Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

My internet is being a bastard. Ring up Talktalk and can't get through to anyone who can speak English.

I phoned up my bank last week and got through to a N Irish call centre. With all due respect (I know what a horrible job it can be) I honestly couldn't understand a word they were saying.

Got pulled over by the police for not displaying my Tax disc lol .....copper had an attitude....shock......I explained to him that you don't need to display one anymore he went back to the police car phoned someone and then realised I was right.

Jeez I thought the coppers would know about this, it's not a secret.

Muppets.

• Like 1

Got pulled over by the police for not displaying my Tax disc lol .....copper had an attitude....shock......I explained to him that you don't need to display one anymore he went back to the police car phoned someone and then realised I was right.

Muppets.

did he apologise?

did he apologise?

He said 'my mistake' after he phoned someone, so it ended ok, but he had an attitude right at the start, he said 'are you aware you aren't displaying a tax disc'?  I said yes, he replied 'oh so you admit it'?  Almost as if to say that I had admitted I was doing something wrong. It was his attitude that pissed me off.

Muppets.

Most of the police just like having power over you so they act like cocky pricks.

Guest MattP

People who get away with things.

Reading a two page spread about Grevile Janner in the Mail today, how has he got away with this?

When he does die this could reach Savile proportions.

People who get away with things.

Reading a two page spread about Grevile Janner in the Mail today, how has he got away with this?

When he does die this could reach Savile proportions.

Got to love Matt, he always knows who's guilty, if they're labour it's a definate yes.

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 2

Guest MattP

lol

Yeah because I've never called out Ted Heath have I?

At least you'll get another rep point from Ken though for that one.

Edited by MattP

People who stand in the middle of the aisle in the supermarket having a nice long chat, oblivious to all the people trying to get past them. Especially on a Saturday morning when it is busy.

This really winds me up. Although I think it's quite an English thing to get annoyed about.

People who stand in the middle of the aisle in the supermarket having a nice long chat, oblivious to all the people trying to get past them. Especially on a Saturday morning when it is busy.

Yes, utter imbeciles. Most of the time they don't even try and move out of the way.

Even worse are the braindead liabilities that get to the top of an escalator and stop, causing a pedestrian pile-up behind them.

My standard issue brain struggles to comprehend the absence of mind that these people have.

Carrying on with the supermarket rant....The absolute free for all that cracks off when the final reduced items are put in the reduced section, have come away with scratches and bruises from mainly women when im just trying to get hold of me 8pence spring onions!!!

Oh, and

Bianca Westwood

We are staying at a rental with some friends. They seriously can't discipline their kids.

Already one had broken a blind. Another was crawling across a table and grabbing the table display. They've even brought their nanny with them.

Sort your kids out. Don't leave it to someone else to do.

• Like 1

Maybe repeating here but what grinds my gears is when you bear witness a motorist parking their vehicle in a "family" bay or disabled bay when clearly they are not carrying a child and they do not display a blue badge, if you do not have a blue badge you shouldn't park there.. 
People have said that some disabled people don't have a blue badge but way I see it is this... If you are a Leicester fan but do not have a match day ticket, you cannot go into the stadium to watch the match.. if you do have a blue badge you cannot utilise the disabled bay, I don't use it purposely because it is not for me, so you should either if it is not for you!

• Like 1

English motorways.

Having been constantly told by English people how terrible Belgian drivers are I was expecting a nice relaxing trip from Folkestone to Bristol this past weekend.  Instead I learned why the English crowd think Belgians are so terrible: In short because you're all fvcking retarded.  

Have you passed the car in the lane to your left? Yes? Good.  Is there now a good few hundred meters of space in that lane? Yes? Also good. Are you travelling a solitary mph faster than the next car down the road?  THEN PULL THE FVCK OVER YOU INBRED CVNT.

• Like 2

English motorways.

Having been constantly told by English people how terrible Belgian drivers are I was expecting a nice relaxing trip from Folkestone to Bristol this past weekend. Instead I learned why the English crowd think Belgians are so terrible: In short because you're all fvcking retarded.

Have you passed the car in the lane to your left? Yes? Good. Is there now a good few hundred meters of space in that lane? Yes? Also good. Are you travelling a solitary mph faster than the next car down the road? THEN PULL THE FVCK OVER YOU INBRED CVNT.

It's alright Carl, they can now be fined £100 and get 3 points, the only problem is the motorway police are too busy looking for people to race with to actually do anything about them.

I swear the national sport isn't actually football but seeing how slowly you can drive in an overtaking lane, and how many people you can box in by doing so.  You lot really don't like it when someone cheats by using the empty left-hand lane to go past 10 cars either.  On the bright side, at least it makes you speed up to speeds more in keeping with your lane as you try to pull off the box-in.  (For contrast, the general reaction I'm used to over here for attempting such a manoeuvre is to let the car finish undertaking and pull in behind them.)

I swear the national sport isn't actually football but seeing how slowly you can drive in an overtaking lane, and how many people you can box in by doing so.  You lot really don't like it when someone cheats by using the empty left-hand lane to go past 10 cars either.  On the bright side, at least it makes you speed up to speeds more in keeping with your lane as you try to pull off the box-in.  (For contrast, the general reaction I'm used to over here for attempting such a manoeuvre is to let the car finish undertaking and pull in behind them.)

You do realiuse we drive on the left over here - hence the understandable fury at someone overtaking on that side? :unsure:

You do realiuse we drive on the left over here - hence the understandable fury at someone overtaking on that side? :unsure:

Apparently I understand it better than 90% of the British population, hence my understandable fury at nobody using that lane as they amble along in one of the other 2 lanes blocking up traffic.

• Like 1