Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Just went on George Taft's twitter (forgive me) and saw a post about the Bradgate (the pub/restaurant in Newtown Linford) and apparently they are "doing bits" the "doing bits" remark was coupled with a picture of a pizza. So by "doing bits" I assume he meant they are cooking pizzas and he is taking pictures of them, I dunno. All I know is my gears have been ground beyond recognition.  

The pizzas there are legit nowadays though.

Edited by Unabomber

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-29811624

Ye Gods, is it possible for some guys to not act like lecherous twunts?

And on the other side, is it possible for the "all-comments-at-women-in-the-street-are-harassment" brigade to differentiate between a "Good Morning" and behaviour involving someone being one of the aforementioned lecherous twunts who needs a good kick in the nuts?

The first of those is a fair bit more of an issue that the second though.

Oh, and the lady in the video is getting rape threats. How nice.

Would be interesting to see the ratio of how many people she walked past (in Nyc? One per second? 36,000?) against how many actual inappropriate comments she received, which assuming the YouTube video shows the worst was about 3.

Also be interesting to see the ratio of comments from ghetto areas against wholesome neighbourhoods.

Also be interesting to see how many comments she got if she wasn't wearing clothes that showed off the big ass and the big teddies (pretty much the perfect figure to most Americans)

I'm laughing at some of the women showing solidarity behind this on social media. "I get this all the time". You're phooking hideous, so no you don't.

• Like 3

I saw that the other day on Reddit and read some of the comments on there. Since when was saying 'Good morning' or 'Hello' classed as 'harassment'? 

I found her quite rude - ignoring people who are probably just being nice (granted that it was probably part of the 'experiment' to just keep walking). That guy who walked next to her supposedly for 5 minutes not saying anything is a bit creepy though.

Would be interesting to see the ratio of how many people she walked past (in Nyc? One per second? 36,000?) against how many actual inappropriate comments she received, which assuming the YouTube video shows the worst was about 3.

Also be interesting to see the ratio of comments from ghetto areas against wholesome neighbourhoods.

Also be interesting to see how many comments she got if she wasn't wearing clothes that showed off the big ass and the big teddies (pretty much the perfect figure to most Americans)

I'm laughing at some of the women showing solidarity behind this on social media. "I get this all the time". You're phooking hideous, so no you don't.

I'd agree that more information is needed.

Was what she was wearing really that provocative?

I saw that the other day on Reddit and read some of the comments on there. Since when was saying 'Good morning' or 'Hello' classed as 'harassment'? 

I found her quite rude - ignoring people who are probably just being nice (granted that it was probably part of the 'experiment' to just keep walking). That guy who walked next to her supposedly for 5 minutes not saying anything is a bit creepy though.

Therein lies the problem - as I said there's a clear difference between just saying a pleasantary and being a lecherous ****, but it just takes one of the latter to really mess up your day, if they've a mind to.

I'd agree that more information is needed.

Was what she was wearing really that provocative?

Therein lies the problem - as I said there's a clear difference between just saying a pleasantary and being a lecherous ****, but it just takes one of the latter to really mess up your day, if they've a mind to.

I agree. But the video is misleading. For a 10-hour walking period, they've got 2 minutes worth of video. What about all the people she walked by who said absolutely nothing? They don't acknowledge that. It's all geared to telling the story they want to tell, not necessarily the full truth of what happened. It's like statistics - you can influence them and explain them in so many different ways as long as you get it to show what you want it to say.

I bet in a week's time many won't even remember what this woman's name is.

Just went on George Taft's twitter (forgive me) and saw a post about the Bradgate (the pub/restaurant in Newtown Linford) and apparently they are "doing bits" the "doing bits" remark was coupled with a picture of a pizza. So by "doing bits" I assume he meant they are cooking pizzas and he is taking pictures of them, I dunno. All I know is my gears have been ground beyond recognition.

The pizzas there are legit nowadays though.

On a scale of Domino's to Criterion?

And on the other side, is it possible for the "all-comments-at-women-in-the-street-are-harassment" brigade to differentiate between a "Good Morning" and behaviour involving someone being one of the aforementioned lecherous twunts who needs a good kick in the nuts?

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/ebf5e34fc8/10-hours-of-walking-in-nyc-as-a-man

lol

• Like 1

Never been to Criterion are they good? The pizzas are pretty good at the bradgate, they are a weird shape though so it depends how round you like your pizzas.

This surprises me as the food and beer are both excellent. It's very old mannish, beards and awful jumpers everywhere (on actual old boys, not hipsters) but a wide variety of beers. Lots of Belgian as well as English ales.

The pizzas are all they do food wise but they're excellent and not particularly pricey.

Nice place to start your night.

Just watched the video, seems ethnic minorities in New York have a serious problem with this sort of thing. Shame they were that desperate to throw a white guy into the video they sort of devalued it by comparing saying good morning to a lot of the other stuff.

Still, least she's in NYC, would be far worse anywhere outside of Europe or America.