Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Is Nationalism a symptom of narrow-mindedness, lack of international experience etc? On the one hand you've clearly got the cultureless cvnts who go in for Nationalism because they've not got much else going for them, but then you also have intelligent, well travelled nationalists, who are much harder to understand. If you know about the qualities that exist elsewhere in the world why would you want to close your door?

You could turn that around.

You could be well travelled and see things you despise so much you'd become nationalistic to keep it out of your own society for what you see as the greater good.

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!  lol

We need to see more infighting on the right. I'm looking forward to the Tory/UKIP face-off during the election. Almost as thrilling as lesbian mud wrestling!  :thumbup:

When I travel, I definitely enjoy the differences in cultures.

I married a into a different culture, my daughter and son were born into a different cultures and we live in another culture (hence my new login name).

Ah! I've finally twigged! You're Baltimore! I think it was the "location: Lesotho" bit that finally got through my thick skull... Not sure about "Merging Cultures", though....wouldn't "Peacefully Coexisting, Inter-Communicating Cultures That Learn A Bit From One Another But Enjoy Taking the Piss Out Of One Another" have been a better username? Maybe not.... How about something a bit easier for those of us with early onset senile dementia: "Lesotho Lad" or something?  :D

Agreed, but wouldn't it be a better idea to support ways to get them to cut that shit out rather than just pulling up the drawbridge and saying it's not our problem?

I understand the fears regarding culture etc but my argument is purely pragmatic here - at some point there WILL be a civilisation-threatening problem that one or even a few nations alone can't sort out, and if there is still too many differences between nations by then we'll either deal with it piecemeal and fail or just nuke each other fighting over the few places left on the planet that will still be inhabitatable. Either way everyone loses.

Depends on how you feel, I'm not prepared to risk my own country just to try and sort out another, selfish I know but that's the way I feel.

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!  lol

We need to see more infighting on the right. I'm looking forward to the Tory/UKIP face-off during the election. Almost as thrilling as lesbian mud wrestling!  :thumbup:

You might be very disappointed. Even if the public face is that no 'pacts' are in place it looks quite different on the ground.

According to most of the people I'm talking to and a lot of the things I'm reading it seems UKIP activists won't be going 'all out' in a lot of seats where it's a Labour/Tory fight and a lot of Tory activists seem to be starting to realise they have absolutely nothing to gain by fighting and campaigning against UKIP in seats where UKIP the only real opposition to Labour, I know a few from Leicester who won't even be bothering to campaign here but will be getting buses up to places like Rotherham and Doncaster to take on Labour next year.

It's like the UKIP and Conservative membership and voters actually realises it wants a Tory or a Tory/UKIP government far more than a Labour one even if the leadership of both parties don't.

Depends on how you feel, I'm not prepared to risk my own country just to try and sort out another, selfish I know but that's the way I feel.

That's fair enough, but I do fear where that attitude will lead the human race in the long term.

Social Darwinism is excellent right up to the point where something is too big and everyone dies.

wind. how do you combat wind?

if it's cold put a coat on. if it's hot take all your clothes off. if it snows put your gloves on. if it rains get your umbrella out or if you're not cool enough put your hood up. if it's sunny get your sunnies on. there's literally a combat for everything except wind. there's shit flying all over the roads here, it noisy as fúck and it's pissing me off.

Wear a windbreaker

You might be very disappointed. Even if the public face is that no 'pacts' are in place it looks quite different on the ground.

According to most of the people I'm talking to and a lot of the things I'm reading it seems UKIP activists won't be going 'all out' in a lot of seats where it's a Labour/Tory fight and a lot of Tory activists seem to be starting to realise they have absolutely nothing to gain by fighting and campaigning against UKIP in seats where UKIP the only real opposition to Labour, I know a few from Leicester who won't even be bothering to campaign here but will be getting buses up to places like Rotherham and Doncaster to take on Labour next year.

It's like the UKIP and Conservative membership and voters actually realises it wants a Tory or a Tory/UKIP government far more than a Labour one even if the leadership of both parties don't.

Interesting....

Can only see that working if the UKIP vote is higher than it is now in Labour's non-safe seats (what's a few thousand off the majority in Salford or somewhere?). I'm sure they could take a small number of seats (like Rotherham) from Labour, and more from the Tories in Kent, Essex & East Anglia, in particular, but unlikely to be enough to influence the formation of the next government unless they push up to 20 seats and beyond in a close election. Not there yet, I reckon - maybe 10-12? What do you reckon?

Miliband's seat is one of the Doncaster ones, isn't it? Any serious chance of him having a "Portillo 1997 moment"? Unlikely, I assume?

Meanwhile, if UKIP continues to take more votes from the Tories than from Labour (still the case, judging from the byelection results and your Rochester poll), then even with a low-profile campaign locally they'll be handing some Tory marginals to Labour and turning some moderately "safe" Tory seats into marginals.....unless they can do a deal with the Tories not to stand candidates in certain seats, which seems a non-starter.

Of course, there's still time for UKIP to rise further and cause a political earthquake, but there's also time for them to fall back or implode.... Your dream (and my nightmare) could yet happen, but they're not on track for it yet...

Are you going to be involving yourself in the election campaign? I might go and join the Greens to get involved....would be fun just to see what all those prim, humourless, upper-middle-class vegetarian ladies and right-on beardies made of me (I'm stereotyping of course, but that's how quite a lot of them seem!). I had a great laugh campaigning door-to-door for Labour back in the 80s, though I suppose it's all different now....."on-message phone calls to target swing voters" (maybe not with UKIP or the Greens, though). The country needs more political debate....where Scotland has led, we must follow!

Ah! I've finally twigged! You're Baltimore! I think it was the "location: Lesotho" bit that finally got through my thick skull... Not sure about "Merging Cultures", though....wouldn't "Peacefully Coexisting, Inter-Communicating Cultures That Learn A Bit From One Another But Enjoy Taking the Piss Out Of One Another" have been a better username? Maybe not.... How about something a bit easier for those of us with early onset senile dementia: "Lesotho Lad" or something?  :D

It does say - Formerly BaltimoreBlue in my signature!!

And who knows how long I'll be in Lesotho... next stop is probably Zambia... I don't want to have to change my sign in AGAIN!

Interesting....

Can only see that working if the UKIP vote is higher than it is now in Labour's non-safe seats (what's a few thousand off the majority in Salford or somewhere?). I'm sure they could take a small number of seats (like Rotherham) from Labour, and more from the Tories in Kent, Essex & East Anglia, in particular, but unlikely to be enough to influence the formation of the next government unless they push up to 20 seats and beyond in a close election. Not there yet, I reckon - maybe 10-12? What do you reckon?

Miliband's seat is one of the Doncaster ones, isn't it? Any serious chance of him having a "Portillo 1997 moment"? Unlikely, I assume?

Meanwhile, if UKIP continues to take more votes from the Tories than from Labour (still the case, judging from the byelection results and your Rochester poll), then even with a low-profile campaign locally they'll be handing some Tory marginals to Labour and turning some moderately "safe" Tory seats into marginals.....unless they can do a deal with the Tories not to stand candidates in certain seats, which seems a non-starter.

Of course, there's still time for UKIP to rise further and cause a political earthquake, but there's also time for them to fall back or implode.... Your dream (and my nightmare) could yet happen, but they're not on track for it yet...

Are you going to be involving yourself in the election campaign? I might go and join the Greens to get involved....would be fun just to see what all those prim, humourless, upper-middle-class vegetarian ladies and right-on beardies made of me (I'm stereotyping of course, but that's how quite a lot of them seem!). I had a great laugh campaigning door-to-door for Labour back in the 80s, though I suppose it's all different now....."on-message phone calls to target swing voters" (maybe not with UKIP or the Greens, though). The country needs more political debate....where Scotland has led, we must follow!

I still think 7/8 is likely for UKIP overall but don't think they'll be far off 20% in terms of overall vote, one seat in the North would be a big enough bonus as I still feel Labour will get enough of their vote out come May, it's rare they don't when the Tories are in power. Rotherham is the big one, no Portillo moment but the child grooming thing has to hurt the party and I'm sure they'll suffer.

No official pact now is going to happen between UKIP and the Tories, it's too far gone and I genuinely believe Farage hates Cameron more than he does Miliband, the attacks on UKIP from Labour seem to have all but disappeared now so they also seem to know that harming the UKIP vote harms themselves long term.

No idea if I'll get involved, I'd like to but it's a lot of time and commitment, I wouldn't want to campaign in Leicester though, I'd make a weekend away of it somewhere I hadn't been before I did, problem with that is I've always been against people going into areas they aren't from and telling people why and what they would vote for so it makes me a bit of a hypocrite.

I'd love to see what the Greens make of you, the Fred Flinstone look just screams a man who eats meat 24/7, drives a gas guzzling motor and works in some sort of industry that is chopping down something lol:ph34r::P

I still think 7/8 is likely for UKIP overall but don't think they'll be far off 20% in terms of overall vote, one seat in the North would be a big enough bonus as I still feel Labour will get enough of their vote out come May, it's rare they don't when the Tories are in power. Rotherham is the big one, no Portillo moment but the child grooming thing has to hurt the party and I'm sure they'll suffer.

No official pact now is going to happen between UKIP and the Tories, it's too far gone and I genuinely believe Farage hates Cameron more than he does Miliband, the attacks on UKIP from Labour seem to have all but disappeared now so they also seem to know that harming the UKIP vote harms themselves long term.

No idea if I'll get involved, I'd like to but it's a lot of time and commitment, I wouldn't want to campaign in Leicester though, I'd make a weekend away of it somewhere I hadn't been before I did, problem with that is I've always been against people going into areas they aren't from and telling people why and what they would vote for so it makes me a bit of a hypocrite.

I'd love to see what the Greens make of you, the Fred Flinstone look just screams a man who eats meat 24/7, drives a gas guzzling motor and works in some sort of industry that is chopping down something lol:ph34r::P

lol

The vote shares in Rochester will be interesting. I'm assuming that it'll be 1. UKIP, 2. Tories, 3. Labour, but vote share will tell a lot in a "safeish" Tory seat (normally) that is a bit less UKIP-friendly than Clacton but has a significant Labour minority.

The Labour vote in Heywood & Middleton was actually fractionally up on last time (not a great performance, but not disastrous either, in the circumstances). The fact that the result was so close was down to the Tory and Lib Dem vote collapsing, though I'm sure they didn't all go straight to UKIP. A chunk of the Lib Dem vote will have gone to Labour and a chunk of the Labour vote to UKIP.

Yet in Clacton the Labour vote almost disappeared! Some of that will be ex-Labour voters disenchanted with Labour and life in general, as well as a personal vote for Carswell, but I wonder if a decent chunk were Labour supporters voting tactically for UKIP to defeat the Tories? There might be a hell of a lot of localised tactical voting at the election, and not all of it in the direction that people might expect. Could make for some major divergences across the country.

Meanwhile, as a betting expert, what odds do you reckon I'd get on a double of UKIP to win the Rochester byelection and Labour to win it at the general election?  :whistle:

Edited by Alf Bentley

You could turn that around.

You could be well travelled and see things you despise so much you'd become nationalistic to keep it out of your own society for what you see as the greater good.

This is true, and we almost seem to have targeted those same incompatible cultures to bring in en masse.

We should be shutting the door to cvnts but not to everyone. You only need to go to small town Scotland or Wales to see how culturally vacuous and generally squalid white British-only areas can become. Get rid of the incompatible cultures and replace them with some well chosen south Americans and a load of Buddhists or something and multiculturalism would work just fine.

This is true, and we almost seem to have targeted those same incompatible cultures to bring in en masse.

We should be shutting the door to cvnts but not to everyone. You only need to go to small town Scotland or Wales to see how culturally vacuous and generally squalid white British-only areas can become. Get rid of the incompatible cultures and replace them with some well chosen south Americans and a load of Buddhists or something and multiculturalism would work just fine.

Yeah but the South Americans will make drug cartels and shit but at least we'll be able to naturalise some decent footballers

Got a phone call 400yrds from the house from the wife to say there was a dead cat in the middle of the road,it was still warm.Moved it to the side of the road,unfortunately there were no house lights on at nearby houses however would you really carry on driving just leaving the poor thing in the middle of the road after hitting it.it is not a busy road.some people are thoughtless cvnts.

Got a phone call 400yrds from the house from the wife to say there was a dead cat in the middle of the road,it was still warm.Moved it to the side of the road,unfortunately there were no house lights on at nearby houses however would you really carry on driving just leaving the poor thing in the middle of the road after hitting it.it is not a busy road.some people are thoughtless cvnts.

Happened to my friends wife 2 weeks ago. Out walking their dog with their kids the dog ran out into the road some driver hit it and just drove off.

It wasn't the drivers fault at all as it was the dog who ran out into the road, but to not stop and leave a woman and her 2 kids with an injured dog laying in the road makes him a cvnt.

lol

The vote shares in Rochester will be interesting. I'm assuming that it'll be 1. UKIP, 2. Tories, 3. Labour, but vote share will tell a lot in a "safeish" Tory seat (normally) that is a bit less UKIP-friendly than Clacton but has a significant Labour minority.

The Labour vote in Heywood & Middleton was actually fractionally up on last time (not a great performance, but not disastrous either, in the circumstances). The fact that the result was so close was down to the Tory and Lib Dem vote collapsing, though I'm sure they didn't all go straight to UKIP. A chunk of the Lib Dem vote will have gone to Labour and a chunk of the Labour vote to UKIP.

Yet in Clacton the Labour vote almost disappeared! Some of that will be ex-Labour voters disenchanted with Labour and life in general, as well as a personal vote for Carswell, but I wonder if a decent chunk were Labour supporters voting tactically for UKIP to defeat the Tories? There might be a hell of a lot of localised tactical voting at the election, and not all of it in the direction that people might expect. Could make for some major divergences across the country.

Meanwhile, as a betting expert, what odds do you reckon I'd get on a double of UKIP to win the Rochester byelection and Labour to win it at the general election?  :whistle:

Sorry I missed this.

Erm Labour were 12/1 to win Rochester at the start of this (although far longer now) and UKIP are 2/7 to win the seat next week.

So you'll be looking at around 16/1 on UKIP winning it next Thursday and Labour returning to it next May. I'd be amazed if it happened though, Labour look as dead in the South as the Tories do in the North.

Yep, it's a sad harsh truth that multiculturalism has probably only failed here as we've decided to import huge amounts of the wrong people whose lifestyles are incompatible with the Western way of life.

I mean, you ever heard a person be racist (and I mean really racist) towards a Chinese person?

Yep, it's a sad harsh truth that multiculturalism has probably only failed here as we've decided to import huge amounts of the wrong people whose lifestyles are incompatible with the Western way of life.

I mean, you ever heard a person be racist (and I mean really racist) towards a Chinese person?

I heard "fvcking Chinks" quite a lot growing up but then I did grow up in the sticks.

I heard "fvcking Chinks" quite a lot growing up but then I did grow up in the sticks.

'Fcuking Chinks' though isn't that bad is it, it's immature and stupid but I doubt the people who utter it would generally have a hatred of them.

I heard a few people openly say they would send all Muslims to the gas chambers in public, I mean that sort of racism, you wouldn't hear that towards any other ethnic group I don't think.