Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Went to one today and it was for the kids, softplay, face painting etc, never been to a kids party where the focus wasn't entirely on the kids, seems very strange illusion.

Totally weird! Not even a birthday cake?! Longest two hours of my life, feel like I'm sat in a club on my own but it's got children in it!

People putting their feet up on seats of buses/trains. Seriously, someone else has to sit there.

I find it so ridiculous that buses and trains have to display "don't put your feet on the seats" signs but I suppose that's society today.

I've seen someone cutting their toenails on the tube before, made no effort to clean up after he had finished. Also seen a bloke having a shave on the tube too, is that any worse than a woman doing her make-up on a train though?

I've seen someone cutting their toenails on the tube before, made no effort to clean up after he had finished. Also seen a bloke having a shave on the tube too, is that any worse than a woman doing her make-up on a train though?

Well yeah cos the woman don't leave their dirty bodily deposits behind them when doing make-up? 

Well yeah cos the woman don't leave their dirty bodily deposits behind them when doing make-up? 

I was referring to the shaving on the train compared to a lady doing her make-up. It was an electric shaver, so very little in the way of bodily deposits left behind. The toenail thing definitely is disgusting though.

When youngsters start listening to crappy pop songs on their phone, using poor headphones and pestering their immediate environment.

Surely if you've got the money for an expensive smartphone, dishing out a bit of extra dough for some solid and better headphones is doable?

When youngsters start listening to crappy pop songs on their phone, using poor headphones and pestering their immediate environment.

Surely if you've got the money for an expensive smartphone, dishing out a bit of extra dough for some solid and better headphones is doable?

Won't they generally be Christmas/birthday presents rather than the kids being rich.

Won't they generally be Christmas/birthday presents rather than the kids being rich.

For the younger ones, I'd concur. However, I was more thinking in the region of 16+ year olds, the ones that are already able to earn their own money on the side.

It's just that juxtaposition that strikes me - needing a status symbol in the form of a super-expensive cell phone, yet not having an additional fraction of the value of said phone to purchase better headphones. Besides, the latter aren't that expensive, really.

Edited by MC Prussian

Guest seanfox778

For the younger ones, I'd concur. However, I was more thinking in the region of 16+ year olds, the ones that are already able to earn their own money on the side.

It's just that juxtaposition that strikes me - needing a status symbol in the form of a super-expensive cell phone, yet not having an additional fraction of the value of said phone to purchase better headphones. Besides, the latter aren't that expensive, really.

Is that a real word? I just thought it was David Brent's record label.

On the tram yesterday, some kids (looked about 11 or 12) constantly swearing. Was ridiculous. There are others on there, children younger and people older than them. It even got worse, a girl knocked into one of them in which one of them shouts "suck my dick". I mean, seriously?

So random. Even if you're late and need to do stuff like have a shave, you don't do it on public transport. Stuff like that stays at home. 

Passwords.

I realise they are there for our protection, we do need them, e.t.c, it's more of me winding myself up about forgetting them.

It's bad enough I have to remember my own passwords, which I forget quite often have to reset them and think of a different one - therefore having 10,000 variations of passwords (Or so it seems), which I realise isn't a bad thing - i.e having different passwords - if they are all the same and someone does hack you, you are pretty ****ed if all your passwords are the same.

Anyway recently my mum (Who isn't very technologically minded so its down to me to set up and correct for her) has bought an iPad and iPhone so I now have to remember all her passwords too.

I've been writing the passwords down but am too stubborn the get my arse up to get the piece of paper when I am logging in or correcting something for here so end up locking myself out/having to reset the passwords meaning I have yet even more to remember.

It's more of a rant at myself rather than passwords per se as it goes without saying they are quite important.

Passwords.

I realise they are there for our protection, we do need them, e.t.c, it's more of me winding myself up about forgetting them.

It's bad enough I have to remember my own passwords, which I forget quite often have to reset them and think of a different one - therefore having 10,000 variations of passwords (Or so it seems), which I realise isn't a bad thing - i.e having different passwords - if they are all the same and someone does hack you, you are pretty ****ed if all your passwords are the same.

Anyway recently my mum (Who isn't very technologically minded so its down to me to set up and correct for her) has bought an iPad and iPhone so I now have to remember all her passwords too.

I've been writing the passwords down but am too stubborn the get my arse up to get the piece of paper when I am logging in or correcting something for here so end up locking myself out/having to reset the passwords meaning I have yet even more to remember.

It's more of a rant at myself rather than passwords per se as it goes without saying they are quite important.

Iv'e got all mine saved in my phone.

If I ever lose my phone I'm fvcked though.

Guest seanfox778

Iv'e got all mine saved in my phone.

If I ever lose my phone I'm fvcked though.

I do this but I try and write a code so it's not the direct password. I always forget what the code means though. 

People having a go at Sterling for being fatigued. Give the lad a break, hes only 19 and playing at a level where he wont peak for another 10yrs so yeah once in a while hes going to get tired.

There are people at uni complaining at this, the same people who cant make a 11am lecture claiming to be too lazy/tired, after doing fvck all the day before. Really is mind-boggling

Passwords.

Take a TV show or movie you know really well, pick a random line from it and take the first letter of each word in that line. Stick in a number or a symbol or two and instant reasonably tough password that isn't difficult to remember. Just have to remember the line.

Passwords.

There are some very good password tools that save them all for you. pretty useful ive heard (thought to be honest i dont use them and suffer from the same problem as you).