Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Living next door to an empty house. It has been empty for at least 4 years and now the trees and garden are all over grown causing damage to the fence. The wonderful Blaby council say nothing can be done about it.

I could be wrong (it's been known), but aren't you allowed to cut down anything overhanging, so long as you place the cut offs back in their garden? I'd imagine this would include anything pushing your fance back and therefore within your garden boundaries. :dunno:

Living next door to an empty house. It has been empty for at least 4 years and now the trees and garden are all over grown causing damage to the fence. The wonderful Blaby council say nothing can be done about it.

At my parents house there is an empty house next door to them however the council send a gardener every now and then.

I keep cutting back the overhanging branches but there are about three different trees and the damage was already done by the time it became apparent. Would like a new fence as it's falling apart but as it is on their side I don't particularly feel like parting with the cash.

Phone the council tell them you will put a claim in if they don't do anything, I had a problem with the path outside my house that was getting damaged by some weed from somewhere lol, and it was edging ever nearer to my drive, I phoned the council and said I'll claim it it damages my drive, they were over in a few days ripped up the path and fixed (probably temporary) the problem.

Phone the council tell them you will put a claim in if they don't do anything, I had a problem with the path outside my house that was getting damaged by some weed from somewhere lol, and it was edging ever nearer to my drive, I phoned the council and said I'll claim it it damages my drive, they were over in a few days ripped up the path and fixed (probably temporary) the problem.

Put a claim in against the council? Would that work considering the tree is in the garden? So frustrating. Not sure how it is ever going to get sorted and know we will have a job to sell the house if we decided to as no one would want to live next door to that state.

Edited by pds

Time to visit a solicitor. The owner needs to be offered the opportunity to correct the situation or be sued for nuisance or negligence, I forget which one. Both are civil torts and there's plenty of case history to support the damage you are experiencing.

Bird's Eye adverts. That little bear was a twat but the new feel faceless humourless "homely" campaigns turn my stomach. No one has ever sat down to a family meal and talked up a Bird's Eye mechanically-recovered chicken piece as if it was the best meal they've ever had

Shits who can't be arsed to return their trolley to the trolley park thing and instead leave it stranded in a car parking space.

Do they people think they're too good or too important to walk 10 yards to the nearest trolley park?

If I worked in Asda as a trolley collector, I'd hide in the bushes and snipe them with a BB gun.

It would almost double your wage, collecting all those £1 coins... it's when one's a token you feel cheated

People at football matches who don't sit in their numbered seat.

It ain't hard is it. Quite a simple system really. You buy your ticket, have to take it to the game, then show it at the turnstile.

The only job left to do is read what number and row it is, then place yourself there. Why the last bit is an issue for some I don't know.

People at football matches who don't sit in their numbered seat.

It ain't hard is it. Quite a simple system really. You buy your ticket, have to take it to the game, then show it at the turnstile.

The only job left to do is read what number and row it is, then place yourself there. Why the last bit is an issue for some I don't know.

Have you ever been to a football match abroad?!?