Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Not really no. But it does annoy me. I take the point about getting ill or whatever but I don't get it.

Fair enough. To be honest masks like are ridiculously ineffective against anything but the biggest particulate matter anyway unless they've been specically treated, and it's not like we're a hotbed of pollution where that is a factor, so I can't understand really why they'd wear them either, unless they were sick themselves.

But if they want to wear them, then fair play.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2854251/Jobless-Stockport-couple-spend-1-5k-Christmas-two-children.html

Don't cut benefits... people can't even afford food... a quarter of UK children are in poverty. 

Oh wait.

Seems a bit harsh, he supposedly lost his job and they've obviously been frugal with their income to be able to afford to treat their kids. Probably tricked into appearing in the mail.

• Like 1

It's the Mail doing Cameron's election campaigning again. You can tell the response  by people on Twitter.The usual 'I pay for their fags and booze]

I expect if he had a job they may have still been on benefits as a lot of warehouse jobs do not pay that well. Do they smoke and drink? how much have they been saving and for how long? What do they spend on themselves? Does the mail answer these questions?

They have counted all their income including housing benefit and CT rebate. That would not go into their pockets. Cutting nights out could save quite a bit and if they don't smoke would save even more.

So in reality they have probably done what others have been calling for those on benefits to do and only spend on essentials. What they have not spent on themselves they have put away for their kids so they do not miss out at Xmas. Something the majority of decent parents try to do.

Part quote from a post on Facebook saying similar to what i put.

interesting how they use their words, actually the £16,000 includes the rent benefit etc., so it's a total of benefits they get and if they can be frugal and save then they are doing very well, and when you break it down it works out £6.74 / hours if they were working for the money for 40 hours a week after tax, don't forget this includes paying the rent, and if they were in work they would be entitled to an extra £9,000 in tax credits, so its all quite relative,

Another post from Facebook

Possibly paid for the story? Hope they declared it or they`re now fraudsters...Panorama:Trouble On The Estate featured my old stomping grounds (age 9-25), Shadsworth Estate in Blackburn, Lancs., & was heavily-biased e.g. 'alcoholic/druggy mum' later driving around in 2yo people carrier, 'youths in street fight' all were £20 better off that day of filming, & blurry/montage/narrated voiceover segment of young male in 20s with hood up was actually running catch bus for work! Re: the story in the Sun - well, I suspect the children may have gotten their TVs earlier than planned, or similar...hint,hint

Edited by Rincewind
  • Like 1

That's nice of them. Load up and drive off. Bet it won't be your car next time. Unless they are parked next to you and left their trolley  while they nipped off for a last minute pee before driving home.

I dont know if you were being sarcastic but i meant empty trollies which could potentially roll into my car and damage it.

It's the Mail doing Cameron's election campaigning again. You can tell the response by people on Twitter.The usual 'I pay for their fags and booze]

I expect if he had a job they may have still been on benefits as a lot of warehouse jobs do not pay that well. Do they smoke and drink? how much have they been saving and for how long? What do they spend on themselves? Does the mail answer these questions?

They have counted all their income including housing benefit and CT rebate. That would not go into their pockets. Cutting nights out could save quite a bit and if they don't smoke would save even more.

So in reality they have probably done what others have been calling for those on benefits to do and only spend on essentials. What they have not spent on themselves they have put away for their kids so they do not miss out at Xmas. Something the majority of decent parents try to do.

Part quote from a post on Facebook saying similar to what i put.

interesting how they use their words, actually the £16,000 includes the rent benefit etc., so it's a total of benefits they get and if they can be frugal and save then they are doing very well, and when you break it down it works out £6.74 / hours if they were working for the money for 40 hours a week after tax, don't forget this includes paying the rent, and if they were in work they would be entitled to an extra £9,000 in tax credits, so its all quite relative,

Another post from Facebook

Possibly paid for the story? Hope they declared it or they`re now fraudsters...Panorama:Trouble On The Estate featured my old stomping grounds (age 9-25), Shadsworth Estate in Blackburn, Lancs., & was heavily-biased e.g. 'alcoholic/druggy mum' later driving around in 2yo people carrier, 'youths in street fight' all were £20 better off that day of filming, & blurry/montage/narrated voiceover segment of young male in 20s with hood up was actually running catch bus for work! Re: the story in the Sun - well, I suspect the children may have gotten their TVs earlier than planned, or similar...hint,hint

They do smoke - they saved money by switching to roll ups. Why don't we make this a rule for people on hand outs and reduce payments by £50 a month. Doesn't say how they saved the rest, but they certainly look well fed. If they're not living proof that hand outs can be reduced by 30% across the board then I don't know what is.

Always makes me laugh when people say 'that includes rent' as if that's supposed to excuse it. Most of us have rent or mortgage to pay, and it comes from our own pocket not handouts.

Edited by MooseBreath

That annoys me as well. Really want to say to them like just go to your own Country if you have to insist on wearing those masks around our Country.

Literally one of the most stupid posts I've ever seen.

And actually, I'm reasonably sure a lot of people wear them because they have colds and they're being considerate / not wanting to spread it?

Literally one of the most stupid posts I've ever seen.

And actually, I'm reasonably sure a lot of people wear them because they have colds and they're being considerate / not wanting to spread it?

I know, yeah, I didn't mean it as I said after that initial post. Bit wound up about something else at the same time of posting.

They do smoke - they saved money by switching to roll ups. Why don't we make this a rule for people on hand outs and reduce payments by £50 a month. Doesn't say how they saved the rest, but they certainly look well fed. If they're not living proof that hand outs can be reduced by 30% across the board then I don't know what is.

Always makes me laugh when people say 'that includes rent' as if that's supposed to excuse it. Most of us have rent or mortgage to pay, and it comes from our own pocket not handouts.

The government needs to readopt a policy of full employment before we can get so tough on welfare.

• Like 1

If he had worked previously he would have paid NI and tax so it would be an entitlement not a handout. Also if he was working for a minimum wage he would still receive those benefits  plus tax credits. There should be a guaranteed living income for people that work so as to make it worthwhile. If she worked they would have to find money for child care which may be an extra benefit.

Anyway it is possible they were paid for the story to fuel the response it received. People do not think things through before reacting to this sort of thing and that is what sells papers and raise or lower the popularity of politicians and governments..

Most people who are calling them scroungers most likely thought that way anyway so the story just confirmed their prejudices of people they do not know but happy to believe the stereotype view.

Hearing that a 22-year old girl who helped a couple of young girls from being harassed by some guys, then sustained life-threatening hits to the head by one of the previous attackers when she left the place, is now dead:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30268653

Another person killed by an eastern european immigrant who probably already had a criminal record.

Edited by z-layrex

If he had worked previously he would have paid NI and tax so it would be an entitlement not a handout. Also if he was working for a minimum wage he would still receive those benefits plus tax credits. There should be a guaranteed living income for people that work so as to make it worthwhile. If she worked they would have to find money for child care which may be an extra benefit.

Anyway it is possible they were paid for the story to fuel the response it received. People do not think things through before reacting to this sort of thing and that is what sells papers and raise or lower the popularity of politicians and governments..

Most people who are calling them scroungers most likely thought that way anyway so the story just confirmed their prejudices of people they do not know but happy to believe the stereotype view.

How many times do stereotypes need to be confirmed before they just become the truth? It's blatantly obvious that we're wasting a huge amount of money for people to arse around not contributing anything. Those people shouldn't be getting any hand outs at all. They're both capable of working so they should both be working. Cut their hand outs 100% and see how quickly they get jobs. Do that for every hand out taker and this country would be in a much better place.