Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Just looked at the article again and...

13613547601765321480.GIF

lol

You have to wonder how much profit is in, being a leading country in science. I mean how often do you hear something new has been designed by a British group? But we rarely seem to be at the forefront of manufacturing such products.

This is straight of the top of my head, so forgive me if I am being massively ignorant.

lol

You have to wonder how much profit is in, being a leading country in science. I mean how often do you hear something new has been designed by a British group? But we rarely seem to be at the forefront of manufacturing such products.

This is straight of the top of my head, so forgive me if I am being massively ignorant.

There's no end of profit in it, but the UK seems to have a thing for giving away patents for massively profitable tech to other countries for...well, I'm not sure why.

We are a nation of innovators, but the discoveries that the leading minds make over here rarely receive financial backing due partly to short-term thinking (tech development tends to be a long haul big return thing) and partly due to an ingrained anti-science establishment that places arts above the sciences in the UK, and always has. Look at the TV - the role models are music stars and reality TV no-marks, not scientists and astronauts.

I think given the financial wherewithal, some of the best brains in the world would be coming up with great ideas to benefit the UK and the UK actually benefitting from them in the long term, rather than having to come up with an idea in the garden shed that then gets sold to the Chinese for a pittance.

Capitalism and "trickle down" economics

Why not move to a country that doesn't have it if you don't like it?

Today's grind - Yet again people who don't pay money on time. If you do the work you should be paid when you were told you would be. It's unacceptable not too.

Looking for a second hand car. Why is a 'Lady owner' seen as a good thing? For every boy racer that revs the fvck out of his engine, there's a bimbo who doesn't know how to use a clutch.

Well the absence of a sweaty ball sack inhabiting the driver's seat on a frequent basis has got to be a bonus.

Edited by Mike Oxlong

Today's grind - Yet again people who don't pay money on time. If you do the work you should be paid when you were told you would be. It's unacceptable not too.

Totally agree.

And that brings my on to Direct Debit - the "easy way to pay" is of no benefit to customers, it's a complete fraud that makes significant extra money for the corporations.  Utility companies, TV licensing, telecoms I'm looking at you.  

The fact they can get away with charging a premium to customers who want to pay once the service has been delivered, based on what they've actually consumed, rather than some exaggerated estimate used on Direct Debit billing, is disgraceful.

Direct debit means money in advance for the corporations which improves their quarterly financials, means they have money up front which they can then invest and earn returns, and leaves absolutely no incentive for these companies to provide a decent service or to issue refunds of overpayments to customers in a timely manner.  A complete fraud in my view and I refuse to engage with any company on a direct debit basis.

Watermarking is really the only way to stop people nicking photos on the internet, and even then you can try and remove them. What really grinds my gears is when someone takes a photo and then watermarks them, like that 'random silly' blog that guy was posting last year where he watermarked photos of girls in various states of undress.

Oh yeah and that pose is very cvntish.

The resident small-man syndrome willy puller spreading his angry little vibes around the office on a Monday morning. Evidently continued to fail in his quest to pleasure his wife this weekend and now wants everyone in the office to suffer too. Twat.

Has Moose slipped up in his quest to avoid self-identification here?

From his post, can we ascertain the following:

1) Moose works in an office (and not on an oil rig or in a supermarket)

2) Moose is not in charge of said office or he'd be able to put the aforementioned small-man twat in his place

3) Moose is not himself a small man (or at least does not perceive himself as such)

Or is this deliberate misinformation that he has posted. Maybe he is 5ft2 and works on a building site in Sunderland?  :unsure:

My money's still on an estate agent's clerk in Market Harborough....and 5ft9 (in Cuban heels)  :whistle:

No, Alf, for once you're missing the obvious:

He is the 'small-man syndrome willy puller' to whom he refers; it's his self-loathing that he's let slip..

Now, now, Buce! No call for that! Let's ensure that FoxesTalk remains the polite, friendly place we know and love!

p.s. Before anyone asks, I'm a 6ft 6in blonde female sauna attendant in a small town in the Finnish tundra (Oh, God! Some degenerate's going to get excited at the thought of that, isn't he?!)

Now, now, Buce! No call for that! Let's ensure that FoxesTalk remains the polite, friendly place we know and love!

p.s. Before anyone asks, I'm a 6ft 6in blonde female sauna attendant in a small town in the Finnish tundra (Oh, God! Some degenerate's going to get excited at the thought of that, isn't he?!)

You lost me at 6ft 6in ;)

• Like 1

I guess we need an emoticon for tongue-in-cheek..

Yes, Hildagard, I am... I mean he is.

• Like 1

Has Moose slipped up in his quest to avoid self-identification here?

From his post, can we ascertain the following:

1) Moose works in an office (and not on an oil rig or in a supermarket)

2) Moose is not in charge of said office or he'd be able to put the aforementioned small-man twat in his place

3) Moose is not himself a small man (or at least does not perceive himself as such)

Or is this deliberate misinformation that he has posted. Maybe he is 5ft2 and works on a building site in Sunderland? :unsure:

My money's still on an estate agent's clerk in Market Harborough....and 5ft9 (in Cuban heels) :whistle:

lol

Some reasonable observations but you've still got a long way to go. I should add that the small man in question isn't actually that short, in height terms, but his attitude is classic small man syndrome. I may or may not be taller than he. There's no way I'm voluntarily going to check.

Edited by MooseBreath

that sounds harsh imo

I did put a warning!!

I guess it is only really done for international adoptions. And those annoy me to. I've seen men fly in to a country, spend one night there and take their adopted kids home. You should have spent at least two years in a country before you can adopt. That way you'll have some idea of the kids culture and can talk to them about it when they grow up.

Plus, there are kids in your home country that need adopting.

Edited by Merging Cultures