Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

That's against employment law although I'm sure it goes on.

Then it's important to have a good relationship with the agency you have so no one finds out what you are asking. Agencies don't go running to the authorities to grass up people they are doing business with.

You can only be done for breaching employment law if you get caught.

I'm actually shocked to learn people still go in working men's clubs.

No different to any other business, if you run something well and make it attractive you'll do ok. The Newfoundpool one is still absolutely packed on Fri/Sat/Sun nights from the concert to the games room on the few times I've been in there.

People who runs these sort of places often make all sorts of excuses from the price of supermarket beer to the smoking ban but in reality they are excusing their own failings of not coping with the demands of a changing customer base or doing enough to keep the older ones coming back for more. I had one moaning to me in Oadby a while back, he used excuse after excuse and didn't seem to realise the fact he put no entertainment on, no games rooms, no singers etc etc was actually the reason his customer base had gone.

The pubs are all run well around here and none have shut down, four in a smallish village and all seem to be making decent money and have healthy numbers in terms of customers.

You've turned into Ken? lol

Let's be honest, very few people are actually like this, one of my good mates went to Warwick and the guys and girls I met there were fantastic when I visited, as down to earth as you'd find in a working mens club. Stereotypes towards people who just happen to be born to rich parents really get on my nerves.

DG pretty much answered this in the way I would. 

There's a lot of damn good students, but there is a fair few there who do skim through on parents credit card (and do you really think they'll have a hard time of it afterwards and that the parents lavish attitude towards them will change all of a sudden?) 

I do think a lot of it is to do with the degree you study - and you could probably call me biased as studying a 'hard' science made me look with a certain amount of looking-down-nose at the drama and media studies students out getting rat-arsed every night.

• Like 1

Haha. Drama I can barely imagine actually and I'm sure more than enough from 'the arts' keep that stereotype alive! :D

The ones I knew were did Maths or Politics, they really knew how to live it up. :ph34r:

Haha they're nice enough people, but you just don't get to hear a rendition of the soundtrack to Frozen and how important their up and coming role in said play is from Maths and Politics students.

No different to any other business, if you run something well and make it attractive you'll do ok. The Newfoundpool one is still absolutely packed on Fri/Sat/Sun nights from the concert to the games room on the few times I've been in there.

People who runs these sort of places often make all sorts of excuses from the price of supermarket beer to the smoking ban but in reality they are excusing their own failings of not coping with the demands of a changing customer base or doing enough to keep the older ones coming back for more. I had one moaning to me in Oadby a while back, he used excuse after excuse and didn't seem to realise the fact he put no entertainment on, no games rooms, no singers etc etc was actually the reason his customer base had gone.

The pubs are all run well around here and none have shut down, four in a smallish village and all seem to be making decent money and have healthy numbers in terms of customers.

The ones round my way all look dirty and depressing. I don't really like pubs all that much though so working men's clubs have no chance with me. Edited by Samilktray

That's against employment law although I'm sure it goes on.

Then I'm sure we'd stop dealing with the agency and go back to employing people ourselves.

The last 3 weeks have been completely pointless for me and my work as I was in charge of 2 of them. What annoyed me was one of the lads he told me he had a young baby and a girlfriend that wasn't working so he needed the money. I was quite lenient with him, offered him overtime on Saturday & Sunday which would have been an extra £250 for him and covered for him when he turned up late. He didn't turn up for the overtime at the weekend which he said he wanted, then didn't turn up Monday & Tuesday.

I then got it in the neck from my boss as the job he was supposed to do didn't get done.

The ones round my way all look dirty and depressing. I don't really like pubs all that much though so working men's clubs have no chance with me.

There's nothing wrong with the Trummy club mate. Having said that I only go in once a year to pay my subs.

There's nothing wrong with the Trummy club mate. Having said that I only go in once a year to pay my subs.

This the 1 next to the Wrecky or the 1 at the other end of the village? I always get confused between the 2 of them. To be fair it's not really my scene so I'm probably an unfair judge

The ones round my way all look dirty and depressing. I don't really like pubs all that much though so working men's clubs have no chance with me.

Yeah they do, that's part of the image lol

I actually like a pub that looks like a shithole on the outside and then is lovely when you go in, the Rutland and Derby pulls it off fantastically well.

This the 1 next to the Wrecky or the 1 at the other end of the village? I always get confused between the 2 of them. To be fair it's not really my scene so I'm probably an unfair judge

The one near the park is the working mens club, the one at the end of the village is the Legion. Ironically I go in the legion every week even though I'm not a member, I never go in the WMC and I'm a life member there.

Bad Education. Such a monumentally garbage programme, I don't know how anyone can find Jack Whitehall and his tired recycled jokes in the least bit funny. Proper guff show.

I laughed a lot and as an added bonus I really fancy Sarah Soelamani or whatever her name is. It's also the first time I've ever found Matthew Horne funny, and I find him really funny in this

Bad Education. Such a monumentally garbage programme, I don't know how anyone can find Jack Whitehall and his tired recycled jokes in the least bit funny. Proper guff show.

I'm glad someone else thinks this. There hasn't been anything decent on tv comedy wise since the inbetweeners.

'Man City fans havent _____ since they were Chelsea fans'

probably the shittest joke in football other than 'united fans all back 2 lundun ! ! ! '

That United one isn't a shit joke, it's just a fact. I was on the train back to London yesterday and it was full of them in their replica shirts and Australian accents.