Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Hybrid cars - yes they are cheaper to run but you don't know they're coming as siilent when running on electric.

I have yet to see a decent looking hybrid apart from the BMW i8

Most modern cars are so quiet you can't hear their engines over road noise anyway.

Hybrid cars - yes they are cheaper to run but you don't know they're coming as siilent when running on electric.

I have yet to see a decent looking hybrid apart from the BMW i8

I've driven a few and I really don't like the power delivery of the ones I've driven they weren't bad cars but just gave an odd driving experience. I can't see how a hybrid SUV looks any worse than a standard SUV though.

Web pages moving.

When i'm trying to read something the page decides to load an advert and move the page, or when i'm trying to click on a link and an advert decides to load moving the page and means I click on the advert opening up another page.

Doing my head it, adverts on web pages and moving pages are worse that pop-ups (That seems quite rare nowadays - because they've gone down the route that is grinding my gears presumably)

Or possibly even worse, the adverts that slide down the pages and move as you scroll down.

Edited by Matt

Web pages moving.

When i'm trying to read something the page decides to load an advert and move the page, or when i'm trying to click on a link and an advert decides to load moving the page and means I click on the advert opening up another page.

Doing my head it, adverts on web pages and moving pages are worse that pop-ups (That seems quite rare nowadays - because they've gone down the route that is grinding my gears presumably)

Or possibly even worse, the adverts that slide down the pages and move as you scroll down.

https://adblockplus.org/

The Facebook group Britain First using Remembrance Sunday as an excuse to peddle their bile-filled views.

Their mindset is far closer to what the UK actually fought in WWII to defeat rather than what we fought for.

Agree with this 100%. Ended up having my Facebook page polluted by some of their cynical exploitation of Remembrance Day today - using the fact that a poppy seller had been attacked to promote their agenda of hatred, when Remembrance Day is supposed to be strictly non-party-political.

It was someone off FoxesTalk who put it on my Facebook page by "liking" the news of these ex-BNP thugs going onto the streets to "protect" poppy sellers. I won't name him as he may have done it in all innocence, to support poppy sellers. But it's clearly a concerted strategy to promote this vile organisation, as the Mirror reports that they are now the most "liked" political group on Facebook (!): http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/ampp3d/how-britain-first-plans-infiltrate-4518320

Here's what the Telegraph reckons to their abuse of Remembrance Day to win support and funds (condemned by the British Legion): http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/world-war-one/11207973/The-loathsome-Britain-First-are-trying-to-hijack-the-poppy-dont-let-them.html

Here's what the Mail reckons to them abusing Lee Rigby's name to win votes (which upset Rigby's mother): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2614505/Fury-hijack-Lee-Rigbys-poll-Soldiers-mother-says-heartbroken-extremist-party-allowed-use-ballot-papers-European-election.html

Here's the sort of organisation we're dealing with:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britain_First

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/who-are-britain-first-far-right-party-invading-mosques-1449289

Ex-BNP...."Mosque invasions"...."Christian patrols".....vigilante gangs.......Belfast Loyalist militants.....military jeeps.....we get the picture!

If these people are as well-organised on the ground as they seem to be in cyberspace, they could become very dangerous indeed. Watch out who you "like" or give money to!

They're standing in the Rochester byelection, so will be interesting to see how many votes they get.

The Facebook group Britain First using Remembrance Sunday as an excuse to peddle their bile-filled views.

Their mindset is far closer to what the UK actually fought in WWII to defeat rather than what we fought for.

Agree 100%! There's a quote from a Libertines song which goes something like 'Her old man, he don't like blacks or queers, yet he's proud we beat the Nazi's, how queer' - a little on the nose seeing as it's the Libs, but it's seemingly very apt of large groups in this country.

Families. Can't live with them, can't live without them apparently.

First communication with my sister for months is a snide comment on FB regarding paying an extra couple hundred quid to go business class for my flight home next year, given that I've hived a fair bit away for when I return and I can afford it.

Quote, "Well that's very nice! That could have paid for your rent for a month or gas and electric for a year!!"

Yeah, I know it could. It could also feed two dozen starving Africans for a fair while or pay for a quarter of a set of intensive driving lessons.

But the last time I checked, I wasn't paying YOUR bills and it's 250 fvcking quid. And it's my money to spend.

It's the fact that the first time I hear from her in three months is that shite.

Edited by leicsmac