Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-29811624

Ye Gods, is it possible for some guys to not act like lecherous twunts?

And on the other side, is it possible for the "all-comments-at-women-in-the-street-are-harassment" brigade to differentiate between a "Good Morning" and behaviour involving someone being one of the aforementioned lecherous twunts who needs a good kick in the nuts?

The first of those is a fair bit more of an issue that the second though.

Oh, and the lady in the video is getting rape threats. How nice.

Would be interesting to see the ratio of how many people she walked past (in Nyc? One per second? 36,000?) against how many actual inappropriate comments she received, which assuming the YouTube video shows the worst was about 3.

Also be interesting to see the ratio of comments from ghetto areas against wholesome neighbourhoods.

Also be interesting to see how many comments she got if she wasn't wearing clothes that showed off the big ass and the big teddies (pretty much the perfect figure to most Americans)

I'm laughing at some of the women showing solidarity behind this on social media. "I get this all the time". You're phooking hideous, so no you don't.

The issue here is that it's all told from a female perspective and that it gives a misleading view of things. As already mentioned, using two minutes out of a video of ten hours is (intentionally) tampering with your "evidence" just to make a point.

Personally, there's a line between complimenting a woman in earnest and being an offensive dick (obviously, d'oh). The gripe that I have is that some women (highly likely feminists) use "proof" like this video in order to throw all men in the same basket.

Sometimes, it makes you wonder how disturbed, negative or "damaged" these women are in real life that they can't walk around with a smile or don't take everything that serious.

The guy silently walking alongside her for two minutes straight is well creepy, though.

Then again, what do I know about all of this?

Just went on George Taft's twitter (forgive me) and saw a post about the Bradgate (the pub/restaurant in Newtown Linford) and apparently they are "doing bits" the "doing bits" remark was coupled with a picture of a pizza. So by "doing bits" I assume he meant they are cooking pizzas and he is taking pictures of them, I dunno. All I know is my gears have been ground beyond recognition.

The pizzas there are legit nowadays though.

Good luck man reading his shit tweets is a known cause of aids

Joe Public's slightly strange obsession with retribution in any sort of criminal case, regardless of what actually happened.

Some tool has commented on that story in the Mercury about that lad that crashed his Dad's car, killing his younger brother, that the non custodial sentence handed down is "to (sic) lenient".

Ignore the fact that his parents didn't want him to go to jail, the judge felt custody " wholly inappropriate ", or that forever being that bloke that killed his kid brother in a car crash could possibly be construed as punishment in itself. It's almost as if they'd not actually read the story.

Surely not

Joe Public's slightly strange obsession with retribution in any sort of criminal case, regardless of what actually happened.

Some tool has commented on that story in the Mercury about that lad that crashed his Dad's car, killing his younger brother, that the non custodial sentence handed down is "to (sic) lenient".

Ignore the fact that his parents didn't want him to go to jail, the judge felt custody " wholly inappropriate ", or that forever being that bloke that killed his kid brother in a car crash could possibly be construed as punishment in itself. It's almost as if they'd not actually read the story.

Surely not

Some people enjoy the idea of revenge masquerading as 'justice'.

Surely not

I have to be honest I did this yesterday, it did irk me that on the same day a mate gets sent down for two years for throwing a punch in self defence I have to read about a guy getting no time for killingssomeone thanks to his stupid actions.

I can obviously understand the logic behind this but I find it strange how sometimes victims families views and requests are completely ignored and then sometimes clearly adhered to.

I think it can set a dangerous precedent if you have no consistency in sentencing.

I think it's when victims and their families request a more lenient sentence as oppose to a tougher one.

I agree, so why is that?

We say families emotion shouldn't be taken into account when sentencing but then we openly do when their emotion is leniency.

Again, it's inconsistency.

You've been massively letting yourself down in that thread for a long, long time.

I think the last one I posted was an absolute pearler though, quality not quantity

He believed his own hype imo not dissimilar to tom ince

4 hot birds in a year says it all really

I'm gonna go do bits right now

I have to be honest I did this yesterday, it did irk me that on the same day a mate gets sent down for two years for throwing a punch in self defence I have to read about a guy getting no time for killingssomeone thanks to his stupid actions.

I can obviously understand the logic behind this but I find it strange how sometimes victims families views and requests are completely ignored and then sometimes clearly adhered to.

I think it can set a dangerous precedent if you have no consistency in sentencing.

I agree that it would be better (well easier to understand, anyway) if sentencing was consistent, but I think it's less of a case of it not being consistent, rather that sentencing guidelines are actually relatively complicated, so even though on the surface two cases seem alike there are all sorts of different factors that get taken into account in determining the sentence, the detail of which is inevitably lost when the media reports on them.

The connection of the victim to the convicted must have played a huge part in the sentencing outcome.  I know it makes things more complicated, but the flexibility to take account circumstances has surely got to be a good thing.  In this case, the death of the bloke's brother is surely worse than any punishment the court can hand down, unless he's a complete psychopath of course.

If your mate is a decent bloke and it's a wrong place, wrong time scenario or whatever then I hope his time goes quickly and he can move on from it. That seems a pretty stiff sentence for just hitting someone though - rightly or wrongly the judge saw something in it that he or she took pretty seriously (or was obliged to due to sentencing guidelines), I'd have thought