Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Ex partners who can't admit when something is over.

I think there should be a rule as to how long you can be miserable and pine for after the relationship ends. Im proposing you can be depressed and mope around after being dumped for 1 day for every month that you were together. (Therefore 6 months = 6 days of being depressed) For that length of time you can collect sympathy from friends and mope around the house in your pyjamas while phoning in sick just because you don't fancy working. Any longer than this allocated period of time and you become a social outcast and should stop kidding yourself that the relationship can still work.

I think there should be a rule as to how long you can be miserable and pine for after the relationship ends. Im proposing you can be depressed and mope around after being dumped for 1 day for every month that you were together. (Therefore 6 months = 6 days of being depressed) For that length of time you can collect sympathy from friends and mope around the house in your pyjamas while phoning in sick just because you don't fancy working. Any longer than this allocated period of time and you become a social outcast and should stop kidding yourself that the relationship can still work.

But these people were in love, and now the love is gone. They'll be sad.

Though if your rule is enforced, I hope no-one who's been married for 70-odd years breaks up :giggle:

But these people were in love, and now the love is gone. They'll be sad.

Though if your rule is enforced, I hope no-one who's been married for 70-odd years breaks up :giggle:

Ahh but with this system, they can mope for years if they choose! If you stop being miserable before then then it's all good! :thumbup:

Ahh but with this system, they can mope for years if they choose! If you stop being miserable before then then it's all good! :thumbup:

Actually, they'll probably be glad to be rid of each other :D

But it's a good system, I like it (except when it will happen to me) :thumbup:

Actually, they'll probably be glad to be rid of each other :D

But it's a good system, I like it (except when it will happen to me) :thumbup:

But if you're the one doing the dumping then you'll carry on as normal anyway.

If you're the one being dumped then you now get some free time off of work and the likes. No one wants to have to force themselves into normality straight away having had a relationship end.

But if you're the one doing the dumping then you'll carry on as normal anyway.

If you're the one being dumped then you now get some free time off of work and the likes. No one wants to have to force themselves into normality straight away having had a relationship end.

That's not always the case.

But generally it'll be less painful being the one who ends a relationship as most of the time you'd think it through and come to a decision beforehand.

Know what you mean though.

Exactamundo. If you're ending a relationship then you've had the time before hand to think it threw and come to terms with it yourself. Always odd for the first couple of days but worse for the person on the receiving end as it quite often comes as a shock.

Exactamundo. If you're ending a relationship then you've had the time before hand to think it threw and come to terms with it yourself. Always odd for the first couple of days but worse for the person on the receiving end as it quite often comes as a shock.

It depends what the reasons were though.

Over 150 days if I'm dumped? You have got to be kidding me?

If I was dumped tomorrow, I would be straight down to the Fan Club on Friday night looking for a toy boy!!

Over 150 days if I'm dumped? You have got to be kidding me?

If I was dumped tomorrow, I would be straight down to the Fan Club on Friday night looking for a toy boy!!

Its not compulsary moping .... it does give you the option of 150 days off of work though :thumbup:

Yes but you may not be thinking straight. It is such a big decision, and many regret it soon afterwards.