. Maybe it is often dependant on the degree that you study, a lot of the people I have met are from English and Drama for example.

Haha. Drama I can barely imagine actually and I'm sure more than enough from 'the arts' keep that stereotype alive! :D

The ones I knew were did Maths or Politics, they really knew how to live it up. :ph34r:

We probably would use them again but ask for certain ages of people.

The 3 who we got rid of were mostly in there early 20's whereas the one who we will take on permanently was in his mid 30's.

That's against employment law although I'm sure it goes on.