Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

It's alright Carl, they can now be fined £100 and get 3 points, the only problem is the motorway police are too busy looking for people to race with to actually do anything about them.

I can imagine it'd be hard to obtain sufficient evidence. The driver could just say they were going at 70mph overtaking a series of lorries travelling slower so it was taking a long time to overtake

Most people just can't handle the fact there are many cars on the road over here and you can't always reach the speed limit. Get some decent music to listen to and just chill out.

It's not a driver density issue, it's a dense driver one.  You simply don't see people refusing to return to the inside lane as stubbornly over here, and as I mentioned above the 'Belgian' (because let's face it the population over here is extremely multinational) way of dealing with these people is to undertake them to point out how much space they have, prompting them in most cases to return to the inside lane instead of arrogantly trying to box you in like I experienced so much of over the weekend. 

When you go to the gym and the person on the equipment next to you has liberally dowsed themselves in deodourant/perfume/aftershave so as you are panting heavily you are choking to death.

Its a fraction better than someone smelling really bad in the gym though.

People putting their feet up on seats of buses/trains. Seriously, someone else has to sit there.

I find it so ridiculous that buses and trains have to display "don't put your feet on the seats" signs but I suppose that's society today.

People putting their feet up on seats of buses/trains. Seriously, someone else has to sit there.

I find it so ridiculous that buses and trains have to display "don't put your feet on the seats" signs but I suppose that's society today.

Mate you're like 20 or something.

I'm not a middle lane hugger myself but as long as they're bombing along at 70+... 70 tops then I don't see a problem. Lots of junctions on English motorways plus lorries and idiots going 50mph make constantly dipping in and out of the inside Lane quite a trecharous endeavour. Many a time I've diligently moved over only to find myself having to brake hard because there's someone going insanely slow ahead and now I'm blocked from overtaking. Would have been safer for all concerned just to stay in the middle Lane.

• Like 1

I'm not a middle lane hugger myself but as long as they're bombing along at 70+... 70 tops then I don't see a problem. Lots of junctions on English motorways plus lorries and idiots going 50mph make constantly dipping in and out of the inside Lane quite a trecharous endeavour. Many a time I've diligently moved over only to find myself having to brake hard because there's someone going insanely slow ahead and now I'm blocked from overtaking. Would have been safer for all concerned just to stay in the middle Lane.

Have to use your judgement - I don't think anyone minds people staying in the middle lane if the gaps in the slow lane are 100 yards or so, it's when someone stays in the lane when there's clearly no one in the left lane for miles that it bothers people. Course it doesn't really affect me, riding a motorbike there's always enough room for an overtake

+1 for the Brentism

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

I swear the national sport isn't actually football but seeing how slowly you can drive in an overtaking lane, and how many people you can box in by doing so.  You lot really don't like it when someone cheats by using the empty left-hand lane to go past 10 cars either.  On the bright side, at least it makes you speed up to speeds more in keeping with your lane as you try to pull off the box-in.  (For contrast, the general reaction I'm used to over here for attempting such a manoeuvre is to let the car finish undertaking and pull in behind them.)

Not all of us. I'm a big fan of this manoeuvre and will happily applaud anyone who pulls it off, much to the annoyance of the middle-lane hoggers. :D

• Like 1

Footballers Autobiographies. The only one i've ever actually bothered to read was Gazza's (so perhaps i'm a hypocrite), but the excerts that get splashed all over the press just read like something from TOWIE or Katie Price.

Given the choice between reading Roy Keane's latest playground spats and reasons for being the self confessed greatest man that ever lived or Rio Ferdinand's guide to being a moron, I think I'd chose to never pick up a book again.

Footballers Autobiographies. The only one i've ever actually bothered to read was Gazza's (so perhaps i'm a hypocrite), but the excerts that get splashed all over the press just read like something from TOWIE or Katie Price.

Given the choice between reading Roy Keane's latest playground spats and reasons for being the self confessed greatest man that ever lived or Rio Ferdinand's guide to being a moron, I think I'd chose to never pick up a book again.

Keane's latest is co-written by Roddy Doyle, who's a seriously good writer, so that might make it better than your average ex-footballer's bland, money-making garbage. I'm sure there are still better things to read, though!

Keane's latest is co-written by Roddy Doyle, who's a seriously good writer, so that might make it better than your average ex-footballer's bland, money-making garbage. I'm sure there are still better things to read, though!]

Like the assembly instructions for an Ikea chest-of-drawers... Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

Keane's latest is co-written by Roddy Doyle, who's a seriously good writer, so that might make it better than your average ex-footballer's bland, money-making garbage. I'm sure there are still better things to read, though!

I'd imagine Keane's will be a lot more interesting than most, as will Joey Barton's when he inevitably brings one out, simply because of the characters they are/were. But, they never do anybody any favours, and the tabloid press will make out as though it's the Kennedy memoirs

It's better than having Roy Essandoh working at your gym.

Actually that was pretty cool.

Hey,He works at the gym on Cambridge Science Park now.My mate who I persuaded to support Leicester nany years ago gets a rub down from him and every time lets him know how much he upset him.

Hey,He works at the gym on Cambridge Science Park now.My mate who I persuaded to support Leicester nany years ago gets a rub down from him and every time lets him know how much he upset him.

Yeah I went there for a year when I was working at the Science Park and we chatted about the game, he said that Leicester fans are usually very enthusiastic about meeting him and shaking his hand considering the damage he inflicted on us!

Yeah I went there for a year when I was working at the Science Park and we chatted about the game, he said that Leicester fans are usually very enthusiastic about meeting him and shaking his hand considering the damage he inflicted on us!

may I ask who you worked for, you obviously don't have to say or can PM me,but deal with quite a few companies on there.