Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/nov/13/why-women-in-science-are-annoyed-at-rosetta-mission-scientists-clothing?commentpage=1

Really? Aside from that shirt being a crime against fashion, is it really worth this whiney attitude. They put a probe on a comet - roughly equal to trying to land a ping pong ball on an RC helicopter piloted by an ADHD-riddled toddler on a sugar binge, and this is what is considered important about it?

Now, I'm very grateful to my boss for giving me a lift home several times a week, but in recent times it's got a bit tricky. You see, sometimes we'd listen to a bit of Talksport, or Radio Leicester, or 5 Live, and just occasionally some commercial bobbins like Fart FM or whatever it's called. Unfortunately now, he only ever listens to one station - Gem 106.

It's not for me to cast aspersions over the intentions of Gem 106's owners or employees, but given the choice I think I'd rather listen to the sound of my own knees being smashed by a shit encrusted hammer.

I know mainstream commercial radio is crap at the best of times, so my expectations are aligned accordingly, but Christ, the level of banality achieved by this particular station would have taken herculean effort. You would get more meaningful conversation and wit by putting some street drinkers on the air. Bland, I can take, but it isn't quite bland enough to pass you by - the level of insipidness is so unbelievable, it makes it impossible to zone out. I was so tense by the time I got dropped off I felt a bit ill.

And then they play "How Will I Know?" by Whitney Houston, and I begin to think maybe the Taliban's ban on music does have an upside

Just be thankful it's not Heart, who only recognise Natalie Imbruglia did one song, Kylie did two and you are never more than 20 minutes away from Happy by Pharrell.

Just be thankful it's not Heart, who only recognise Natalie Imbruglia did one song, Kylie did two and you are never more than 20 minutes away from Happy by Pharrell.

My god I hate heart. Especially that morning show. Bloody horrendous radio

Those life skills ads. What a load of shite.

Doesn't say much for the youth does it that some need to be told to speak correctly, wear a tie at job interviews and shake hands when meeting people.

Aren't people teaching them this is how to behave in school anyway?

Doesn't say much for the youth does it that some need to be told to speak correctly, wear a tie at job interviews and shake hands when meeting people.

Aren't people teaching them this is how to behave in school anyway?

I can't believe there are people out there who don't do any of those things. Jesus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I nodded my head in an assertive manner

Suppose it's pretty cool working for royalty.

I don't actually blame you though, doesn;t bother me shaking hands with mates etc but there are a lot of tramps out there these days and god knows where they have been.

I'm so OCD when it comes to hygience I'm CDO so if I've got to shake hands with people I don't know I'll take some wipes out with me or at worst just wash my hands ASAP.

When you leave your house first thing to see some chode has left your wing mirror hanging off...even though the ****ing things automatically tuck in when you lock it. How is that even possible? Our ****ing street isn't even narrow!

That's £150 down the shitter, thanks you ****ing tool.

PS I'm a smidge bit cross about it.

Edited by Paddy.

When you leave your house first thing to see some chode has left your wing mirror hanging off...even though the ****ing things automatically tuck in when you lock it. How is that even possible? Our ****ing street isn't even narrow!

In Loughborough?

In Cosby?